Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Could the reason we paused the development that we were waiting for these developments? And they'll kick off again soon now that it's done?

Seems the most plausible explanation based on the vacuum of info since. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Why have you jumped to that conclusion?

Genuine question. Al I've seen is Atairos and Orascom are involved in large infrastructure projects. The proposed plans for the North Stand and surroundign areas certainly fits into that bracket.

Is there something I'm missing that people are suddenly so sure this means a new stadium? or is it the usual people drawing conclusions they want to hear?

Is it even definitively Aston Villa-linked?

These guys have invested in V Sports.  There were rumours r.e: a new MLS side (Las Vegas based, wasn't it?) being created.  A large development could happen in the States, no?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Orascom have a lot of experience in light, heavy and high speed rail.

Maybe they could help build the metro to Villa Park / Star City, or even build new heavy rail stations near Star City.

There has to be something afoot bringing in a guy like this to sit on the board?  I mean, why would you unless some very serious construction work is in line?

These guys are very serious players.  If they don't like the prices they've been quoted they could easily just buy a UK contractor as their entry in the UK market and set them, to building the new stand. They could be eyeing up this new HS2 link to be privately built?

The world is your lobster on this guessing game.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why have you jumped to that conclusion?

Genuine question. Al I've seen is Atairos and Orascom are involved in large infrastructure projects. The proposed plans for the North Stand and surroundign areas certainly fits into that bracket.

Is there something I'm missing that people are suddenly so sure this means a new stadium? or is it the usual people drawing conclusions they want to hear?

Yeah as I mentioned earlier, I think this could actually mean the redevelopment goes up to an even larger scale.

With surrounding areas initially not in plan originally now being included for a grander development.

44 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I would now be fairly confident we are either going to be moving to a new stadium or going for a much more extensive redevelopment of Villa Park to include Witton Lane.

We definitely aren't just going to stay as we are as the poorly communicated December message indicated 

I agree. If I was to predict - I think a new, custom built women's stadium will be constructed located next to the brookvale academy facility. I think we re-develop VP rather than new build, it is part of the club's uniqueness. And doesn't Andy Street and the club have to justify the Witton station being re-built too, so a larger re-generation of the area will be key for funding imo.

Expansion of BMH too. How much land do we have to build on at BMH? I recently read about Ajax and Atlanta United's new training ground plans - housing facility for young players and media production studios/spaces too.

Edited by Villa_Vids

I've always felt like the biggest issue with the North Stand rebuild was the 2 years it would have taken to build it leaving us without a fourth stand. If you could build the stand and magically slide it into place overnight I reckon we'd absolutely be going ahead with it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I would now be fairly confident we are either going to be moving to a new stadium or going for a much more extensive redevelopment of Villa Park to include Witton Lane.

We definitely aren't just going to stay as we are as the poorly communicated December message indicated 

Great shout 👏 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Is it even definitively Aston Villa-linked?

These guys have invested in V Sports.  There were rumours r.e: a new MLS side (Las Vegas based, wasn't it?) being created.  A large development could happen in the States, no?

Thought this as well initially.

However, Aitoros CEO is now officially on the Aston Villa Board. ( From the tweet on previous page )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thought this as well initially.

However, Aitoros CEO is now officially on the Aston Villa Board. ( From the tweet on previous page )

I thought it said V Sports board?

Edit:  OK, the actual update is with "Aston Villa Limited" so not V Sports.  Shouldn't be stateside then!

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hold on, I've actually only just seen the previous page , tweets and board additions.

It's big news!

Again... It's almost as if the club have known what they were doing this whole time 😲

* I'm never too proud to be petty ... 😂 ( Banter @Captain_Townsend

Maybe! Would help if they knew how to communicate 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I thought it said V Sports board?

Yeah I had to reread it as well. How it is worded makes it easy to miss.

" Atairos CEO Michael Angelakis one of four new director appointments for #avfc listed at Companies House. "

Key is in " FOR AVFC at Companies House "

Then it goes directly into speaking about their investment in V Sports.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Atairos' investment is in V Sports but the recent directorial appointments are to Aston Villa and all it's related companies, including NSWE Stadium Limited, 1874 Developments Limited, the women's team, and so on, I think there's about ten of them on companies house

On 26/03/2024 at 08:36, Lord Willard said:

I haven’t counted all the houses. Let’s says there’s 400 houses at 200k each. Offer 10% over. That’s £220k per house. That’s 88 million right there. 

£200k for a house in Aston? You’ve got to be kidding! Besides I don’t think the future for increased revenues is bums on seats, it’s all about TV and sponsorship deals which can be increased globally, which is why our new partnership with Artairos  is happening I assume. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

£200k for a house in Aston? You’ve got to be kidding! Besides I don’t think the future for increased revenues is bums on seats, it’s all about TV and sponsorship deals which can be increased globally, which is why our new partnership with Artairos  is happening I assume. 

Quick look on Rightmove at houses for sale withtin half a mile of VP, including a few in that group of roads behind the Doug Ellis. They range from 170k to 200k. So it's not far off

Brightline trains are setting some sort of record of killing people in Florida at the moment.

I'm sure it's not their fault, but it's just something to note :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â