The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had the impression that for some years now the British Muslim community has tended to support the Tories - possibly due to the perception that they were the party that supported small businesses, and entrepreneurialism generally. 

With recent events, I can see that changing quite dramatically. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had the impression that for some years now the British Muslim community has tended to support the Tories - possibly due to the perception that they were the party that supported small businesses, and entrepreneurialism generally. 

With recent events, I can see that changing quite dramatically. 

I think you're assumption is incorrect.

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had the impression that for some years now the British Muslim community has tended to support the Tories - possibly due to the perception that they were the party that supported small businesses, and entrepreneurialism generally. . 

I might be horribly wrong, but I think the whole underlying tenet of this is utter bollex. i’d write more but it would be a massive essay so I’ll leave it for now and maybe write more later.

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

I might be horribly wrong, but I think the whole underlying tenet of this is utter bollex. i’d write more but it would be a massive essay so I’ll leave it for now and maybe write more later.

Please do. That's why I phrased it as I did. My suggestion was based on anecdotal experience, having worked in Bradford for 28 years. 

I think there’s probably a tendency for relatively poor Muslims in shit jobs and bad housing to vote Labour, and business oriented types in blacked out range rovers cos they’ve got three vape shops or are landlords to some bad housing to see themselves as tory. 

I base this on nothing but my presumption they’d be much like anyone else.

• Like 2

They really are digging a bigger hole every time they appear right now, same never heard of him immigration minister, different show, stumped by the political heavyweights that are Richard Madeley and Suzannah Reid

Mr Tomlinson replied: “It was wrong.”

“Was it Islamophobic?”, Mr Madeley asked.

“It was wrong,” Mr Tomlinson replied.

Mr Madeley said: “Every single minister we have spoken to refuses to use the word Islamophobia. Is this some instruction you have been given?”

Susanna Reid then asked: “Are you allergic to the word Islamophobic?”

Indie

You know when you refuse to answer what everyone consideres an easy and simple question to answer because you know it stops the subsequent question, journalists are just going to keep on asking it.

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think there’s probably a tendency for relatively poor Muslims in shit jobs and bad housing to vote Labour, and business oriented types in blacked out range rovers cos they’ve got three vape shops or are landlords to some bad housing to see themselves as tory. 

What about the consultants, doctors,  surgeons, engineers, dentist etc etc..........that are Muslims.

29 minutes ago, tinker said:

What about the consultants, doctors,  surgeons, engineers, dentist etc etc..........that are Muslims.

Well I wasn’t attempting to classify all Muslims I was attempting to suggest they are much like anyone else.

But if you want me to extend my guess, then I’d guess some consultants that can earn far more working for Spire than the NHS are quite tory, some nurses on the edge of needing foodbanks would tend towards labour.

29 minutes ago, tinker said:

I imagine that @chrisp65's final line is the important one. I imagine doctors that are Muslim probably vote along the same sort of trends as doctors that aren't Muslim do. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

That would be accurate I reckon 

• Like 1

Â