The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

One of the selling points of Brexit was that it would allow the UK to be governed by the UK legal system. 

The UK legal system decides that Brexit needs to go through parliament and the papers are up in arms. 

Unlike rain on your wedding day.....that is ironic. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

An MP gets killed by somebody yelling death to traitors 

That didn't actually happen 

i understand the point you want to make  but equally when you comment on a "world devoid of facts " it's probably important to not write something that isn't true 

(death to traitors was the name he gave in court not at the murder )

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

That didn't actually happen 

i understand the point you want to make  but equally when you comment on a "world devoid of facts " it's probably important to not write something that isn't true 

That's right, at the actual attack he was shouting "put Britain first", which is obviously completely different.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

That's right, at the actual attack he was shouting "put Britain first", which is obviously completely different.

It is when the point being made was about a world that's factually devoid  

pedantic ? maybe , but it was the same in another thread whereby Trump was called a rapist ,  now he's a lot of things but as it stands he isn't a rapist 

it should also also be noted that it hasn't been established he shouted "put Britain first" either , witness reports from the time seem to differ on that 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

It doesn't really change the point though does it? Mixing up what he said when he shot her in cold blood and what he said when he was in court for the crime is hardly a big deal.

re: Trump, it was one adjective in a string of others. I probably should have omitted it. But for me or phrased it differently because he had committed sexual assault in the past.

Edited by StefanAVFC

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Reading the Daily Mail or the Sun should be treated the way that reading the Sun is in Liverpool.

It should be a rag that readers feel like they have to hide in a paper bag so that nobody sees them carrying it. If I saw a friend reading that shit, I don't think I'd speak to them again, it's **** shameful.

I still buy the mail every day and the sun most days. I think the mail is a bloody good read. I suppose if you sit on the other side of the fence then your thoughts will differ. What's up with a paper promoting brexit and anti immigration? 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I still buy the mail every day and the sun most days. I think the mail is a bloody good read. I suppose if you sit on the other side of the fence then your thoughts will differ. What's up with a paper promoting brexit and anti immigration? 

Read the posts Ruge.

It's totally unacceptable to label 3 judges, who made objectively correct decision when it comes to British constitution and law, as 'Enemies of the people' with their faces printed on the front page of a newspaper with a readership of millions.

Totally unacceptable.

1) It's a lie. They didn't do anything wrong. They're not blocking Brexit.
2) A lot of people who voted Leave wanted sovereignty. This is sovereignty in action! That one person cannot make such a huge decision and it has to go through the elected parliament.
3) It's stirring the pot and inciting hatred in a very unstable and divided climate.

There's "nothing" wrong with a newspaper taking a side and a viewpoint. But when it's blatantly lying and misleading its readership with outright dangerous front pages, then we have a huge problem. It's akin to propaganda.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Yeah I read the article about the judges. And yes I'd agree it wrong to demonise anyone for doing the right thing. There is also a lot of truth in what gets printed in the mail. All papers like to stir the pot for their own benefits. I only buy it for the horse racing tips anyway ;)

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

All papers like to stir the pot for their own benefits. 

There's a difference between stirring the post for your own benefit and stirring the pot to potentially incite hatred and violence.

The Heil is a shitstained rag with a sordid and sobering history, run by a deeply unpleasant individual, that hides a sub tabloid rhetoric behind a veneer of respectability. It regularly comes within a hairs breadth of stoking very disturbing mindsets in its readership.

It's a despicable piece of shit. At least the Sun doesn't pretend to be anything other than the mouthpiece of the average word removed.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The Heil is a shitstained rag with a sordid and sobering history, run by a deeply unpleasant individual, that hides a sub tabloid rhetoric behind a veneer of respectability. It regularly comes within a hairs breadth of stoking very disturbing mindsets in its readership.

It's a despicable piece of shit. At least the Sun doesn't pretend to be anything other than the mouthpiece of the average word removed.

Word removed because of what? A different view point to you? 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Word removed because of what? A different view point to you? 

Out of all that post, you chose to focus on a bit that wasn't even to do with the Mail?

Ruge, you ask a question then totally ignore the answer.

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's totally unacceptable to label 3 judges, who made objectively correct decision when it comes to British constitution and law, as 'Enemies of the people' with their faces printed on the front page of a newspaper with a readership of millions.

Totally agree fwiw

Â