The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

This quote from Remi I have just read says to me that he's fed up with life at VP already:

‘It was also a financial problem, yes. But it is not my job to explain that to you again. Probably the club realised mistakes has been made in the past, probably they didn’t want to do it again.

‘As a new manager I would have expected new faces to support my change. Not only for me but the club, team, squad to be strengthen very good decision. We missed these two targets. It’s unfortunate.’

Garde added: ‘It took me a few weeks to have an assessment and I made a recommendation to the board to try to sign players to the team, we need that. ‘Some games we are close to compete, then we need a little bit of quality. I cannot do more. I tried to sign them, I worked on very hard, but for different reasons we couldn’t.’ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, London Villa said:

This quote from Remi I have just read says to me that he's fed up with life at VP already:

‘It was also a financial problem, yes. But it is not my job to explain that to you again. Probably the club realised mistakes has been made in the past, probably they didn’t want to do it again.

‘As a new manager I would have expected new faces to support my change. Not only for me but the club, team, squad to be strengthen very good decision. We missed these two targets. It’s unfortunate.’

Garde added: ‘It took me a few weeks to have an assessment and I made a recommendation to the board to try to sign players to the team, we need that. ‘Some games we are close to compete, then we need a little bit of quality. I cannot do more. I tried to sign them, I worked on very hard, but for different reasons we couldn’t.’ 

Source?

20 hours ago, TRO said:

Whether he is better suited to us than Remi is a tough one......it is hard to ignore the turn around he acheived at Leicester.

Sorry TRO I'm not buying this one - they were crap for 30 games and then won 7 out of ten (all against lower half teams).  I'm not giving him that much credit for scraping out of a problem of his own making. Also a complete fruitcake!

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this guy will quit in the summer. Not because of relegation, but because he is not being given the tools to provide him with at least half a chance of doing his job. .

Why continue to fight for a club that has long since given up? He has everything to lose and nothing to gain.  

"I am disappointed because I know I represent this big club. I am not coming in front of the fans with good news."

"The situation of the team at the bottom of the table was not something easy to deal with for new players but it's not the only reason. It was also a financial problem but it's not my job to explain that again. Probably the club realise mistakes have been made in the past and they didn't want to do it again."

Got to feel sorry for the man.

• Like 3

I can't see him quitting, it would not be good for his career. Also, it's a january window with other factors in play. However, if he is not supported in the summer, on some excuse of needing to cut our cloth accordingly in the championship - then he would be fully entitled to walk.

• Like 2

Genuinely feel for him. He conducts himself well and understands the heritage of this once great football club. He has somewhat stabilised us in the league and there is a glimmer of hope there. He deserves backing for that alone. Hearing him speak about getting some quality in the final third I believe he was positive and with his guidance and players we may of had a shout at survival. He has been hung out to dry as have the fans. It is disgusting. I think he is a good manager and deserves better than the clowns he is working under.   I would of liked him long term but as other people of mentioned I would not begrudge him walking. They are half hearted at the top. It has filtered down through the club and is sapping the life out the lot of us.

For the record they did it to Sherwood too. We looked doomed in February. He came in and kept us up something I didn't think possible. To stop the rot and push on he wanted Begovic, Cambiasso, Townsend and Adebayour. The board: Thanks for keeping us Tim but nah have Bunn and co instead.

Hollis, your job is to find where the issue is. Why don't you ask Garde he might give you a clue. 

Even though they have hung him out to dry he is carrying himself with dignity and class, I like the bloke. 

Its an unworkable situation which will sadly result in Remi walking at the end of the season. And then what? Who in they're right mind would take the job? Its impossible. 

Â