The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, peterms said:

Mrs May tells Gavin to shut up and go away.

Young Master Gavin will have to give back his big boy pants and go play with the other infants again now. Still, I bet he enjoyed playing army soldiers with the big rough boys and doing threats to Russia and China n'all the other beastly enemies. It's just that he did a leak and embarrassed himself all over his shoes.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good to see Apple getting their moneys worth - and they say the US political system doesn't work!

Isn't the alternative German tech?

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Isn't the alternative German tech?

The threat, not the specifics of our choice ,I mean in the wider terms of the US's war on Huawei dressed up as "security concern".

I very much got the feeling that the reason our leak rankled was that it let the Americans find out we picked Huawei and now that they know, we'll have to start again from scratch or they'll tell us off.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I mean in the wider terms of the US's war on Huawei dressed up as "security concern".

I dunno (genuinely) if that's right. I suspect there's a fair bit of trumpetyism in it. But it's also very much the case that multiple nations know they have been and are the subject of Chinese espionage and cyber-wossname. China, like Russia (and no doubt, yes, the UK and US etc.) are very much "at it". In defending our own (or Aus or NZ or US etc.) national security we (or they) absolutely should not utilise kit which is full of vulnerability to hacking and foreign interference. It appears that Huawei kit is just that. To use it would be a mistake, whether or not it helps Trump and his rampaging idiocy, fundamentally leaving UK infrastructure open to foreign attacks is just stupid.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good to see Apple getting their moneys worth - and they say the US political system doesn't work!

erm Apple don't build telecommunications infrastructure, this is also the same Apple that wouldn't give the FBI the key to unlock people's phones. There are many criticisms that you can level at Apple, this isn't one of them

This week's Cakewatch is an interesting listen. It's not so much about Brexit, and becomes a bit more of a discussion of the mess of British politics, particularly with the Tory party. It features a former Tory, Peter Wilding, who I know nothing about beyond him being an old Tory who failed to get into an MP seat (so for all I know he might generally be demonspawn as well as a Tory), but it's an interesting listen for a perspective of the party for someone exasperated enough to have chucked his membership.

Includes scathing criticism of May such as her being such an incredibly dull and unpersonable woman that a dinner party the cutlery would try to leave.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I dunno (genuinely) if that's right. I suspect there's a fair bit of trumpetyism in it. But it's also very much the case that multiple nations know they have been and are the subject of Chinese espionage and cyber-wossname. China, like Russia (and no doubt, yes, the UK and US etc.) are very much "at it". In defending our own (or Aus or NZ or US etc.) national security we (or they) absolutely should not utilise kit which is full of vulnerability to hacking and foreign interference. It appears that Huawei kit is just that. To use it would be a mistake, whether or not it helps Trump and his rampaging idiocy, fundamentally leaving UK infrastructure open to foreign attacks is just stupid.

I agree, leaving UK infrastructure open to foreign attacks would be stupid. Which is why I complete discount the idea that it's happening or that we've deliberately chosen to put ourselves at that risk. The idea that Huawei are a device that China is using in order to spy on everybody, that they're a threat to security in the way that the financial security of US telecommunications industries would be better if they didn''t exist - it's an exciting lie being used to further the ambitions of the US corporate state.

The US is currently at war with anyone that threatens its global corporate hegemony. Huawei are a victim of that. They're possibly a victim being supported by a gleefully amused Chinese state, but they're not Spectre, no matter how much it suits the US business community to have us think it.

21 minutes ago, Chindie said:

This week's Cakewatch is an interesting listen. It's not so much about Brexit, and becomes a bit more of a discussion of the mess of British politics, particularly with the Tory party. It features a former Tory, Peter Wilding, who I know nothing about beyond him being an old Tory who failed to get into an MP seat (so for all I know he might generally be demonspawn as well as a Tory), but it's an interesting listen for a perspective of the party for someone exasperated enough to have chucked his membership.

Includes scathing criticism of May such as her being such an incredibly dull and unpersonable woman that a dinner party the cutlery would try to leave.

Set up British Influence (think tank) and coined the word Brexit. Now a future candidate for Change UK (@eurorealist on twit if you're interested)

Just now, bickster said:

Set up British Influence (think tank) and coined the word Brexit. Now a future candidate for Change UK (@eurorealist on twit if you're interested)

Thanks.

They discuss all that on the podcast. He's standing as an MEP candidate for CUKTIG in the West Midlands.

Interesting listen all the same, if you can put up with the sound of 2 guys knocking back the red while discussing British politics going to shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I agree, leaving UK infrastructure open to foreign attacks would be stupid. Which is why I complete discount the idea that it's happening ....

Blimey Scott, you’ve suddenly gained an awful amount of confidence in the Tory government.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â