The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

o-SHOULD-YOU-BE-WORRIED-ABOUT-THE-SURVEIo-SNOOPERS-CHARTER-FLOWCHART-570.jpg?6

For 'balance' (I gather that's important), Alan Johnson (whom I normally like even if/when I disagree with him) also supports this load of shit.

Apparently, it's okay because MI5 used to steam open people's letters by the hundreds of thousands in the '70s.

What a clearing in the woods.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

The excuse the intelligence gathering people gave when they failed to prevent the attack on the twin-towers was that there was just too much data to pick out the plotters.

So what is their chosen solution for preventing future attacks?

More data!

To be fair, what Theresa May is proposing for the UK is illegal in the U.S and every other Western Democracy. The level of snooping on private citizens is not deemed acceptable everywhere else. I'm pretty sure even the DDR would have thought it a bit OTT.

And so few people seem to give a shit.

The **** John Lewis Christmas ad is getting more media coverage than this.

True.

Once I had got over the nauseating saccharine sentimentality, I found it amusing how it showed that in this age of obsession with paedophiles, the only old man who a young girl could be shown giving a present to, has to be safely stranded on the ******* moon.:)

As a by-product of general snooping, the CIA do pick up some sensitive industrial and commercial data. Some of this information is passed on to US industry, just to help them out a bit.

Does anyone trust the current crop of arseholes in power not to abuse similarly acquired information here?

Remember the civil unrest outside Downing St in May? Mainstream media here sheepishly picked up the story, only after it was all over social media (and Russia Today, obviously).

• Like 1

The excuse the intelligence gathering people gave when they failed to prevent the attack on the twin-towers was that there was just too much data to pick out the plotters.

So what is their chosen solution for preventing future attacks?

More data!

To be fair, what Theresa May is proposing for the UK is illegal in the U.S and every other Western Democracy. The level of snooping on private citizens is not deemed acceptable everywhere else. I'm pretty sure even the DDR would have thought it a bit OTT.

Would it be much of an exaggeration to state that every power to intrude and every law presented as necessary to prevent terrorism has been abused?

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 2

As a by-product of general snooping, the CIA do pick up some sensitive industrial and commercial data. Some of this information is passed on to US industry, just to help them out a bit.

Does anyone trust the current crop of arseholes in power not to abuse similarly acquired information here?

Remember the civil unrest outside Downing St in May? Mainstream media here sheepishly picked up the story, only after it was all over social media (and Russia Today, obviously).

is it the / a government that will abuse this data ?

or is it agencies like SIS that will abuse it , I genuinely don't know if intelligence service act under a directive from May or the PM...

the cynic in me thinks the timing off the Russian plane and the fact our agency found the chatter to determine it was a bomb is going to be used as part of the justification for this snoopers charter ....

Ultimately these powers just  like Labours obsession / abuse of CCTV won't prevent crime but will just make it easier to ID the bloke they are scrapping off the underground and who he is working with 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Â