Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So the new CEO didn't like the idea/cost of the villa live thing and they have reworked the plans to this or is it a reaction to the travel plans being delayed?

Maybe - but given that the plans/drawings/work are ready to be submitted, I'd suspect this plan was there before Heck arrived - it's possible they've done this in the last seven weeks, but I don't know.

If it is Heck driven and he's made this decision quickly then worked with the design/architecture team in that short a timeframe to produce this, that's quite impressive.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Maybe - but given that the plans/drawings/work are ready to be submitted, I'd suspect this plan was there before Heck arrived - it's possible they've done this in the last seven weeks, but I don't know.

If it is Heck driven and he's made this decision quickly then worked with the design/architecture team in that short a timeframe to produce this, that's quite impressive.

I have a feeling this one is going to be Heck driven - fits with the heritage driven approach he talks about....

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

How many sth in the north stand? Could be barely any tickets left for members and I would imagine virtually none would reach general sale.

6537 currently sit in the North Stand (it still seems an incredible coincidence that the new stand will exactly double the capacity of the current stand 6537 + 6537 = 13074). So for two seasons, capacity will be reduced from 42657 to 36120, although after segregation it'll probably be around 35500.

Before anyone thinks adding 6537 to our current 42657 doesn't give us a 50k capacity, a further 871 is being added to the Trinity Road and D.E. stands, presumably in the lower tier corners that wraparound to the new North Stand.

image.png.e17288b9b53882462a00af4ce84579ba.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

How many sth in the north stand? Could be barely any tickets left for members and I would imagine virtually none would reach general sale.

This was something I was concerned about. My Dad and I have a membership only, so I am thinking that after the next season it will be nearly impossible to get match day tickets due to the reduced capacity. I think I read somewhere that we have 30k season ticket holders, although someone may correct me on that figure. So take out the North Stand and I would guess that probably reduces the capacity by 6000 or 7000. Take out the away fans allocation which is probably 3000 and the available tickets remaining will be around 3000-4000. I think this may be the last season I can take my Dad along to matches, as he is now 78 albeit he is still fairly spritely for his age.

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

6537 currently sit in the North Stand (it still seems an incredible coincidence that the new stand will exactly double the capacity of the current stand 6537 + 6537 = 13074). So for two seasons, capacity will be reduced from 42657 to 36120, although after segregation it'll probably be around 35500.

Before anyone thinks adding 6537 to our current 42657 doesn't give us a 50k capacity, a further 871 is being added to the Trinity Road and D.E. stands, presumably in the lower tier corners that wraparound to the new North Stand.

image.png.e17288b9b53882462a00af4ce84579ba.png

Thank you. I wasn't too far out with my estimates in the end. Just out of interest, do you know how many of those capacity figures would be hospitality boxes etc? The reason I ask, is that hospitality packages are not for your every day fans budget. Which will reduce the availability of normal tickets for the average fan further.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Why are people talking about 2 years? They haven't said its going to take 2 years have they?

They have yes, from reports about last night it was confirmed that it would take two years and would begin after the Foo Fighters concert.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Why are people talking about 2 years? They haven't said its going to take 2 years have they?

I think the two years comes from this article on Birmingham Live. You have to go quite a way down the page to find the below quote.

North Stand Redevelopment

Construction on the North Stand is expected to last between 18-24 months, subject to planning. Meanwhile, just a stone’s throw away from the stadium, Villa’s inner-city academy is due to be complete next month.

• Thanks 1

Cheers both hadn't seen anyone here confirm that was the plan and hadn't read the mails version of events.

Interesting sacrifice they're making there, and delaying 6 weeks for a foo fighters concert probably makes little difference.

I'd imagine that for 2 years there will be a minimal amount of non ST tickets available for each game. We will have around 2000 available compared to the 8500 now if my maths is correct. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Thank you. I wasn't too far out with my estimates in the end. Just out of interest, do you know how many of those capacity figures would be hospitality boxes etc? The reason I ask, is that hospitality packages are not for your every day fans budget. Which will reduce the availability of normal tickets for the average fan further.

From a photo of the North Stand, it appears that there are two levels, each with 20 boxes. As each box tends to seat around 8 people, I'm assuming the hospitality of the current stand is approximately 2 x 20 x 8 = 320.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'd imagine that for 2 years there will be a minimal amount of non ST tickets available for each game. We will have around 2000 available compared to the 8500 now if my maths is correct. 

I agree, unless they reduce the amount of season ticket holders by not offering those who don't renew next May.

Just now, brommy said:

I agree, unless they reduce the amount of season ticket holders by not offering those who don't renew next May.

Doubtful, and I doubt anyone will give it up next year unless they absolutely have to financially.

At least the ticket office will have a nice easy two years before shit gets real. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

I think the two years comes from this article on Birmingham Live. You have to go quite a way down the page to find the below quote.

North Stand Redevelopment

That article sounds like it was written months ago. Are you sure thats not for the old plans including villa live?

With what @OutByEaster?also said it does sound like it's was mentioned at the meeting last night though as well.

Anyone there that can confirm how it was phrased?

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That article sounds like it was written months ago. Are you sure thats not for the old plans including villa live?

With what @OutByEaster?also said it does sound like it's was mentioned at the meeting last night though as well.

Anyone there that can confirm how it was phrased?

Yeah you are right about the date, looking back it looks like I picked up an article from about 2-3 weeks ago. I do still think it will take a long time to construct though, as there is lots of preperation work to do, removal of old debris etc. I think the timeframe quoted will be based on under-promise with the aim to better that timeframe. If we beat the two years quoted, then we could start selling match day tickets for the last 2-3 months of that particular season.

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The lower Holte and lower trinity had fans in seats before each was finished. 

I feel we are being very inflexible here compared to the previous rebuilds. 

I'm sure they're just being deliberately obstinate on this for shits and giggles. 

Probably have all the empty seats in place and send photos of them to all the people on the waiting list. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, andycv said:

I have a feeling this one is going to be Heck driven - fits with the heritage driven approach he talks about....

Except they've made it clear that the original Villa Live is still committed to and put in writing that the planning permission remains in place to be built later. 

Villa Warehouse is just a sticking plaster whilst build costs are ridiculously high as they currently are. 

Â