Villans Abroad and The Championship

villan_007

As I said  earlier, my friend that is a Millwall supporter watches their games every week BECAUSE the club video it and supporters/fans can subscribe to it.You would think a big club like Villa could do that wouldent you ?

Then again, looking at what the board and the owner have done to us so far, maybe not. 

43 minutes ago, mwj said:

It would be an illegal broadcast

The way this club has been run should be illegal, so two wrongs make a right and all that

Lets hope they do something like that pussekatt, although im not getting my hopes up

Edited by tomaspg

So ex pat fans....surely today is a good opportunity to acclimatize to next season?

I'll be watching Arsenal-Spurs in the pub and as soon as it hits 2.40pm I'll be off as I have no interest whatsoever in watching us lost 4/5-0 at City.

Please don't tell me some will be staying up until 3/4am to watch this, you lot are bonkers!

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

So ex pat fans....surely today is a good opportunity to acclimatize to next season?

I'll be watching Arsenal-Spurs in the pub and as soon as it hits 2.40pm I'll be off as I have no interest whatsoever in watching us lost 4/5-0 at City.

Please don't tell me some will be staying up until 3/4am to watch this, you lot are bonkers!

UAE is thankfully only 4 hours ahead but that's going to make midweek games in the Championship difficult to commit to.

I do think relegation is going to hit our overseas following quite hard.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1 March 2016 at 12:47, PussEKatt said:

As I said  earlier, my friend that is a Millwall supporter watches their games every week BECAUSE the club video it and supporters/fans can subscribe to it.You would think a big club like Villa could do that wouldent you ?

Then again, looking at what the board and the owner have done to us so far, maybe not. 

that's interesting, how do they get the rights? I assume it's all above board. A club our size would have enough people willing to pay for them to break even on such a service you'd have thought. Could all be outsourced to a competent team (although Avtv are a million times better than they used to be!)

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just watching a stream of Wigan-Rochdale (yes I know I need to go to a Doctor but this is important for Walsall folks).

They're out there if you look hard enough.

interesting, what site was this on? Link please :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

interesting, what site was this on? Link please :)

Am I allowed to do that or will I be getting another PM from Limpid?

Type into google VIP and then maybe Box afterwards and see what comes up....:)

Wigan-Dale was screened as it's the featured match on the Channel 5 highlights tonight. Trust me any time we're the featured game on Sky or football league highlights show they'll be a stream somewhere to watch us.

• Like 1

That would be delayed screening surely just like prem clubs do for games from 5pm.

Sky own the rights so you couldn't show the games through your own channels.

Sky only own the rights within the UK.

In other countries it's owned by companies like Bein (aka al jazeera) and Fox Sports.

If Villa were to buy the rights to screen over the interweb, they would need the ok from (or to compensate) all of those rights holders. It's a legal minefield and considering the club can't even get the football right at the moment I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for avtv streaming.

Better off with a streaming subscription from a rights holder

5 hours ago, villan_007 said:

But you've never had to watch Villa in the championship. Do you still think you'll be able to next season?

I can watch league 1 and sometimes league 2 games

• Like 1

Sky showed more Championship games last season than ever before. It's richer than many European premier leagues and the TV demand will only increase. If us and NUFC are both down this year, I imagine they'll up the live games to accomodate two big ex-premier league clubs with huge fan bases. We won't get every game on the dodgy streams, but I can easily see us getting 1 or 2 a month. Unless we are sh*t. Oh.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Aston Villa have an official utube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYRArKryksXxf__E1D4gpQ

At the moment it only has player and supporters interviews but hopefully next season we can see the matches ? we can only hope.

AVTV has ~15 min extended highlights of each game for about £30 a season.

If you're in oz I would suggest a BeIN sports streaming package. You'll get at least 1 or 2 Championship games a week and the weekly highlights show. That's what I'm looking at for next season

Â