The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Might get an ambulance if you're having a heart attack in France. 

Might get blown up by a Manpad whilst driving through Bridgend.

Might get attacked with chemical weapons in Llandarcy

Like I said, dumb comment

I don't think it matters if this policy is actually passed or not for the tories. It is just a wolf whistle to the throbbers to get them back on side with Sunak and not to plan to get rid of him. If it is deemed illegal the right wing gutter press will moan about it and the government will blame it all on snowflake wokery, or such other nonsense.  An entirely political move for an election in about a year's time.

Sue Ellen may have broken the Ministerial Code yesterday when a letter sent in her name to Tory members referred to the "left Wing Civil Servants" for blocking their attempts to stop small boats crossing the channel

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Might get blown up by a Manpad whilst driving through Bridgend.

Might get attacked with chemical weapons in Llandarcy

Like I said, dumb comment

In your humblest opinion.

These guys aren't taking a boat directly from Syria are they - 'stop the boats' is about France - why risk your life in a small boat across the channel when you get to the UK and to a hostile climate created by the tories, and then all the other crap that's not in your favour, created by the tories. Perhaps France is just as shit though. 

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think these stunts are having less and less impact now and more people are wise to the idiocy currently running the country. 

I suppose sometimes it's nice to dream :D 

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Anyone who lands in the UK, offer them a temporary 12 month Visa and have case workers who help put them into employment. After 12 months it's reviewed and either extended for 5 years or revoked. After 5 years it can be made permanent.

Young, working age, lower skilled men should be utilised into the economy, not sent back or thrown into the underworld. Thousands of 22 year old men, who work for the next 40 years is everything this economy needs right now.

"Stop the boats" is short sighted, narrow minded and just a desperate attempt to win votes.

Surely not ‘anyone’ who lands in the U.K.? There are many many people from countries all around the world who would jump at that offer. You might find it quickly gets overwhelming. 

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:

In your humblest opinion.

You appear to be suggesting that we explain to asylum seekers that they will be put up in accommodation that will be targeted by Fascists as a means of deterring people from travelling here. If that's the case, you are on the same side as Nigel Farage

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

You appear to be suggesting that we explain to asylum seekers that they will be put up in accommodation that will be targeted by Fascists as a means of deterring people from travelling here. If that's the case, you are on the same side as Nigel Farage

You have me banged to rights there mate, I did actually vote for Brexit. 

Just now, Jareth said:

You have me banged to rights there mate, I did actually vote for Brexit. 

I don't have you banged to rights at all, you aren't that, we know that but what you are suggesting is definitely in that ball park.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If I told you that Messi had a worse scoring record than Juan pablo Angel

Thank you. That's one in the eye for all the dicks on the Juan Pablo thread who thought he wasn't actually that good. I'm off over there to kick some butt. 

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Anyone who lands in the UK, offer them a temporary 12 month Visa and have case workers who help put them into employment. After 12 months it's reviewed and either extended for 5 years or revoked. After 5 years it can be made permanent.

Young, working age, lower skilled men should be utilised into the economy, not sent back or thrown into the underworld. Thousands of 22 year old men, who work for the next 40 years is everything this economy needs right now.

"Stop the boats" is short sighted, narrow minded and just a desperate attempt to win votes.

Problem is man in the pub then complains about all the forriners coming here and stealing our jobs (that we don't want to do but that's not the point) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't have you banged to rights at all, you aren't that, we know that but what you are suggesting is definitely in that ball park.

France Vs UK as a choice of country to claim asylum, there isn't much in it - both offer similar things, though I don't find what the tories offer to potential asylum seekers all that attractive. I question why someone will risk their life in an inflatable dinghy in the English channel to get here, do they actually know what they are walking into?. Farage uses this argument to paint them all as economic migrants - they of course are not all economic migrants.

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

France Vs UK as a choice of country to claim asylum

You need to do some research as to why people choose the UK over France. France has about 400,000 applications per year compared to around 90,000 in the UK

Language, relatives, friends, associates are the main reasons for choosing the UK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Language, relatives, friends, associates are the main reasons for choosing the UK

On a personal level of safety, I still don't get the risk of putting yourself and your kids into an inflatable dinghy for these sorts of reasons, at the end of a journey away from somewhere very hostile, where you have already risked life and limb to escape that very hostile and dangerous place. Were there a safe and official route, well that would be different, and worth waiting for, but there is of course not one under the tories plans. 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

On a personal level of safety, I still don't get the risk of putting yourself and your kids into an inflatable dinghy for these sorts of reasons, at the end of a journey away from somewhere very hostile, where you have already risked life and limb to escape that very hostile and dangerous place. Were there a safe and official route, well that would be different, and worth waiting for, but there is of course not one under the tories plans. 

You nor I are hardly in a place to be able to make that comparison, we don't have the terms of reference

Â