Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I think the Arsenal win on opening day is proof of that, I had such high hopes :/

I was thinking about that just yesterday. Luna scoring on debut.... must be terrible to peak in your first game.

22 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I was thinking about that just yesterday. Luna scoring on debut.... must be terrible to peak in your first game.

I liked him at times. Then I remember sitting behind the Holte end goals for a cup game and I saw him fall over trying to scratch his leg.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I liked him at times. Then I remember sitting behind the Holte end goals for a cup game and I saw him fall over trying to scratch his leg.

Not as bad as Joe Bennett. I remember one game he kept brushing his hair back when it was pissing it down with rain and was first to leg it down the tunnel at half and full time.

34 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Far better than to have never peaked! ;)

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Not as bad as Joe Bennett. I remember one game he kept brushing his hair back when it was pissing it down with rain and was first to leg it down the tunnel at half and full time.

I think Bennett would be better used as a LW, much better attacking than defending. But as a lad with a 'trendy' hair cut I can say it does piss you off when it's raining when you're playing. I've no time for that running down the tunnel bullshit though ;)

• Like 2

Just now, 7392craig said:

I think Bennett would be better used as a LW, much better attacking than defending. But as a lad with a 'trendy' hair cut I can say it does piss you off when it's raining when you're playing. I've no time for that running down the tunnel bullshit though ;)

What trendy haircut have you got Craig :)

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We need to get a **** move on and sign some quality players.

I think the next week will see more activity. Clubs won't let their players go unless they know they can replace them themselves. They also won't want to be left with cash at the end of the window but no opportunity to spend it.

Safe to say there's not been much movement in the market yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

What trendy haircut have you got Craig :)

You know, all spiky and shaved on the sides and back and hair glue everywhere. I know I sound like a bit of a tit but I look good on the pitch ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think the next week will see more activity. Clubs won't let their players go unless they know they can replace them themselves. They also won't want to be left with cash at the end of the window but no opportunity to spend it.

Safe to say there's not been much movement in the market yet.

I think I've been waiting on a bit of a marquee signing. But in hindsight a lot of these are last week signings for clubs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

I think I've been waiting on a bit of a marquee signing. But in hindsight a lot of these are last week signings for clubs.

I've not ruled one out...well marquee in terms of the Championship. I wouldn't be surprised to see an experienced midfielder, Ravel Morrison and someone like Kodjia come in over the next week and a half. 

Actually, the experienced CM would probably be an end of window move, but convincing someone like a Barry, Adam or Jedinak they would have plenty of game time would be money well spent and truly great for us. Especially with Elphick in the team just behind him.