The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, AshVilla said:

Playing against 12 men is always difficult 

I didn't see much wrong with the ref today? Could have booked Bacuna and didn't. 

Anyway, Villa look for better these last 2 games. Richards and Guzan dropped and every player working so much harder. Maybe dropping the keeper and the captain has sent out the mesage every player needs to earn their place.

I really didn't see what Remind was bringing to the party, until this last fortnight. Credit to Remi for that.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Not sure if srs.

??? Nope. Maybe if I had followed the match thread I'd have a different opinion but watching the game I never particularly felt any strong bias

(P.s. I missed the first 10 minutes of the second half as I was late back from collecting the Chinese...)

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I didn't see much wrong with the ref today? Could have booked Bacuna and didn't. 

Anyway, Villa look for better these last 2 games. Richards and Guzan dropped and every player working so much harder. Maybe dropping the keeper and the captain has sent out the mesage every player needs to earn their place.

I really didn't see what Remind was bringing to the party, until this last fortnight. Credit to Remi for that.

Just hope its not another false dawn. We thought we'd turned the corner after the Newcastle 2nd half and West Ham and that was then followed by Norwich and Sunderland. 

The last 2 games have given me a slither of hope again

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

You must have missed the forearm smash on kozak in the area then

The ref was a Leicester fan he was looking right at it and it was one of the most blatant pens I've seen in ages yet he gives the Cissokho pen without hesitation consistency is everything you can't give a 50/50 pen like that without a second thought then not give a blatant penalty like that

Garde can't get anymore out of this team at the minute they are fighting were just having no luck which is what happens when your down the bottom

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

??? Nope. Maybe if I had followed the match thread I'd have a different opinion but watching the game I never particularly felt any strong bias

(P.s. I missed the first 10 minutes of the second half as I was late back from collecting the Chinese...)

I didn't go into the match thread (rarely do, it's full of moronic overreactions)

I thought he was awful for both teams. We had two penalties not given (one was as obvious a penalty as you'll see), our goal was a handball, and he just generally gave some bizarre decisions.

Veretout committed an obvious foul about 3 foot from the ref, he was looking straight at it, and didn't give it.

He was shite.

Can anyone explain that substitution? Did he settle for the draw?

Yes. It was the right decision at that point, we'd had our chances.

He played an absolute blinder today. That could be a huge point, particularly given how it played out.

He is keeping his end up. Time he was backed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't go into the match thread (rarely do, it's full of moronic overreactions)

I thought he was awful for both teams. We had two penalties not given (one was as obvious a penalty as you'll see), our goal was a handball, and he just generally gave some bizarre decisions.

Veretout committed an obvious foul about 3 foot from the ref, he was looking straight at it, and didn't give it.

He was shite.

He missed things for both sides, like the fact our goal was handled in the build up and Ayew's (I think) studs up dangerous tackle which deserved a booking. My post was in response to the other post about playing against 12 men. We won some decisions and lost some. I didn't see any exceptional bias.

Just now, Genie said:

He missed things for both sides, like the fact our goal was handled in the build up and Ayew's (I think) studs up dangerous tackle which deserved a booking. My post was in response to the other post about playing against 12 men. We won some decisions and lost some. I didn't see any exceptional bias.

Oh I agree there was no bias. apologies, I can see that's what you meant now.

I just thought he was crap. But yes no bias, just incompetence.

• Like 1

Â