The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They really need it to kick off big time in London on the weekend.

Or get Argentina to take South Georgia.

I see whilst scrolling through tick toc 'our Tommy'  is encouraging a little bit of a turnout so every chance it will kick off 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Or get Argentina to take South Georgia.

Wouldn't work anymore. Would just underline that massive cutbacks to the armed forces would show we didn't have enough ships or aircraft to do anything about it. 

58 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I see whilst scrolling through tick toc 'our Tommy'  is encouraging a little bit of a turnout so every chance it will kick off 

Ah yes, england’s favourite scam hooligan, back again, and here to protect us. God bless him, and all that contributed to his nice house.

I’m amazed how many of these people like him can just keep rinsing the same people with the same con. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Wouldn't work anymore. Would just underline that massive cutbacks to the armed forces would show we didn't have enough ships or aircraft to do anything about it. 

Have you got any idea how many small boats we’ve acquired recently?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

It's the type of flashpoint our boys sacrificed their lives for to enable this to happen. 

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah yes, england’s favourite scam hooligan, back again, and here to protect us. God bless him, and all that contributed to his nice house.

I’m amazed how many of these people like him can just keep rinsing the same people with the same con. 

*his ex-wife’s house. 

Sadly just before he was forced to pay huge damages he got divorced and all his assets went to his wife and declared himself bankrupt. Poor guy. I believe he and his ex-wife are still on excellent terms though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Further evidence she just wants all rights to protest and free speech banned.

bbc

They should have sacked her ages ago. She is coming out with more and more divisive things all the time. The banning of tents and claiming homelessness is a lifestyle choice is the worst in my opinion. She should be forced to live in a  tent at this time of year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They should have sacked her ages ago. She is coming out with more and more divisive things all the time. The banning of tents and claiming homelessness is a lifestyle choice is the worst in my opinion. She should be forced to live in a  tent at this time of year. 

It looks very much like she’s trying to get herself fired. Maybe GBNews have offered her a job.

• Like 1

She's an evil piece of shit, bottom line, she's dog whistling to the absolute scum in this country, the far right lunatics, many of whom are in the tory party membership so she gets to be the leader after the election. And she'll spend her spell in opposition as an absolutely hateful word removed with zero redeeming features at all. I genuinely think, if she felt she could get away with it politically, she would advocate for concentration camps for the homeless and immigrants, climate change activists, or even, mild supporters of the BBC and NHS. 

She has no soul,, is a phenomenal opportunitist, and has managed to scale the heights of topping an already deeply unpleasant roster of scumbag tory ministers in recent years to be the most garbage-filled sack of supposed human skin. 

**** SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

It looks very much like she’s trying to get herself fired. Maybe GBNews have offered her a job.

He's shit scared to sack her because they don't know who would support her in a leadership election and she probably has enough support for the letters to go in to the 1922 Ctte. The threshold is currently 55 or thereabouts I think. I think it highly likely she already has that level of support.

It's what happens when a party has so much internal turmoil

I initially thought it was all laying the groundwork for after the General Election but I think the way she's ramped up the rhetoric in the last couple of weeks, it may well be before.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's shit scared to sack her because they don't know who would support her in a leadership election and she probably has enough support for the letters to go in to the 1922 Ctte. The threshold is currently 55 or thereabouts I think. I think it highly likely she already has that level of support.

It's what happens when a party has so much internal turmoil

I initially thought it was all laying the groundwork for after the General Election but I think the way she's ramped up the rhetoric in the last couple of weeks, it may well be before.

And Boris has come out against Sunak as well.  Another indicator something is probably brewing.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

And Boris has come out against Sunak as well.  Another indicator something is probably brewing.

Nah, he's an irrelevance. He might well be a populist who latches on to anything that will improve his standing but he's also a vengeful bastard who won't have forgiven her for resigning from the cabinet and calling for him to resign.

She’s just not really very popular though, is she? It’s why I was asking about her possible position of leadership favourite.

Don’t get me wrong, I can see that she provokes more of a staunch support than Sunak does. But she also provokes more people to actively dislike her, her policies, her party. Sunak by comparison is more “meh”. Rightly or wrongly.

Maybe I’m wrong in this perception but it seems to me like the thinking behind the idea of her being leader is that, yes she’s marmite - 50% hate her, but that means 50% love her. 

But I don’t think that ratio is anywhere near the reality (if that is what they’re thinking). I think it’s more 80% of people really, really don’t like her. I’m sure a lot of the voters she’s courting will want fewer migrants, fewer homeless. But I also think a significant amount of those she’s trying to appeal to are also thinking “You want to send those people to Rwanda? And you want to take the tents off those people? Are you ****ing nuts?”

Basically I think the right of the party are backing the wrong horse if they do see her as a leader. Unless there’s something else going on.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

She’s just not really very popular though, is she?

Latest yougov email survey

If you were to meet Braverman in person, do you think you would get along with her? 🤔

I don't think I would
The results so far show...
  • I think I would

20%
  • I don't think I would

76%
  • Not sure

4%

Labour's shadow business secretary Jonathan Reynolds called Braverman "out of control" and said she should be sacked if Sunak did not sign off her article in The Times.

Do you agree or disagree that Braverman is ‘out of control’?

Agree 👍
Others taking this chat said…👇
  • Agree 👍

74%
  • Disagree 👎

24%
  • Not sure 🤔

2%

The PM's spokesperson said earlier that Sunak did not clear Braverman's article in The Times. Do you think Sunak should take any of the following actions?

Sack her/ask her to resign
Others said…
  • Give her a warning

6%
  • Ask/demand she makes a public apology

10%
  • Sack her/ask her to resign

63%
  • Publicly defend her comments

12%
  • Nothing

9%
  • Not sure

1%

Do you think her outspokenness on various issues tends to help or hurt her stance with voters?

Hurt
📊 Live results from the Daily Chat community
  • Help

19%
  • Hurt

69%
  • No change

8%
  • Not sure

4%

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1