Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

I am so despondent these days I don't bother to listen to the commentary or a stream. I checked the score twice during the game once when it was 2-0 and then again when it was 4-0. Trying to free up disc space on my Macbook proved far more interesting this afternoon:( The only surprise when I saw it had stayed at 4-0 was that it had.

I'm certainly not writing off Garde but perhaps the enormity of his task has now hit home. To me the problem is all about confidence and we have absolutely none.

• Like 1

Today was a front foot team playing a back foot game and that made no sense to me. Most of our midfield today were talented on the ball but lightweight off it ..... they were not strong enough ..... men against boys, etc.

We really could do with bolstering the squad with tougher players for these sort of games. We really need to have options like Baker, Gardner, even Cissokho for when we need to roll the sleeves up.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

I've got two points to make:

1. I only really get despondent when we lose games I think we have a chance of winning (or not losing). This wasn't one of them. Disappointing for sure, but not unexpected.

2. A loss hurts a lot less when I don't sit through the game and watch it. Went out for a (freeeeezing cold) cycle around Richmond Park instead. 

I agree except its the manner in which we lost. As I said in my post above I did not bother to tune in but seemingly it was yet another spineless capitulation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

This doesn't reflect on Garde at all, Everton are a decent side and were in the groove today, could've troubled anyone. He can't polish a turd in 3 weeks.

This performance will help Garde in many ways, and with January approaching, hopefully Lerner and his management will realise exactly what is required: spend, spend, spend. If Lerner wants £150m plus for his Premier League club, he needs to spend a £100m, because at the moment we are a £40m Championship side at best.

The problem is who will come? We will likely still be bottom by January. No decent PL players high on confidence will switch, nor will the better championship players. I mean even Austin has reportedly said he won't come to a struggling pl side - so basically we d need to try and grab a couple of the best players from a mid table championship team - which won't cut it. I'd be getting vlaar back tbh and trying lescott at lb or seeing if Hutton could do a job there and sticking Richards at right. But that is the only realistically achievable purchase that I think could improve us at this stage :-(

3 minutes ago, andym said:

yeah that 3rd goal was shambolic

and the second was embarrassing as well, lukaku was on the floor and still managed to get up and get himself a free header 6 yards out

Yep Clark just stood and watched him. Richards got up at the same time as Lukaku but went to try and block the cross even though we already had someone there

6 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Just watching MOTD. 2 things stand out:

1) defending for the 3rd goal was worse than on a Sunday morning when everyone's still half cut from the night before

2) It sounded like our fans were singing "going down my Lord"

no that was the Everton fans

3 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

no that was the Everton fans

Everton fans singing, behave lol.

Seriously, they just pipped Aresenal today for being the most boring fans int he world.  Jesus, if we were 4 nil up we'd be doing the conga.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Everton fans singing, behave lol.

Seriously, they just pipped Aresenal today for being the most boring fans int he world.  Jesus, if we were 4 nil up we'd be doing the conga.

Tbf they expect to be thrashing shite teams like Villa. So when 4-0 up against us I'm not suprised at a lack of atmosphere. Plenty of our fans are boring as **** aswell. Singing is this a library in the first 2 minutes of the game is just cringe worthy.

16 minutes ago, Shaw_nuff said:

The day I see this team 4 up it'd be time to put the crack pipe away.

When were we last 4-0 up? They were all probably scored by Pongo Waring.