The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Anyway, Jeremy Hunt has donated over £100,000 to his own constituency party since the last election. He donated less than £5000 in the previous elections to 2010

There was a constituency poll done in his constituency, published this weekend (Survation for 38 Degrees I think)

LibDems - 35%

Tory - 29%

Labour - 23%

The other interesting thing is that the LibDem vote has hardly moved, the switch has been from Tory to Labour

It just needs someone to tell those Labour voters to switch and he's toast. The first Chancellor to lose his seat at a General Election

Another aspect of the polling was tax cuts or improve NHS and the NHS won by quite the margin, in his own constituency

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anyway, Jeremy Hunt has donated over £100,000 to his own constituency party since the last election. He donated less than £5000 in the previous elections to 2010

I assumed he'd just stand down, he must know they're toast. Got his eye on being the leader in 5 years?

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Sorry to be pedantic but they have already ****ed themselves.

and it wasn’t out loud, it was written 🙃

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Another aspect of the polling was tax cuts or improve NHS and the NHS won by quite the margin, in his own constituency

I saw a headline yesterday that he'd lose the grey vote without tax cuts. 

I thought then that the grey vote are probably more concerned about the NHS than anything else and they can surely see that further tax cuts will cripple that more. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I saw a headline yesterday that he'd lose the grey vote without tax cuts. 

I thought then that the grey vote are probably more concerned about the NHS than anything else and they can surely see that further tax cuts will cripple that more. 

Which paper was that in because all the polling I've seen says the issues in order of importance for the electorate are...

1. Cost of Living

2. NHS

and anything else is so far off the radar that its almost irrelevant, including tax cuts, in fact there's polling out there that will tell you that people have specifically been asked if they'd prefer tax cuts or an improved NHS and improved NHS wins by a considerable margin

It's currently estimated that 25% of the country are on a waiting list

Tax cuts are not going to win them an election and they know it

Ipsos just released their latest polling that has the Tories at 20% Why is this significant?

1. It's the lowest they have ever polled with IPSOS since 1978

2. IPSOS always had the Tories in the Mid to High ground in their polling, they last polled at the end of Jan and the Tories were down as 27%.

Could be an outlier obviously 

Paul "No Go Areas" Scully of last weeks fame is standing down at the next election. Rats, sinking ship etc.

And a likely LibDem win in Sutton and Cheam

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Which paper was that in because all the polling I've seen says the issues in order of importance for the electorate are...

1. Cost of Living

2. NHS

and anything else is so far off the radar that its almost irrelevant, including tax cuts, in fact there's polling out there that will tell you that people have specifically been asked if they'd prefer tax cuts or an improved NHS and improved NHS wins by a considerable margin

It's currently estimated that 25% of the country are on a waiting list

Tax cuts are not going to win them an election and they know it

Can't remember. Think it was The Express. In the BBC round up of newspaper headlines. Probably that or Torygraph 

This is a rotting dead government, yet we could probably have another six to eight months of this. Sunak will want to make sure he gets two years in as a PM. Can't see May being called as a general election and no MP will want to skip the summer recess out campaigning. Then conference season.

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't remember. Think it was The Express. In the BBC round up of newspaper headlines. Probably that or Torygraph 

GHstsKGWwAAslqK?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I assumed he'd just stand down, he must know they're toast. Got his eye on being the leader in 5 years?

I think a lot of people did. He's got no chance of being leader as it stands, he is just not popular, not in his party and not by the general public. After the election defeat it is highly likely that the party will swing further to the right and Hunt is one of those left wing lunatics that shouldn't be in the party as far as the membership is concerned especially as he encouraged people to get rid of Boris

24 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Another one down. This time doing at least a half-decent joke in the process.

I was absolutely certain this was a parody account until I checked. Nope, a real tory MP worried they might become the bell ends. :D 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So not based on anything other than The Express thinks

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

So not based on anything other than The Express thinks

I didn't suggest it was right. It just struck a chord with me following the OP. 

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

GHstsKGWwAAslqK?format=jpg&name=large

Are these arguably the worst generation?

Didn't fight in the war and build the country back up and then after benefitting from everything that was good, have done everything they can to make future generations worse off. 

• Sad 1

Â