Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

I was also just wondering about those shutters at the back of the lower Holte. 

Maybe there is a way of adding a couple of extra rows at the back of the lower Holte. 

I've also seen it written elsewhere that they can re-profile the seats in the lower Witton Lane Stand. 

The other thing is the Holte upper angles inwards due to angle of Trinity Road. Maybe they can bridge the road or re-profile the road and square off the back of The Holte. But that would seem a very expensive project just to add a couple of thousand seats. Would need a new roof and all sorts. 

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The other thing is the Holte upper angles inwards due to angle of Trinity Road. Maybe they can bridge the road or re-profile the road and square off the back of The Holte. But that would seem a very expensive project just to add a couple of thousand seats. Would need a new roof and all sorts. 

It looks like us VTers are none the wiser about where the possible additional 2165 capacity will be located.

Could this be asked in the next fan consultation meeting?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brommy said:

It looks like us VTers are none the wiser about where the possible additional 2165 capacity will be located.

Could this be asked in the next fan consultation meeting?

It will be hovering, rotating disc with a glass floor above the ground for VIP's, bit like at the Austin F1 track 😁

• Haha 2

I just worked with some drillers who worked on this project (gutted I wasn't engineering it). If people like myself are involved then it's fairly safe to say that things are well into the design phase, and the architects/designers are looking at practical implementation solutions. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Junxs said:

Maybe there is some kind of leeway with the scales that the 1:1 is based on?

For example seating in North stand is far tighter than the seating in the Holte, maybe they can rip the seats out of the Holte and base the new rail seating on the 1:1 scale from the North stand (where it will also be introduced)? Thus increasing the previous capacity.. If seating in the stadium exists at that ratio required and will be installed in another part of the ground then an argument can be made legitimately for using the same ratio in other parts of the ground also. 

Not really. The evacuation plans are based on getting a certain number of people out quickly and safely. The 1:1 is unlikely to be looked at until stadiums start being built designed for more people.

Re the funny angle between the lower DE and Holte, isn't that due to the seats having to be reprofiled after the Doug Ellis was built?    You wouldn't have planned it to look like that. It restricts some of the view in the corner of the lower Holte. Also at present, that corner is used for emergency access to the pitch, I assume this could be added in the new North Stand which could open the possibility of somehow redeveloping this area.

The other side of the Holte to the Trinity is massively constrained by Trinity Road. I would doubt it would be cost-effective to build out over the road for a couple of hundred extra seats. 

The only other options I could see is either to build down and lower the pitch as they did at Ibrox, or to introduce rail seating which maybe could add extra capacity by using the area more efficiency. But I am struggling to see how this could add a couple of thousands to capacity, more like a coupe of hundred.

To me it looks like you could reengineer the corner of the Holte and Doug Ellis, though it doesn't look like there is going to be road access via the new North Stand - and so that access will still need to stay.  I wonder if you could wrap around both levels and maintain access?  Hopefully the club will release the wider master plan soon!

It is curious how to get the additional 2k seats. 
I was wondering maybe if they’d look at tying it into the bigger picture (future phase 3)?  Could they perhaps scrap the boxes out of the DE Stand, reprofile the stand as a single storey stand so that the rake matches the new north stand, and loops around the lower bowl nice, so lower Trinity, North and DE all link in nicely in a bowl. 

Looking at this it could possibly be circa 2k seats. 

Then the end game of nearly 60k that’s been quoted could be the expansion of the DE stand outwards so it can reincorporate boxes at same height as Trinity and North, larger concourse area, and accommodate the additional storey on top (circa 6k seats) ? Giving us a ground of around 58k - 59k or so. 

I’m no designer/architect but it’s what I’d be looking at doing after going to all this effort on the North stand - have a stadium that all ties in, just then the Holte as a stand-alone at the end. 

I think it's likely that some of the new capacity will be lounges taking over from boxes - I think there are ways to increase hospitality attendance over regular seating and we might see some re-profiling of stuff like the DE boxes or the concourses at the back of the Lower Holte to allow for more of a sort of balconied hospitality - the stuff with a flat standing space behind a glass fence - I think they can increase on the capacity allowed in individual boxes with larger lounges.

