Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

I have posted about this on the holte enders in the sky facebook page and messaged those behind it and asked that they publicise and back it. They have over 5000 followers. I have linked to your interview on WM if that is ok Mike. I really think we need a facebook page to really get this out on facebook which I would happily do but where social media is concerned I am not the most clued up. Could someone from here produce one?

Edited by markavfc40

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have posted about this planned mass walkout on the holte enders in the sky facebook page and messaged those behind it and asked that they publicise and back it. They have over 5000 followers. I have linked to your interview on WM if that is ok Mike. I really think we need a facebook page to really get this out on facebook which I would happily do but where social media is concerned I am not the most clued up. Could someone from here produce one?

I can set up a FB page if needed. 

• Like 2

What happens if we beat Stoke and am still in the game on 74 minutes against everton, either drawing going for the win or trying to hang on to a lead. As well intentioned and worthwhile this may all be.

20 minutes ago, DK82 said:

If your happy to do this mate then I'd say get onto it asap, link it on here and we can all start to spread it around facebook. Sexbelowsound is happy to help on the design side so maybe you guys could team up.

What happens if we beat Stoke and am still in the game on 74 minutes against everton, either drawing going for the win or trying to hang on to a lead. As well intentioned and worthwhile this may all be.

This is against the regime. It still needs to be done what ever the result. The club looks like right muppets in the eyes of the media as it is!

So we beat Stoke and find ourselves 2-1 vs Everton. Do we suddenly go " oh everything is ok now lets call off the protest "?! No we stick to our guns and show the club clowns we are not happy! They probably wont care but it shows the world we are fed up how the club is been run!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If your happy to do this mate then I'd say get onto it asap, link it on here and we can all start to spread it around facebook. Sexbelowsound is happy to help on the design side so maybe you guys could team up.

I'm more than happy to do that but I think we need someone to lead on it all before we all end up getting all excited and the whole message becomes disjointed.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

I'm more than happy to do that but I think we need someone to lead on it all before we all end up getting all excited and the whole message becomes disjointed.

I agree mate. I know Mike said he wasn't too sure how to get the facebook thing up and running so maybe as this whole thing is Mikes idea if he gives the ok you and DK82 could get onto it as no one else as far as I know as come forward. There are only 10 days before the game so I think it would be good to have a facebook page to help get the word out as soon as possible.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree mate. I know Mike said he wasn't too sure how to get the facebook thing up and running so maybe as this whole thing is Mikes idea if he gives the ok you and DK82 could get onto it as no one else as far as I know as come forward. There are only 10 days before the game so I think it would be good to have a facebook page to help get the word out as soon as possible.

Agree completely. Like I said, I've done the banners and sent them to Mike. If he is OK with them and @DK82 is Ok with setting up the Facebook page then it could easily be done by this evening.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, DK82 said:

That would be great if you could mate. Let me know what you need. Would be great if you could share when created and if everyone could promote.

Sexbelowsound has created some great banners but I don't how to insert them.

Just read the OP....the Everton game isn't on Sky is it? I just thought it was part of a midweek round.

That's the thing for me, midweek.

Dunno what it is about these games but they always seem to have less people and less coverage.

Take the Palace game, I've just remembered now there was supposed to be a protest after the match yet have not read a single article on it, did it actually happen.

Believe me with what's happening to us I completely back any sort of protest against the board but can't help feeling it will get sweep under the carpet.

A nice Saturday 3pm however, final score and Jeff Stelling would cover it, MOTD would cover it so no problem getting the message across.

I was going to say the Spurs home game would be more logical as that is a Saturday 3pm but then realised that will be moved to a midweek if Spurs beat Palace.

So maybe hold fire and do it v Chelsea. 

I just think this sort of protest should attempt to get the maximum exposure and I'm not sure midweek games which usually have a more low key feeling to them would achieve that.

Â