Villans Abroad and The Championship

villan_007

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Optus have made a right mess of this.

You can only watch the Premier League is you're an Optus customer. If not then no Premier League.

You have to lock into a two yr contract.

Australia again proves when it comes to big events, they're years behind.

7 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Looks like Optus have made a right mess of this.

You can only watch the Premier League is you're an Optus customer. If not then no Premier League.

You have to lock into a two yr contract.

Australia again proves when it comes to big events, they're years behind.

Are you sure mate? I must admit I havn't researched it thouroughly yet but from what I could gather you just have to have fetch TV which you can get through multiple ISP's. Optus customers get it for free, if you are with someone else you have to pay extra. 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Are you sure mate? I must admit I havn't researched it thouroughly yet but from what I could gather you just have to have fetch TV which you can get through multiple ISP's. Optus customers get it for free, if you are with someone else you have to pay extra. 

Yep they've released a statement. You have to be an Optus customer, with a mobile or broadband plan.

You can't just have fetch either. You have to have fetch and be an Optus customer.

So you have to change over to them, it's a minimum of $85 a month, and depending on your plan you may not be able to watch it on TV, just your tablet.

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

ffs you're right. Optus seem actually worse than foxtel.... oh well guess I'll just have to keep watching all my sport the same way I have for the last few years :ph34r:

• Like 1

Foxtel is including Bein sports starting from 15th May and Bein has the championship, so we are ok for 1 year at least.

The way this club has been run, we might be ok for a long while because Bein has league 1 and 2 as well.

• Like 2

On 19. Februar 2016 at 18:15, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, you'll be able to follow some matches. I'm sure Chewie, the guy who does the stream list every game currently, and who lives in the Philippines I believe, will still be making them next season. Obviously the options will be significantly reduced. 

Chewie is indeed God

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

For anyone living down under - the Wednesday game is live on Bein Sports from 11:25pm (Perth Time).

As is the Round 1 Cup clash against Luton at 4:45am AEST. :D

Edited by Hornso

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Oh look as many games you can watch as when we were in the prem....who'd have thought it? ;)

Would imagine Derby game will also be on that as Sky showing it.

I wish - the glory days of viewing have gone for now :(

Just now, villan_007 said:

I wish - the glory days of viewing have gone for now :(

Really what part of the world you in....already for Villains living abroad you can watch us live on tv 5 times by end of September (Sheff Weds, Luton, Derby, Forest and Newcastle).

That's more than enough surely, I have no interest in watching us slog through every one of the 46 games tbh. I look at midweek games like Barnsley away like every round carling cup ties, happy to follow it on radio or on the match thread with 3 minute highlights suiting me.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Really what part of the world you in....already for Villains living abroad you can watch us live on tv 5 times by end of September (Sheff Weds, Luton, Derby, Forest and Newcastle).

That's more than enough surely, I have no interest in watching us slog through every one of the 46 games tbh. I look at midweek games like Barnsley away like every round carling cup ties, happy to follow it on radio or on the match thread with 3 minute highlights suiting me.

Perth Western Australia - this will be the first time the Championship has had this much coverage. Before that though we got every single Villa game every week.

Easy to say it's enough when you don't rely on it i guess. I loved having it every week.

For a former season ticket holder who misses his fix - this was golden. I guess now it'll be every other week or so.

Might have to start chatting to the wife!

Edited by villan_007
adding

Maybe it's because I live in Brum...but I have no interest in watching every single minute of our season.

Games v Palace away, Blackpool home in last few seasons, I couldn't tell you a single thing in those games apart from Benteke scored the winners with really good goals.

Even if we have a really good season, they'll still be plenty of poor games and a few dismal defeats.

Probably what the last 5 seasons have done to me. And I'm getting older!

Looking forward to follow a new league. Didn't watch much else than Villa in the PL the last seasons. If possible I am going to see Fulham-Newcastle tomorrow as its on TV. Think we will be able to see most of our games over here. 

Â