Not sure you'd get 2,000 out of that, but you never know.

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's likely that some of the new capacity will be lounges taking over from boxes - I think there are ways to increase hospitality attendance over regular seating and we might see some re-profiling of stuff like the DE boxes or the concourses at the back of the Lower Holte to allow for more of a sort of balconied hospitality - the stuff with a flat standing space behind a glass fence - I think they can increase on the capacity allowed in individual boxes with larger lounges.

Not sure you'd get 2,000 out of that, but you never know.

Wouldn’t an increase in hospitality numbers still require pitch view seating for those people? You can mass cater in lounge areas but are they then supposed to watch the game on a screen and would that count towards stadium capacity?

Just now, brommy said:

Wouldn’t an increase in hospitality numbers still require pitch view seating for those people? You can mass cater in lounge areas but are they then supposed to watch the game on a screen and would that count towards stadium capacity?

If you look at for example the back of the Lower Holte - if you take a chunk of that concourse out of use for the general public and have the Holte Suite as a feeder for Hospitality seating, you can knock out the (shuttered) bit at the back and add seating there with the lounge behind. The club are also moving to a sort of hospitality with standing room pitch side, so rather than those people going into seats they stand on balconied areas (think bar stools around little tables). Whether you can take out boxes and add more capacity by doing hospitality in other ways, I'm not sure, but I have a feeling the club are looking at every part of the ground they can to see if they can convert to this GA+ hospitality level - I'm just guessing at whether that might help with the mystery 2,000.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If you look at for example the back of the Lower Holte - if you take a chunk of that concourse out of use for the general public and have the Holte Suite as a feeder for Hospitality seating, you can knock out the (shuttered) bit at the back and add seating there with the lounge behind. The club are also moving to a sort of hospitality with standing room pitch side, so rather than those people going into seats they stand on balconied areas (think bar stools around little tables). Whether you can take out boxes and add more capacity by doing hospitality in other ways, I'm not sure, but I have a feeling the club are looking at every part of the ground they can to see if they can convert to this GA+ hospitality level - I'm just guessing at whether that might help with the mystery 2,000.

I was stood with my family looking through the glass behind the goal before the shutters were closed prior to us taking our Upper Holte seats for the recent game against Forest. There is some space to add a few extra rows that would form a new back of the Lower Holte under the overhang of the front of the Upper Holte. If the extra rows were to be across the whole width of the stand (around 200 to 220 seats per row?), the majority of the catering facilities for the Upper Holte would need to go somewhere else. It’s possible as there is a reasonable amount of room in the Upper Holte concourse but it would make the sell out match day experience a bit crowded under there. The extra 2.1k capacity would need about 10 extra rows which seems unfeasible to me, but who knows?

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I was stood with my family looking through the glass behind the goal before the shutters were closed prior to us taking our Upper Holte seats for the recent game against Forest. There is some space to add a few extra rows that would form a new back of the Lower Holte under the overhang of the front of the Upper Holte. If the extra rows were to be across the whole width of the stand (around 200 to 220 seats per row?), the majority of the catering facilities for the Upper Holte would need to go somewhere else. It’s possible as there is a reasonable amount of room in the Upper Holte concourse but it would make the sell out match day experience a bit crowded under there. The extra 2.1k capacity would need about 10 extra rows which seems unfeasible to me, but who knows?

You upper Holters don't know the meaning of a crowded concourse😂

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You upper Holters don't know the meaning of a crowded concourse😂

I do appreciate the Upper Holte currently has a mahoosive amount of space compared to especially the D.E. and current North Stands. 😆

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

I do appreciate the Upper Holte currently has a mahoosive amount of space compared to especially the D.E. and current North Stands. 😆

I was thinking Lower Holte actually. 😁

40 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Looking at it they can easily add more rows to the front of the upper tier to create a bigger overhang and perhaps rejig the vormitories stairs. 

874664CF-3D54-4215-A9A3-958F7F8E2770.jpeg

EC824A85-7697-473B-B87D-04DD38B90910.jpeg

If they don’t come down on the same angle,  maybe a bit flatter 6-8 rows ?

Â