Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

same as all footballers he'll go where the money is

if thats us then he'll come, if we offer him a starting role and an easy year in the championship then he'll enjoy himself

the only doubt would be that seeing as he was a free to liverpool he's probably on a decet wage already

We were always going to be linked with Bamford: fringe player, loaned a lot, up and coming and now add in Chelsea youth player so De Matteo will deffo want him....

...just lazy links. 

I hope we don't just settle this season, we sign players with good attitudes who really help build the squad. If they are free then great, if they cost £12m then so be it. 

Go on RDM go get em! 

Meh at signing Villa fans #collymore #lescott #gabby #grealish

Although that bloke has a good scoring record 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Wonder if Roberto would target Kemar Roofe? as he was in the Youth Team when Roberto was Managing at Albion so will know all about him! best player in League 2 this season.

We've watched him but I'm led to believe all interest has cooled (from all teams not just us) we have definitely asked to be kept informed about O'Dowda though can't confirm if we have firmed up our interest 

Just now, thabucks said:

We've watched him but I'm led to believe all interest has cooled (from all teams not just us) we have definitely asked to be kept informed about O'Dowda though can't confirm if we have firmed up our interest 

Is O'Dowda any good for a youngster? What's your verdict on him Thabucks?

4 minutes ago, midian said:

I still think we should go for Will Grigg nothing to do with his song but look s a goalscorer and hes a Villa fan

Wigan would want least £6mil+ Should have grabbed him on a bosman when we was heavily linked with him when he was leaving Walsall to be fair.

I do rate Grigg but for the money they would want better options around.

O'Dowda had as a lot of potential and the raw attributes to become a good player. Wouldn't like to say for certain though. He would (obviously) jump at the chance of joining us ( his words) I'm not high enough up the food chain though to get anything more concrete about him being close to joining us, especially being the summer. Worth a punt for sure ! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Never heard of that Odowda fella before.. but looking at that video...I know .. quality of the league and defending etc... but he does have a wicked cross on him. Not sure how consistent he is with it but gee he would link up with Gestede well.

Nifty little player isn't he.. Still question marks over the quality of the opposition but some of the things he was doing like the crosses and making space are pretty universal skills, so provided he finds it as easy in the Championship to run past players as he did in League Two then he'd be a quality signing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Nifty little player isn't he.. Still question marks over the quality of the opposition but some of the things he was doing like the crosses and making space are pretty universal skills, so provided he finds it as easy in the Championship to run past players as he did in League Two then he'd be a quality signing.

Exactly. His style sort of reminded me of a young Stewart Downing.

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Is he any good haven't seen him play

didnt see the game but he got a lot of rave reviews from media and social media and he seemed to want to make things happen and take on players. been a while since had a wideman like that, probably Young was last one