Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Can we not have a couple of temporary erections either side of the North Stand  like at the custard bowl

full

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

So away fans will have standing before home? Ffs

In fairness, I think the safe standing areas are a response to the council and threats to close areas - it might be that of the two we have problems with, the Upper Ellis away bit was the one they could get done in the timeframe they had.

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Can we not have a couple of temporary erections either side of the North Stand  like at the custard bowl

I think with the amount of stuff you'd have to knock down and restructure to get those in it'd be really difficult to make it pay.

At the Trinity end of the North Stand you'd need to knock down the corner flag restaurant and then only be able to get a limited number of seats in, most of which would have a restricted view because they'd  be partly behind the North Stand and partly behind the Trinity Road Stand and on the other corner, you'd have to knock down the entrances to the Lower North Stand, and the newly constructed disabled entrances, plus the fire exits from the offices above and then you'd need to rebuild those somewhere else along the North Stand, for what would again be a limited number of seats, party restricted by the sides of the North and Witton Lane Stands.

To fill in the corners effectively at Villa Park, you'd first need to move the Witton Lane stand back about a hundred feet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So I'm guessing the tunnel club will have seats in the middle Trinity, so I'd imagine if you're sitting in B3 or B4 there's a chance you might be asked to nudge over a bit next season. I can't imagine them putting them anywhere else.

It'll be interesting to see if they're also going to put in the dugout experience hospitality seats (one of the reasons the roofs came off the dugouts) which might affect those who currently sit in C4 and C5.

Beyond that, I can't se anything happening this summer in terms of adding seats - it'll be interesting to know when the process of initially surveying for that happens, or if indeed it's already happened, or if indeed it's more of an 'aspiration' than a process the club is currently undertaking. We'll try to get that question in at the end of the month at the fan meeting.

I would have thought the four Londoners mentioned by Diane were probably architects or surveyors looking at feasibility of filling the corners etc. They most likely came to the conclusion any sane person would, looking at our stands - i.e. "it'll only work in one, maybe two corners".

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I would have thought the four Londoners mentioned by Diane were probably architects or surveyors looking at feasibility of filling the corners etc. They most likely came to the conclusion any sane person would, looking at our stands - i.e. "it'll only work in one, maybe two corners".

Maybe - I mean they could have been from any number of potential sponsors or anything of that nature - I doubt an architectural company would start with the tour.

I don't think we have any corners that are suitable for effective redevelopment - which one or two are you thinking of?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Maybe - I mean they could have been from any number of potential sponsors or anything of that nature - I doubt an architectural company would start with the tour.

I don't think we have any corners that are suitable for effective redevelopment - which one or two are you thinking of?

Holte & Trinity.

And at a push, North & Witton.

My pal who's got his fingers in alot of pies, being a property developer, was at the first planning meeting 18 months or so ago, an has reiterated the council now being skint are making it harder for developers, as they now want to benefit from any big project.  He reckon's this could be a stalling point to redevelopment of the ground, as the council will want money invested in the surrounding areas and talk was on Aston station too, being that if your increasing capacity, money will have to be invested on the Station. Maybe this is why now they are keeping any changes in house, i.e fill the corners and refurbishment, as any knocking down structures will include the council wanting freebies.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

My pal who's got his fingers in alot of pies, being a property developer, was at the first planning meeting 18 months or so ago, an has reiterated the council now being skint are making it harder for developers, as they now want to benefit from any big project.  He reckon's this could be a stalling point to redevelopment of the ground, as the council will want money invested in the surrounding areas and talk was on Aston station too, being that if your increasing capacity, money will have to be invested on the Station. Maybe this is why now they are keeping any changes in house, i.e fill the corners and refurbishment, as any knocking down structures will include the council wanting freebies.

The consent is already granted. Th council can't attach additional riders to it after the fact.

• Like 4

Just now, limpid said:

The consent is already granted. Th council can't attach additional riders to it after the fact.

Not read it, but my pal said Section 60 in the planning act allows it now the council are skint are skint.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not read it, but my pal said Section 60 in the planning act allows it now the council are skint are skint.

Section 60 is about development orders. There is no LDO in place. If one was to be put in place now it would not affect the already granted consents.

But I'm not in the building trade.

Without repeating myself,  this was meant to have started in May 2023 originally and got pushed back to May 2024 and then Heck announced we ain't doing it the on the same week in December 2023 that the Witton station development actually took a step forward. We can be reasonably confident whatever is going on is on the club and not external factors.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There are no transport issues stopping the redevelopment of the North Stand.

they can't get the current lot away from the ground never mind the extra people, hence why the local stations needed upgrading.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

they can't get the current lot away from the ground never mind the extra people, hence why the local stations needed upgrading.

Very true - but those aren't stopping the redevelopment of the stadium in any way.

• Like 1

Feels to me like adding additional capacity  of 2,000 or so seats will be a complex undertaking that will still cost millions. Might as well go all the way instead of settling for a half-baked solution.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Very true - but those aren't stopping the redevelopment of the stadium in any way.

Is this fact. Cause it's a good excuse for the councill to claim some freebie investment.

Â