The Greater Good?

Designer1

Is it ever worth it?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever want Aston Villa to lose if it meant getting rid of a manager you don't rate?

• No, I never ever want to see us lose no matter what the circumstances are.
    • Yes, it's worth it sometimes just to get rid.

Best case scenario is that Sherwood gets it together and the team start winning while playing attractive football.

Next best case scenario is that we beat Chelsea and Swansea on own goals while having played really bad.

But we are in no position to be hoping for more losses, it's already a very slippery slope.

• Like 2

I hate losing football games. It makes me physically sick. It hurts. So, no, and we need all the points we can get. Sherwood himself has made it clear that if we do win, it would be by complete accident so there should be no credit coming his direction anyway.

But if we're going to lose, it may as well be in spectacular fashion. A complete humiliation should speed things up. 

I hate losing football games. It makes me physically sick. It hurts. So, no, and we need all the points we can get. Sherwood himself has made it clear that if we do win, it would be by complete accident so there should be no credit coming his direction anyway.

But if we're going to lose, it may as well be in spectacular fashion. A complete humiliation should speed things up. 

God ur some kind of Villa bulimic! 

Just kidding fella as you said loosing football games makes you physically sick. Being a Villa fan you regularly have plenty of puke to clean up! :(

Oh, I see. Yes, it keeps the wife-person busy on week ends. 

Of course I would. If sacrificing 3 points means bringing someone in who will greatly outperform the current manager over the remaining games then it would be stupid not to. Like, oh I dunno, the next match for example.

It don't think it'll make much difference.

The stuff coming out of the club suggests they know he's a busted flush and a win might simply delay the inevitable for a while. A loss keeps us on the path that suggests he's out on his ear, and an absolute humiliation, which is certainly possible because this team, and certainly the man in the dugout, doesn't have the resolve to withstand a goal or 2 against a team with Chelsea's ability without the wheels falling off and turning into an absolute humping, could see him unceremoniously chucked before he's left the stadium.

For once, with Villa, it might be win win.

I could never actually hope that we lose. I can't imagine actually willing an opposition goal into our net or feeling anything other than joy at a goal for us going in.  That said if Sherwood gets binned off after a loss to Chelsea it sure will soften the blow.

Â