Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Does anyone know where the step free access (presumably lifts) is going into the Holte for access to the disabled section? Have they cut new shafts as part of the TV?

I enter the Upper Holte via the  steps and turnstiles on the left side of the back of the Holte. After going through one of the left side turnstiles there's already a lift on the left side of the concourse, which I assume goes from the Lower Holte concourse at ground level up the higher of the two Upper Holte concourses. Presumably there's another lift in the opposite corner (right side) of the Holte End.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Lift to the roof then parasail down, adds to the VP experience

I know, very cynical

Forward thinking and more income too! It’s at the very least creative.  Do you have an email sddress for Chris Head

I noticed on the sales page for the European tie that the back rows of the Upper Holte are labelled "this is a future rail seat" which suggests that work hasn't taken place yet.

The club did suggest that it might happen during the season as loads of clubs are currently installing rail seats and there are only a couple of companies in the country that do it.

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I noticed on the sales page for the European tie that the back rows of the Upper Holte are labelled "this is a future rail seat" which suggests that work hasn't taken place yet.

The club did suggest that it might happen during the season as loads of clubs are currently installing rail seats and there are only a couple of companies in the country that do it.

Is there any suggestion the entire Holte may eventually go safe standing? 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Iv'e not seen anything anywhere. There's stuff to do with the rake of the stand and how steep it is that matters to whether you can install it and I'm not quite sure if the whole Holte End is suitable.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am still interested to know how the club intends squeezing a couple of thousands more seats (standing?) in the Holte as part of phase 2/3 of the redevelopment, given the 2028 Euro bid lists a 52,000 capacity. I would be surprised if whatever they plan would be ready by then.

The empty corners?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The empty corners?

Sounds simple, but we don't really have empty corners outside of the North Stand - the Holte and Doug Ellis don't form a corner that you can do anything useful with - the Ellis is in front of the Holte, not next to it (I know that sounds strange, trust me) and then the other corner isn't really a corner at all.

I wouldn't be too surprised if a big chunk of these places are coming in Hospitality areas and the redevelopment of those.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Id hope not, im all for some safe standing in a lot of places but i dont think people should be excluded if they do not want/cannot stand for the entire game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Id hope not, im all for some safe standing in a lot of places but i dont think people should be excluded if they do not want/cannot stand for the entire game.

If it's like the seats we had at Chelsea, I quite liked it.  There is a still a seat which can flip down but leaning on the bar in front of you was quite comfortable for even older legs like mine.  I mainly sit down, I served my time on  the proper Holte, but this was OK

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sounds simple, but we don't really have empty corners outside of the North Stand - the Holte and Doug Ellis don't form a corner that you can do anything useful with - the Ellis is in front of the Holte, not next to it (I know that sounds strange, trust me) and then the other corner isn't really a corner at all.

I wouldn't be too surprised if a big chunk of these places are coming in Hospitality areas and the redevelopment of those.

Yes but generally more hospitality would require more space, and if they are not making the Holte any bigger wouldn't that result in lower rather than higher capacity? 

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes but generally more hospitality would require more space, and if they are not making the Holte any bigger wouldn't that result in lower rather than higher capacity? 

Absolutely, but I can't see much in the way of opportunity to add seats in the usual areas - I suppose they might take out the Lower Ellis and reprofile it - but the corners are all already pretty much maxed out.

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

If it's like the seats we had at Chelsea, I quite liked it.  There is a still a seat which can flip down but leaning on the bar in front of you was quite comfortable for even older legs like mine.  I mainly sit down, I served my time on  the proper Holte, but this was OK

That's good to know, I stand the whole time at the moment, I've got a good few years yet but I also don't think it's right if people have to move. 

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely, but I can't see much in the way of opportunity to add seats in the usual areas - I suppose they might take out the Lower Ellis and reprofile it - but the corners are all already pretty much maxed out.

Aye they could do that- but given the north stand work is due to start in 2024 and at best will be ready by August 2026, would they have time to completely rip out and reprofile the lower DE in time for 2028?  I am just interested to know who quoted  the est 52,000 capacity to the bid team.

So The Holte Suite is unavailable on Sunday because of "undertaking renovations and upgrades"

Anyone heard of this before?  I don't recall anything about major changes here.

A bit shoddy it's not ready in time for the first game though.   Would never have happened under Purslow.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So The Holte Suite is unavailable on Sunday because of "undertaking renovations and upgrades"

Anyone heard of this before?  I don't recall anything about major changes here.

A bit shoddy it's not ready in time for the first game though.   Would never have happened under Purslow.

With Purslow we'd have 3 different suites open in place of one. 

Â