The Greater Good?

Designer1

Is it ever worth it?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever want Aston Villa to lose if it meant getting rid of a manager you don't rate?

• No, I never ever want to see us lose no matter what the circumstances are.
    • Yes, it's worth it sometimes just to get rid.

The question is, would the players want to lose a game to get rid of a manager. Maybe not intentionally but the idea could have some sort of psychological affect. Similar to when teams have 'nothing to play for', at the end of a season. We might have benefited from it ourselves last season when we beat Sunderland 0-4 at the Stadium of Light.

I'd take a loss against Chelsea if it meant getting rid of Sherwood.

Especially considering 9 times out of ten we'll lose anyway against them. 

if losing against Chelsea meant we had to sack our manager, we would have had a very high turnover over the years.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

if losing against Chelsea meant we had to sack our manager, we would have had a very high turnover over the years.

We would still have David O'Leary in charge :D

I'd never want Villa to lose a match BUT occasionally I can see the benefit of getting a kicking rather than a narrow defeat...

So, whilst I personally have no strong desire to see Sherwood sacked, I could prefer to lose 6-0 than just 1-0 if it caused a change for the 'greater good'. So I'm somewhere in the middle of the voting options. No to wanting to lose but yes to losing really badly rather than marginally.

Nobody is saying Sherwood should be sacked because we lost to Chelsea (if it happens).

It's the absolute garbage that has happened before that game that he should be sacked for. Losing to Chelsea would just compound the damage.

(I'm sure I've typed this sentence before...)

• Like 1

I think it was my reply in the Sherwood thread that inspired this question....so here's another scenario where it's acceptable:

If losing a few games over xmas means a bigger wedge in the January transfer window then I'd take the hit.

The powers that run the club are all dither'ers. They ponder and delay making the decision. ...........Lambert and his 8-0 live on TV humiliation - he should of been sacked in the tunnel by text message.

When we were in the excrement last season they dithered whilst Pulis was available. Liverpool took action when they saw Sunderland had made a call. It's not panic its being pro active.

they are so out of touch a win against chelsea tomorrow they would be sipping the champagne and singing everythings gonna be alright. (the jesus christ superstar version)

I can't believe this guy Lerner is a billionaire he just sits on his hands. I'd love to meet him I bet I'd take some money off him.

It's not that i dislike Sherwood. I enjoyed his press conference today. It's a shame he's just full of bluster.

It's just the results speak for themselves. Nothings changed. The home record is atrocious. We've had an easy start.

Get tomorrow over with and get rid

Â