Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

11 hours ago, KHV said:

Which is still 10 times more than we play 

I agree that results are more important than a style of play, but his results over the last few years have been atrocious. Being managed by Pulis means you play a crap style and still lose, hardly appealing. 

I'd take pulis in a heartbeat. Some villa fans suffer from this football romanticism that west ham fans have as well. Not only must we win, we must do it a certain way. It's a myth that pulis teams play rubbish anyway. I've seen west brom play good stuff at times this season, better than the shite we've served up. To get current, for the "purists" here - we are going to be relegated today!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Rubbish

Absolutely not. Lot of head in the cloud fans here. Moaning about an apparent style that a manager has when this is easily the worst villa team in living memory. Irony ?. They are horrible to watch. If the next manager sets us up well and at least gets us organised I'll be happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Absolutely not. Lot of head in the cloud fans here. Moaning about an apparent style that a manager has when this is easily the worst villa team in living memory. Irony ?. They are horrible to watch. If the next manager sets us up well and at least gets us organised I'll be happy.

No, it's rubbish.

It's a generalisation based on nothing. Our most successful period in years was playing counter attacking football.

Just because we're shite now doesn't mean we're not allowed to moan about Pulis. It doesn't mean Villa fans have this bollocks 'football romanticism'.

Making huge, sweeping generalisations isn't the best thing to do either really.

Also, you can want the bolded and still dislike Pulis and not want him here so not really sure of the relevance.

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

No, it's rubbish.

It's a generalisation based on nothing. Our most successful period in years was playing counter attacking football.

Just because we're shite now doesn't mean we're not allowed to moan about Pulis. It doesn't mean Villa fans have this bollocks 'football romanticism'.

Making huge, sweeping generalisations isn't the best thing to do either really.

Also, you can want the bolded and still dislike Pulis and not want him here so not really sure of the relevance.

And one of our worst periods, being these last 5 years and culminating in this year , is a time where our players, in the main, have been stealing a living. That isn't a lazy or generalised statement. You know that to be true . My reference to pulis was in reply that his style is apparently not easy on the eye, to which replied that i think we have a lot more to fix at this club first which i think he would do. Yes, we played good counter attacking football under Gregory but he clearly had a structure in place, took no bullshit    and they all put a shift  in. A rotten attitude, culture exists at villa. Needs to be fixed before we decide we want to play like Barca !

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too against a manager with a more direct style and I'd probably take Allardyce if he were available, Pulis is basically my one exception. His football is absolutely awful and he sucks the life out of every club he goes to. "Romanticism" has got **** all to do with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

And one of our worst periods, being these last 5 years and culminating in this year , is a time where our players, in the main, have been stealing a living. That isn't a lazy or generalised statement. You know that to be true . My reference to pulis was in reply that his style is apparently not easy on the eye, to which replied that i think we have a lot more to fix at this club first which i think he would do. Yes, we played good counter attacking football under Gregory but he clearly had a structure in place, took no bullshit    and they all put a shift  in. A rotten attitude, culture exists at villa. Needs to be fixed before we decide we want to play like Barca !

That's great.

Not sure what most of it has to do with my comment.

I called you out for this.

59 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I'd take pulis in a heartbeat. Some villa fans suffer from this football romanticism that west ham fans have as well. Not only must we win, we must do it a certain way. 

Which was a nonsense filled generalisation.

And your latest comment has nothing to do with that.

Edited by StefanAVFC

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I said it in the West Brom thread earlier this season, I would rather we go down this season than watch a team 'organised' by Tony Pulis. If that's the game of football, I'll find another sport.

My local is a baggies pub. I watched our capitulation against Leicester in there earlier in the season. After taking the p#ss for a while, every baggies fan i spoke to said they would rather lose 3-2 than watch the current baggies team. They said that whilst they probably wouldn't have lost from 2-0 up, they almost certainly wouldn't have gone 2-0 up in the first place.

Now as i said, results come before style but Pulis is such a crap manager that he doesn't even get many of those. 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

My local is a baggies pub. I watched our capitulation against Leicester in there earlier in the season. After taking the p#ss for a while, every baggies fan i spoke to said they would rather lose 3-2 than watch the current baggies team. They said that whilst they probably wouldn't have lost from 2-0 up, they almost certainly wouldn't have gone 2-0 up in the first place.

Now as i said, results come before style but Pulis is such a crap manager that he doesn't even get many of those. 

West Brom are 11th so Pullis must be doing something right. You may not like his style but he certainly isn't a crap manager.

• Like 4

We need a manager to get us out of this hole.

not one to come in and manage a potentially european qualifying candidate.

despite us being a big club, we have to recognise playing wise.....where we are.

That will determine, what manager we should be recruiting.

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

West Brom are 11th so Pullis must be doing something right. You may not like his style but he certainly isn't a crap manager.

albion needed someone like him....they would win 4-0 one week an lose 4-0 the next there is no future in that, but a section of their fans always demanded attractive football ( at all costs) its fantasy.....nice but tricky to get.

He has come in and stabilised Albion and added a defensive edge ...something that needed doing years ago for them.

good manager imo.

On 7. April 2016 at 21:45, foreveryoung said:

Warburton done well, but has now where near enough experience to manage a club like ours. It would end in tears for him an us.

Warburton is doing exactly at Rangers what needs doing here

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I'd take pulis in a heartbeat. Some villa fans suffer from this football romanticism that west ham fans have as well. Not only must we win, we must do it a certain way. It's a myth that pulis teams play rubbish anyway. I've seen west brom play good stuff at times this season, better than the shite we've served up. To get current, for the "purists" here - we are going to be relegated today!

I think you make a valid point.

i notice with some folk we are discussing the sunroof when the chassis is in need of repair.

too many purist comments and not enough pragmatist offerings.