Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just read the OP....the Everton game isn't on Sky is it? I just thought it was part of a midweek round.

That's the thing for me, midweek.

Dunno what it is about these games but they always seem to have less people and less coverage.

Take the Palace game, I've just remembered now there was supposed to be a protest after the match yet have not read a single article on it, did it actually happen.

Believe me with what's happening to us I completely back any sort of protest against the board but can't help feeling it will get sweep under the carpet.

A nice Saturday 3pm however, final score and Jeff Stelling would cover it, MOTD would cover it so no problem getting the message across.

I was going to say the Spurs home game would be more logical as that is a Saturday 3pm but then realised that will be moved to a midweek if Spurs beat Palace.

So maybe hold fire and do it v Chelsea. 

I just think this sort of protest should attempt to get the maximum exposure and I'm not sure midweek games which usually have a more low key feeling to them would achieve that.

Chris

at the time of the op I thought it was on tv. Then looked for a later TV game but couldn't find one. However the ball was rolling by then and we had said Everton. Quite honestly i think we should do it at more than one game,so we can do v Chelsea as well

• Like 3

Hopefully we will be winning on 74 mins against Everton. It will send out a much more powerful message if people can see thousands leaving despite the team leading. It will show people are fed up with the people in charge and not the team or the club they support

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

There has been some debate about which game so proposal is to also to later walk out v Chelsea. In for a penny!

Mike this isn't all a stitch up is it mate and you are going to get us all to piss off on 74 mins, you stay, and the traffic will have died down by the time you leave on full time.

• Like 1

Great job Mike. I am in.  Might be good to agree on a chant to sing before we walk and encourage 'everyone' in VP to sing it from about 64mins.  If all the stands sing it will create a lot of   noise before we go on 74.  Could create more impact as the ground turns silent.  Just a thought.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Mike this isn't all a stitch up is it mate and you are going to get us all to piss off on 74 mins, you stay, and the traffic will have died down by the time you leave on full time.

Haha Mark - no I will nearly be on the M6 south by the time the final whistle goes. Never walked out early in my life and think it so bad to have reached this point

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Chris

at the time of the op I thought it was on tv. Then looked for a later TV game but couldn't find one. However the ball was rolling by then and we had said Everton. Quite honestly i think we should do it at more than one game,so we can do v Chelsea as well

O.K to be fair after Everton I probably won't do another home game until Newcastle so that fits nicely the WoodyTom criteria of not turning up to games.

I' imagine the Newcastle game will be ripe for protest aswell. That will be our last Premier League home game for probably quite a few years so would imagine the unique circumstances will see 40k turn up and passions will be running high so imagine you could arrange something for that day aswell.

Only negative will be it letting Newcastle off the hook and giving them an easy 3 points.

As it stands I'm going to the Everton game so will certainly participate in this.

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

What shall I go for as a page name?

also the fb url, will it be outthedooron74!?

so Facebook.com/outthedooron74 I'm using an old account of mine which is now defunct so just need to change the name.

That or OTDO74 Make the most sense.

6 minutes ago, DK82 said:

What shall I go for as a page name?

also the fb url, will it be outthedooron74!?

so Facebook.com/outthedooron74 I'm using an old account of mine which is now defunct so just need to change the name.

I don't know what does everyone think

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That or OTDO74 Make the most sense.

I've gone for Out the door on 74 - just putting the bits on now. Need to ad admins, can people involved PM me the email address they use for Facebook

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don't use Facebook mate but whatever you need graphics wise just PM me.

I only use facebook as I manage pages for some businesses and a few charities... otherwise I'd be happy away from it. Creeps me out... that and it's full of obsessive stalker-like people.

Cheers on graphics :)

www.facebook.com/outthedooron74 

(We also have www.facebook/com/OTDO74 so nobody can hijack that)

• Like 1

Â