The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

On 17 January 2016 at 15:33, PompeyVillan said:

If Garde was our manager from the start of the season, I comfortably predict that we wouldn't be in this mess.

Reason? Organisation. Fitness.

I am unsure about that.....but you could be right.

it could be the French lads have just taken this long to settle in to the league.

Ayew alone has improved greatly from the start of the season.

its a speculative call In my view.

it has equally taken Remi c10 games to just find his feet.

Edited by TRO

Sinclair is far from a complete player but he has suffered from playing in a formation which doesn't suit him or relied upon to be a main striker which he isn't.

If he was played on the wing or as a wide forward behind an intelligent striker who created space for him to make runs into he would have had more opportunities and more goals.

I would have liked to have seen him on one side with Traore on the other with Kozak as the main striker. 

Either of the below formations would have suited him a lot better and I'm sure we would have looked a lot more dangerous.

Sanchez

Traore Bacuna Gueye Sinclair

Kozak

--------------------------------------------------

Bacuna Gueye

Traore Gil/Grealish Sinclair 

Kozak 

doesnt win over 90 minutes in this game then this is his Bradford

Disagree

It's as bad as Bradford but for many reasons Bradford was shocking from Lambert (eg taking all the midfielders off for strikers and then wondering why there was no one to put the ball in...)

Tonight and the previous game to me show what he's up against, this is the players, Wycombe want it far far more than our players do, embarrassing us in terms of desire and effort

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree

It's as bad as Bradford but for many reasons Bradford was shocking from Lambert (eg taking all the midfielders off for strikers and then wondering why there was no one to put the ball in...)

Tonight and the previous game to me show what he's up against, this is the players, Wycombe want it far far more than our players do, embarrassing us in terms of desire and effort

Some think that last line is a given.

• Like 1

no I would never want Villa to lose but we should have won the 1st game or at least more comfortable today

FWIW City will probably knock 6 past our defence and kill any confidence we have slowly built up in recent weeks :(

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

no I would never want Villa to lose but we should have won the 1st game or at least more comfortable today

FWIW City will probably knock 6 past our defence and kill any confidence we have slowly built up in recent weeks :(

You know we drew with City when Garde first took over?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Plenty of PL sides struggle against lower opposition in the cup, that's what makes the FA Cup such a great boon for lower sides and for the media.

We kept a clean sheet, and scored two under pressure, and we're through to the next round. Villa won, that's a strange enough occourance this year so enjoy it!

Â