The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s ridiculous that they keep writing immigration policies that are always destined to be rejected. The millions / billions wasted on it whilst nurses use food banks is disgusting.

Almost like they know it doesn’t pass scrutiny. But allows 3 things to happen:

1) Stir up the support from the ones frothing at the mouth against the poor brown people they dislike.

2) Take focus away from other terrible things they have caused, energy/food/brexit ect.

3) Blame labour and/or anyone that stands for free speech/law for blocking it.

All while the master plan to steal as much wealth as possible is underway, the banks are probably being deregulated or something dodgy related to tax is happening. 

For what it’s worth I don’t think Braverman like Gullis, Anderson, Dorries et al is clever enough to be part of a master plan. Swept along with the rhetoric. 

Just now, Nicho said:

Almost like they know it doesn’t pass scrutiny. But allows 3 things to happen:

1) Stir up the support from the ones frothing at the mouth against the poor brown people they dislike.

2) Take focus away from other terrible things they have caused, energy/food/brexit ect.

3) Blame labour and/or anyone that stands for free speech/law for blocking it.

All while the master plan to steal as much wealth as possible is underway, the banks are probably being deregulated or something dodgy related to tax is happening. 

For what it’s worth I don’t think Braverman like Gullis, Anderson, Dorries et al is clever enough to be part of a master plan. Swept along with the rhetoric. 

I don’t see how they can possibly think these ideas will fly.

At the very first brain storming there would be someone piping up to raise concerns about international law, legal challenges etc.

They decide to push ahead regardless knowing it’s millions of pounds wasted.

All to stoke the fire some more

foreigners = bad

foreigners = no money for public services

foreigners = taking your jobs and stopping wage growth 

foreigners = the reason you can’t see your gp 

Some people still lap it up, we all know people that will. Saying that, I think this pool is getting smaller and smaller. People are seeing through the racist Tory bullshit more and more. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t see how they can possibly think these ideas will fly.

At the very first brain storming there would be someone piping up to raise concerns about international law, legal challenges etc.

They decide to push ahead regardless knowing it’s millions of pounds wasted.

All to stoke the fire some more

foreigners = bad

foreigners = no money for public services

foreigners = taking your jobs and stopping wage growth 

foreigners = the reason you can’t see your gp 

Some people still lap it up, we all know people that will. Saying that, I think this pool is getting smaller and smaller. People are seeing through the racist Tory bullshit more and more. 

Because it’s not about the money or not atleast our money being wasted, they don’t care.

The only way they stay in power now is via this bullshit. That power allows them to continue lining their own pockets/placing people in high places of influence. 

Stange really as I would see conservatism as low taxation of business which would intern bring more business and innovation and therefore economic success. I believe that people think this is what it is.

In practice and always has been it’s the power of the “upper” class over the others, in the hope that they are posh and rich (something most aspire to be) so they know best and will surely operate in our interest.

• Like 1

Pension  reforms to boost pensions is the BBC headline, the reality is your total Pension pot allowance will be increased from £1m to £1.7m (a good move for retaining doctors and it should be targeted at them) and the total you can pay in per year is 100% of your wages or £40k, this is raising to £60k.

On the back of this the State Pension age is increasing to 68 for anyone born in 1968 or later. 

All this clearly benefits  the wealthy rather than the poor who rely on State Pension to fund retirement, they are taking the piss. 

Edited by tinker

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

Pension  reforms to boost pensions is the BBC headline, the reality is your total Pension pot allowance will be increased from £1m to £1.7m (a good move for retaining doctors and it should be targeted at them) and the total you can pay in per year is 100% of your wages or £40k, this is raising to £60k.

Great news if someone can just let me know where do i get the money from to put that into my pension 🤪🙄

It does make sense for older doctors though.

4 hours ago, Nicho said:

Because it’s not about the money or not atleast our money being wasted, they don’t care.

The only way they stay in power now is via this bullshit. That power allows them to continue lining their own pockets/placing people in high places of influence. 

Stange really as I would see conservatism as low taxation of business which would intern bring more business and innovation and therefore economic success. I believe that people think this is what it is.

In practice and always has been it’s the power of the “upper” class over the others, in the hope that they are posh and rich (something most aspire to be) so they know best and will surely operate in our interest.

It's because the whole party has been hijacked. It was happening anyway but putting Johnson in charge was like pressing the accelerator into unashamed personal greed and hard right ideology. 

Edited by sidcow

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's because the whole party has been hijacked. It was happening anyway but putting Johnson in charge was like pressing the accelerator into unashamed personal greed and hard right ideology. 

I think the appointment of Johnson was just the removal of the mask. It has then let the fully feral members run riot. 

47 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I think the appointment of Johnson was just the removal of the mask. It has then let the fully feral members run riot. 

The feral members as you term them had been running riot well before Johnson. The referendum was an attempt to appease them, that had the opposite effect and empowered them and the constituencies to select an ever increasing amount of lunatics

Cameron failed to keep a lid on them, so did May, they've just been growing in number since then

• Like 3

Scraping the barrel now are the Tories in the budget. That magic money tree must have grown a awful lot over the last year. "We are going to throw money at everything, keep the public happy and on our side, even nuclear power".

But we've got cheaper beer in pubs all thanks to BREXIT.  I can only assume those nasty unelected EU MP's were setting the price of our British pints.

If they'd mentioned THAT on the bus I might voted for it. Can't understand why they kept that one so quite. 

Anyway we're taking back control of our pumps (apart from the Kiwis and Australians). 

Yep, that childcare thing is so silly. Why is he announcing plans for things in 2 and a half years time? Especially when there’s a GE we know they’ll lose in the meantime.

Like the immigration stuff, I’m sure they create these stupid scenarios to direct attention away from the strikes and crumbling NHS. They’d rather have an uncomfortable conversation about childcare costs in 2.5 years than things they should be fixing right now.

Â