The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Just now, ml1dch said:

Well, yes. Hence what I posted. 

I don’t understand the point you’re making.

The invasion (which is still ongoing) wasn’t thwarted by Brexit at all. We’ve seen countries like Germany having a very luke warm approach to opposing Putin but it still hasn’t stopped other EU members being fully supportive.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I don’t understand the point you’re making.

The invasion (which is still ongoing) wasn’t thwarted by Brexit at all. We’ve seen countries like Germany having a very luke warm approach to opposing Putin but it still hasn’t stopped other EU members being fully supportive.

He's agreeing with you and giving the example that when we were in the EU France coundn't stop us invading Iraq despite objecting to it.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's agreeing with you and giving the example that when we were in the EU France coundn't stop us invading Iraq despite objecting to it.

The “to be fair” was the confusing bit as it made me think he was suggesting JRM might be talking some sense.

👍

The latest Brexit gift is that the public are going to have to stump up the £10b needed to clean up the mess of raw sewerage in our waters.

Bills could rise after water suppliers in England said they were ready to spend £10bn on tackling sewage spills. 

The privately owned companies have apologised for the amount of contaminated water being discharged into rivers and seas, amid mounting public anger over the practice.

Some campaigners have cautiously welcomed the move, but others say firms are shifting the cost on to billpayers.

The industry paid out £1.4bn to shareholders in 2022.

————

"We should have an apology for the suggestion they are going to put bills up by £10bn for their incompetence and their greed. This is nothing to celebrate."

Companies are sometimes allowed to spill sewage into open water following heavy rainfall to prevent the system becoming overloaded and backing up into people's homes. 

But campaigners have long said these spills are happening too often. In 2022, raw sewage was dumped into rivers and seas for 1.75 million hours - or 825 times a day on average.

I thought we were getting cheaper bills? and there was only upsides?

link

Three big global carmakers have called on the UK government to renegotiate the Brexit deal, saying rules on where parts are sourced from threaten the future of the British automotive industry.

Ford and Jaguar Land Rover have joined Stellantis, which owns the Vauxhall, Peugeot and Citroën brands, to warn the transition to electric vehicles will be knocked off course unless the UK and EU delay stricter “rules of origin”, due to kick in next year, that could add tariffs on car exports. 

Grauniad

lcimg-447b74ff-76d9-4fbe-99da-c8281da227bb.png

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

lcimg-447b74ff-76d9-4fbe-99da-c8281da227bb.png

The brexit hand grenade pin has been pulled again.

God help us all if they let the automotive industry leave for Europe, the economics of it are staggering. For example , JLR produce Range rover at 40 an hour over 3 shifts, 4 days a week, a £100k each. It's has a turnover of £400m a week and that's in one block, they have another 2 blocks in the UK, lower value cars and 1 in Austria. The DM can go and fucX itself 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tinker said:

God help us all if they let the automotive industry leave for Europe, the economics of it are staggering. For example , JLR produce Range rover at 40 an hour over 3 shifts, 4 days a week, a £100k each. It's has a turnover of £400m a week and that's in one block, they have another 2 blocks in the UK, lower value cars and 1 in Austria. The DM can go and fucX itself 

100% agree, however average Range Rovers are well over £100k each these days.

JLR already has production plants in Slovakia, Austria (outsource), China, Brazil as well as Solihull, Castle Brom and Halewood. The flexibility is there to shift production out of the UK if Brexit bites any more than today. 

• Like 1

Anyone still taking any of the Tory Brexit backing papers seriously, given the aftermath, is a bigger dimwit and/or prick than they were when they voted Tory Brexit.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Xann said:

Anyone still taking any of the Tory Brexit backing papers seriously, given the aftermath, is a bigger dimwit and/or prick than they were when they voted Tory Brexit.

There's loads of em, DM and GB news is on the button for masses of the over 70's, everyone I know over that age is on it , like the crack cocaine of news for em.

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

There's loads of em, DM and GB news is on the button for masses of the over 70's, everyone I know over that age is on it , like the crack cocaine of news for em.

345568899_2386434v52121111_658259865331978048_n copy.jpg

26 minutes ago, Xann said:

345568899_2386434v52121111_658259865331978048_n copy.jpg

It's who they vote for that's nailing us and them, their stupid and worse than that stubborn. They have a mindset of the upper class (the tories, royalty) being superior to the working class.

I have given in and back away from any political discussions. It always ends in moronic excuses.......... immigration,  politicians are all the same, the French/Europe hate us i could go on and on its endless .

You can see why they get conned into paying £100k for some new ridge tiles or buying a £50k motorhome for £25k and ending up with sweet FA and then expecting 'This is Money' to write to the bank and get a refund. Rant over. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

They make 40 Range Rovers per hour? But i thought everyone that worked at JLR were SHA fans? Doubt they could make a ham sandwich in an hour 🤣

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

They make 40 Range Rovers per hour? But i thought everyone that worked at JLR were SHA fans? Doubt they could make a ham sandwich in an hour 🤣

SHA ain't got that many fans, maybe it's the canteen staff that are SHA fans.

On 18/05/2023 at 12:51, Xann said:

Wonder if Farage's sugar daddy, Brexit backer Banks, will get a Christmas card with a thankyou message off the Russian ambassador this year?

Don't think he needs one he's just got millions off Cadwalladr in court today. Wait for the go fund me appeal.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/cadwalladr-to-pay-million-pound-damages/

Oh dear. It seems that FBPE’s (Follow Back, Pro EU) favourite journalist is paying the price for her accusations against Arron Banks. The Court of Appeal costs have just come through against Carole Cadwalladr after making claims about Banks’ ties to Russia. And with costs on both sides in the region of £1.6 million, the judge has said that the Observer hack has to pay for 60 per cent of Banks’ costs – as well as 100 per cent of her own. 

6 minutes ago, colhint said:

Don't think he needs one he's just got millions off Cadwalladr in court today. Wait for the go fund me appeal.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/cadwalladr-to-pay-million-pound-damages/

She rather overreached herself there.

Wonder if Yandex-Mogg will go for the Mail?

Screenshot2023-05-18at17_21_32.thumb.png.22d0dc69e269e40206426adad80634f9.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5775673/Moggs-Moscow-Millions-Brexiteers-firm-poured-fortune-Russian-companies.html

Â