Villans Abroad and The Championship

villan_007

I bet it's been the half time break for most of our games this year.

The Liverpool game was only 8 mins and most of that was running through the lineups :)

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I bet it's been the half time break for most of our games this year.

As much as I query the practicalities of actually covering the games live due to tv contracts....there will certainly be a market and demand for this so the club need to be switched on.

If we're not on Sky, then at best we'll get a 5 minute highlights on the Five highlights show. If not it will just be the goals shown and little else. For midweek games it will be back to the retro days of just the goals shown quickly on the news.

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I'm with Optus on mobile, so i'm very curious as to what form the Premier League will take. Surely the deal with revolve around pubs and venues, but there has to be a way to get it into your lounge room.

Here you go mate....

- Australia's first-ever 24/7 football channel dedicated exclusively to the English Premier League, and aired on Optus TV with Fetch

- Access all of Optus Premier League live and on-demand on your TV via Optus TV with Fetch

- We will launch a new Optus Premier League app for mobile and tablet devices, giving you access to Optus' 24/7 Premier League channel and on-demand streaming of matches

- You will be able to watch your favourite games via an all-new, dedicated Optus Premier League website

- And for every round, one Premier League match will be broadcasted live on SBS

- If you love kicking back with mates and watching the game at your local, we've got good news for you - we will have a solution tailored for pubs, clubs and other venues. Be sure to let your local know that they can register their interest on this page today!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan_007 said:

Here you go mate....

- Australia's first-ever 24/7 football channel dedicated exclusively to the English Premier League, and aired on Optus TV with Fetch

- Access all of Optus Premier League live and on-demand on your TV via Optus TV with Fetch

- We will launch a new Optus Premier League app for mobile and tablet devices, giving you access to Optus' 24/7 Premier League channel and on-demand streaming of matches

- You will be able to watch your favourite games via an all-new, dedicated Optus Premier League website

- And for every round, one Premier League match will be broadcasted live on SBS

- If you love kicking back with mates and watching the game at your local, we've got good news for you - we will have a solution tailored for pubs, clubs and other venues. Be sure to let your local know that they can register their interest on this page today!

It will be interesting to see what a Fetch TV subscription tailored to the Premier League sets you back.

I couldn't ever justify the $60 a month to watch the Villa on Foxtel when I could find streams for free, but if there is a Premier League specific package for a reasonable cost, i'll definitely sign up.

7 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It will be interesting to see what a Fetch TV subscription tailored to the Premier League sets you back.

I couldn't ever justify the $60 a month to watch the Villa on Foxtel when I could find streams for free, but if there is a Premier League specific package for a reasonable cost, i'll definitely sign up.

Fetch is only $15 a month - then you can add channels to it. So it's well priced.

You being a Optus subscriber you'll probably get the Prem online for no extra cost or a small fee.

It really is the worst time for us to get relegated. Shocking

It's a shame Foxtel aren't a little more switched on. They've lost the premier league for 3 seasons to Optus. Would have been a good move to get the Championship in some form.

As noted a few posts back, foxtel are offering Bein Sports for free with its sports package as of next month. Bein shows weekly games and highlights show for Championship and League 1.

Premier League going to Optus is fine by me as my interest in the Premier League will be almost non existent next season.

1 minute ago, Ponky said:

As noted a few posts back, foxtel are offering Bein Sports for free with its sports package as of next month. Bein shows weekly games and highlights show for Championship and League 1.

Premier League going to Optus is fine by me as my interest in the Premier League will be almost non existent next season.

Yeah that is a bonus - I guess I was getting at foxtel offering the same service for the Champ as they have been for prem, like the red button showing every game.

Yes that would be the ideal, but I think they are actually limited by what games are actually broadcast in the country of origin.

Although - they do have cameras at every ground as evidenced by the highlights packages they show. Setting them up as streams or something wouldn't be too hard.

With three of the biggest clubs in English football more than likely going down this season, we may just find that the output of games shown might increase.

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

My housemate is a Leeds supporter, and we already have Foxtel, so this could end up working out very well for me :)

Same story for me.

My lad is a Newcastle United supporter (his bloody cow of a Collingwood supporting mother infected him with black & white stripe obsession).

Same story for me.

My lad is a Newcastle United supporter (his bloody cow of a Collingwood supporting mother infected him with black & white stripe obsession).

Rough.

I recently separated from my Crows supporting wife and I think I'll avoid that issue in the future. No kids supporting the enemy thankfully :)

Thats great.Bein sports added to the sports package will do me till we get out of the championship anyway.

@villan_007  I am with iinet and I think they are linked with Optus somehow.Will I be able to get the Premier League through iinet ?

4 hours ago, Ponky said:

On 01/04/2016 at 11:52, Jareth said:
On 01/04/2016 at 11:52, Jareth said:
4 hours ago, Ponky said:

As a Carlton supporter I can sympathise, but can hardly make a case for him to come over to the light at this point

200w_d.gif

14 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Thats great.Bein sports added to the sports package will do me till we get out of the championship anyway.

@villan_007  I am with iinet and I think they are linked with Optus somehow.Will I be able to get the Premier League through iinet ?

At this moment it's very much watch this space. I'd say there is a chance. iInet has fetch TV options, so there's potential to have an extra package to buy.

It depends how Optus want to play ball. Foxtel are trying to get a partnership deal, I imagine many others are.

It's a game changer that's for sure. There's one game every week on sbs, so I'd say Optus may open up other avenues.

Thanks for that.

The game on SBS will be a total waste.They will only show ManUre,Man $ity, Arsenal and Chelski.There will be games with the potential to be really good like West Ham Vs Everton or Saints Vs Palace but we will get Chelski Vs Norwich instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine games we will definite get on TV will be blues, Leeds, Newcastle, Sunderland(if they drop) Wolves, Burton or Walsall(if either go up), Derby and Wednesday

my personal favourite will be Sky plugging Villa vs Forest as 2 Champions of Europe clashing (interestingly I imagine it will be 1st lower league clash between 2 European Cup winners since they won it)

Â