The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Tthing is you can't all come in here saying I'm not a labour supporter and then only ever attack the Tory party as vile for doing something that has been happening since the dawn of time  .... Balance isn't the same as Ahh but  when it vald as an attempt at countering VT myopia  and I even gave you examples to back it up  ..just as I did with showing how Labour could have won without Scotland 

Finally , If you believe the SNP line  about wages as their justification then I have £100,00,00 that I want to get out of Nigeria but I need your help , send me your bank details and I'll let you keep a % as a show of my thanks

yes I ruddy could if I wanted to. :)

ut in the tory thread there's not much point of generally saying my views on the labour party. That's off topic for this thread. That Labour are also bad at whatever, doesn't mean it's OK for the Gov't to be bad. What kind of argument is that?  - it's like someone [imaginary] saying "He steals from old people, so it's OK for me to do the same". No you [hypothetical] half-wit, it's not OK for anyone to steal from the old people. And saying I can't come on the internet and criticise your imaginary self for stealing from old people is ludicrous.

I quite like the fact the the SNPs are prepared to rain on the tories parade. Labour seem incapable at the moment. The main opposition to Cameron and Co is other tories and the SNPs. But they are right about the effect on wages.

• Like 1

Tthing is you can't all come in here saying I'm not a labour supporter and then only ever attack the Tory party as vile for doing something that has been happening since the dawn of time  .... Balance isn't the same as Ahh but  when it vald as an attempt at countering VT myopia  and I even gave you examples to back it up  ..just as I did with showing how Labour could have won without Scotland 

Finally , If you believe the SNP line  about wages as their justification then I have £100,00,00 that I want to get out of Nigeria but I need your help , send me your bank details and I'll let you keep a % as a show of my thanks

yes I ruddy could if I wanted to. :)

ut in the tory thread there's not much point of generally saying my views on the labour party. That's off topic for this thread. That Labour are also bad at whatever, doesn't mean it's OK for the Gov't to be bad. What kind of argument is that?  - it's like someone [imaginary] saying "He steals from old people, so it's OK for me to do the same". No you [hypothetical] half-wit, it's not OK for anyone to steal from the old people. And saying I can't come on the internet and criticise your imaginary self for stealing from old people is ludicrous.

I quite like the fact the the SNPs are prepared to rain on the tories parade. Labour seem incapable at the moment. The main opposition to Cameron and Co is other tories and the SNPs. But they are right about the effect on wages.

it wasn't the argument I was making or the point ..but we are probably going OT here  

I'd be interested to see what would happen if the Tories proposed every Jock get £5k given to them , the SNP would have to oppose it because they have vowed to oppose everything Tory for the sake of it ... then we'd test how fair they want to take their sabotage act

UK becomes only G7 country to increase fossil fuel subsidies

Last December, it was revealed that George Osborne had sparked the biggest boom in UK fossil fuel investment since the North Sea industry was founded in the 1970s, with taxpayers funding seismic exploration for companies, while investment in clean energy had plummeted. On Monday, ministers were forced by the leak of a letter to admit the UK is set to miss a key renewable energy target, while on Wednesday the UK lost its top-ranked energy rating.

Grauniad

Edited by Xann

BBC Report

The portfolio is being sold by UK Asset Resolution (UKAR) to US investment firm Cerberus. The deal is thought to be the largest financial asset sale to date by a European government.

Sold to an American Fund Management company, that has already as part of the deal sold over £3 BN back to TSB. The name of the american company, Cerberus, derives from the three headed dog that guards the gates of hell, preventing the dead from leaving. I'm sure that's no indicator on their assessment of the mortgages they just bought up.

It's nice to know that part of the solution to the financial crisis (created by Labour), is to bundle up tens of thousands of mortgages and sell them to a third party, who in turn have already sold on part of that bundle to another company.... Actually, perhaps this should be in the history thread?

Edited by chrisp65

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

excellent rantathon

but the paranoid part of me is worried you thought I was serious about Labour creating the financial crisis....

ha ha. No Chris. It's what set me off  - your use of that technique. I thought I'd fill 5 minutes of my time farming a couple of likes for my feeble needy self from fellow Yoghurt knitters and letting off steam/writing a critique of the horrible Gov't.

• Like 1

OH and another thing (it's OK, I have to go in a mo) but the current tory bollex soundbite where they say "only with a strong economy can we be [insert "good thing"]" is appalling

I mean the logic is so utterly stupid. 

1. We need to cut Police spending, to get the economy in good order

2. Only with a good economy can we be safe"

No you [rude word]wits, only with a decent Police force can we be safe, and you're chopping them off at the legs. Numpties.

• Like 4

It seems that there are stories/briefings doing the rounds that Osborne may be looking to recoup some of the savings lost by changing tack on tax credits from Houysing Benefit.

One story being that all HB claimants would be made to pay 10% of their HB amount (i.e. that the maximum benefit would be reduced from 100% to 90%). If that turns out to be the case then there'll be a lot of evictions going on in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

It seems that there are stories/briefings doing the rounds that Osborne may be looking to recoup some of the savings lost by changing tack on tax credits from Houysing Benefit.

One story being that all HB claimants would be made to pay 10% of their HB amount (i.e. that the maximum benefit would be reduced from 100% to 90%). If that turns out to be the case then there'll be a lot of evictions going on in a couple of years.

or a lot of landlords putting up their rent by 10% and telling the tenants to say nowt and pay nowt

9 hours ago, bickster said:

or a lot of landlords putting up their rent by 10% and telling the tenants to say nowt and pay nowt

I doubt that.

Wouldn't happen in the HA/Council sector and there'd be obvious discrepancies in income declared to HMRC and local council records for those in the private sector.

9 hours ago, bickster said:

I think it'll very possibly mean a lot more homelessness, as landlords move across to them private sector where rents are better. There are going to be fewer and fewer social tenancy properties available.

Part of the Tories plan to return us to Victorian Britain I guess.

The 10% thing is only one of the stories being put about so that may not happen (indeed it may be one of those suggest the really bad thing and do the slightly less bad thing and have everybody sigh with relief).

There are other ideas (nearly as bad) such as reducing the LHA to the 20th percentile from the 30th percentile.

12 hours ago, snowychap said:

I already have to pay 10 % of mine as I am disabled & living in a 2 bed pensioners bungalow which was my dads , there are no one bed bungalows for me to rent . No one in the government is bothered about the disabled. Tax credits got loads of publicity but what they are doing to the disabled barely got a mention as it was lost in their attack on the unemployed .

The government is apparently very keen to hear our views on the proposed NHS mandate. But you’d better be quick; you have until 23 November to comment. And if you’re wondering how you missed such an important opportunity to comment on the future of the NHS, you’re not alone. Critics say the Department of Health has deliberately kept it quiet, with little publicity and only a month for the public to comment since the launch in October.

Grauniad

Tell the government what you think here.

8 hours ago, Villaninireland said:

I already have to pay 10 % of mine as I am disabled & living in a 2 bed pensioners bungalow which was my dads , there are no one bed bungalows for me to rent . No one in the government is bothered about the disabled. Tax credits got loads of publicity but what they are doing to the disabled barely got a mention as it was lost in their attack on the unemployed .

I agree. I was going to 'like' your post but felt that would be wrong somehow. :)

Â