Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

It was a shame about the paused action, but the new protest idea and group name looks good.

Hopefully you can get back on track and gather momentum again, and I think if we're relegated by the final home game or two, the support behind this will be phenomenal. 

Question though: if there's no further movement from Lerner/the club in making the changes you're asking, how do you see this going into next season - will it continue and do you see there being much appetite for it?

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

17 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Hopefully WE can get back on track and gather momentum again....

Bring a banner (if you can) and we will get back on track, I'm making mine tonight - bit of arts and crafts with the kids !!

Alternatively post a protest banner pic, every little helps!!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Question though: if there's no further movement from Lerner/the club in making the changes you're asking, how do you see this going into next season - will it continue and do you see there being much appetite for it?

A bloody good question, cheers!

It's not something we've discussed in depth, but the intention is yes of course we will continue into next season if necessary. How that will take shape is unclear, but I *imagine* that the call for action inside the ground will be greatly reduced due to many obvious factors. Who really knows though, I think we're going to have to play it by ear a lot of the time. For example #BANNERSOUTON74 came about due to Sunday's events. 

• Like 1

DDID, if fans did want to post pictures of their banners is there somewhere you would recommend we post them?  Here, on the facebook page ?  Or, would you prefer us not to do that?

Edited by Gary Thomas

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

DDID, if fans did want to post pictures of their banners is there somewhere you would recommend we post them?  Here, on the facebook page ?

Absolutely everywhere! Twitter is great too. Use the hashtag #BannersOutOn74 and you will get an RT (unless obscene, like swears or a picture of your knob).

We are going to provide more information in the coming days but have away. I don't think there is such a bad thing as too much exposure at this time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's a very simple, clean, self explanatory logo/badge for a protest movement created by and for supporters of Aston Villa football club. 

http://outthedooron74.co.uk/press-releases

I do apolgise, my browser was not displaying the image.

I can see now how it may have been interpreted as an insult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

We'll have to play it by ear. There is around a 14 week break between the last game this season and the first game of next season so a lot can hopefully happen in that time.

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily that of the group but I think it is highly unlikely that Lerner will sell any time soon. I don't think he will want to sell us a Championship club as he would have to let us go for way less than he could achieve as a Premier league club. I also think the amount of changes to the board with Hollis/Little/Bernstein/King having come in, with potentially more to come, doesn't seem the actions of a club about to be sold any time soon. I'd imagine Lerner will be here for next season at least.

Again my personal opinion is that, as seems likely Lerner remains, then it will depend what happens over the summer as to whether there is an appetite for protests at the start of next season. You'd like to think we will all look at the club and think yes there is a decent chance we can be promoted here and if that is the case I certainly wouldn't want to negatively impact our chances of a decent start to the season, and hopefully a spring board to promotion, by encouraging supporters to protest during games regardless of who the owner is.

Edit: just seen Dave's reply and agree with him as well.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

T-shirts, a bed sheet, A4/A3, heck even A5 if you are worried about bringing anything bigger. If you want to write 'FOR SALE' on it, write 'FOR SALE' on it. If you want to hold up a 'Scuba Steve' banner I'm sure that's fine too. 

Just go for it, you tell them what is on your mind. As long as it's not got swears or willies/boobies on it chances are it falls within club regulations. There will be thousands standing firm with you. 

44 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

T-shirts, a bed sheet, A4/A3, heck even A5 if you are worried about bringing anything bigger. If you want to write 'FOR SALE' on it, write 'FOR SALE' on it. If you want to hold up a 'Scuba Steve' banner I'm sure that's fine too. 

Just go for it, you tell them what is on your mind. As long as it's not got swears or willies/boobies on it chances are it falls within club regulations. There will be thousands standing firm with you. 

This maybe a silly question.... But is there a chance of getting thrown out? Me and my 12 year old want to bring a banner(yes I have talked him into it lol) but we were at the Tottenham game and I'm pretty sure three guys got thrown out in the lower north for having one? Don't want that to happen if I'm with the little one. 

Im uppernorthstand front row so will drape it over on74! 

11 hours ago, Uppernorthstander said:

This maybe a silly question.... But is there a chance of getting thrown out? Me and my 12 year old want to bring a banner(yes I have talked him into it lol) but we were at the Tottenham game and I'm pretty sure three guys got thrown out in the lower north for having one? Don't want that to happen if I'm with the little one. 

Will also have my 12 year old with me.  Reading the policy I think we'll be OK as long as the banner is not offensive (e.g. "We want our Villa back', 'SOS' or 'For sale' or something like that) and not so big so as to obscure other peoples' view.  Worse case scenario is they ask you to put the banner away or take it off you.  I am counting on loads of fans bringing banners and signs to be honest. I imagine if there are banners all over the place the stewards will not try and remove them all. I just had a look on the 'Heroes and Villains' thread, 'Banners for the Chelsea Game' and there are a lot of supporters suggesting ideas for banners.  I think the idea is really catching and there are going to be a lot of people taking part.

Edit.  Just noticed this at the Tottenham game.  Can clearly see a young lad and (I presume) his dad with a banner that I think reads."Play for the name on the front of the shirt we’ll remember the name on the back".  Don't think they had any problems.  That is the kind of size I had in mind, maybe a bit bigger :)

Banner.gif

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Â