The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

i maintain that everyone would feel better about Davos if they pronounced it Dave-Oh's.

Agreed.  Currently it's far too similar to Davros. 

image.png.9c0bb91da0b7c226b68b8f7304673cf0.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m counting down the days until we’re no longer subjected to having to hear Dominic Raab trying to defend whichever PM he’s helping to prop up.

I’m sick and tired of hearing it.

“He’s been completely clear that his tax affairs are up to date”

He was less clear before he got caught though. **** scumbags.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

“He’s been completely clear that his tax affairs are up to date”

He was less clear before he got caught though. **** scumbags.

Today it’s that Sunak shouldn’t resign because the both times he’s been issued fixed penalty notices it was “inadvertent”.

Yeah no shit moron, whenever anyone is caught doing anything illegal they’re caught inadvertently, no one tries to be caught and fined for something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Today it’s that Sunak shouldn’t resign because the both times he’s been issued fixed penalty notices it was “inadvertent”.

Yeah no shit moron, whenever anyone is caught doing anything illegal they’re caught inadvertently, no one tries to be caught and fined for something.

He should resign because of how thick he is to have done it, film it and then publish it. No excuses, he's as thick as a plank. 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

He should resign because of how thick he is to have done it, film it and then publish it. No excuses, he's as thick as a plank. 

They all are, or at least seem to be capable of utter stupidity at any moment in time. They’re leading the country, is it any wonder whatsoever that things are as messed up as they are.

Ex health secretary and chancellor Sajid Javid saying today that the NHS should charge people for GP visits and attending A&E citing Norway and Sweden where you pay £20 to see a GP and Ireland where you pay £66 to attend A&E without a referral.

Taking out the fact that we already pay via our taxes I wouldn't want to live in a country where needing to see a GP or attend A&E could come down to how much money someone has in the bank. I can see why as a wealthy Tory he'd be happy with that though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Ex health secretary and chancellor Sajid Javid saying today that the NHS should charge people for GP visits and attending A&E citing Norway and Sweden where you pay £20 to see a GP and Ireland where you pay £66 to attend A&E without a referral.

Taking out the fact that we already pay via our taxes I wouldn't want to live in a country where needing to see a GP or attend A&E could come down to how much money someone has in the bank. I can see why as a wealthy Tory he'd be happy with that though.

Also £20 to your average Swede or Norwegian is more like a tenner here I’d have thought? (Just going on how much pints cost.)

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They all are, or at least seem to be capable of utter stupidity at any moment in time. They’re leading the country, is it any wonder whatsoever that things are as messed up as they are.

The problem is the majority of who is left are Brexiteers, and we know they aren’t the brightest.

Anyone with a full brain left a long time ago.

Tory Party Chairman Nadhim Zahawi says an error in his tax affairs was accepted by HMRC as having been "careless and not deliberate".

In a statement, he said he wanted to address "confusion about my finances" after claims he tried to avoid tax and had to pay it back.

He said he had chosen to "settle the matter and pay what they said was due, which was the right thing to do".

Accidentally not paying £3m in tax due to a complex arrangement of offshore accounts, it’s easily done. Let’s all just move on shall we?

Link

I agree with the last part, paying what is due when caught is considered the best thing to do especially as the alternative tends to be jail.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Trouble is, when a company you state has nothing to do with you has shares held by a company that has nothing to do with you, and they give you a gift that is nothing to do with sales income or shares income, it’s easy to inadvertently not pay millions in tax.

Who amongst us hasn’t fallen in to the same silly confusing accidental trap?

Thief.

Liar.

Tory scum.

1) Get the tax money - tick

2) Get him sacked 

3) Get him arrested

4) Get him charged

5) Send him to jail

Hopefully we can at least see him get to number 4).

• Like 2

This explains why the reporting of this story was handled delicately 

The Conservative Party chairman Nadhim Zahawi tried to stop The Independent exposing that he was being investigated over his tax affairs by threatening to sue if we published.

Mr Zahawi, who was chancellor at the time, repeatedly said he had paid “all due taxes” and would take legal action if we reported that he had been investigated.

Link

All above board and just another accidental oversight I'm sure.

To be honest it's always a bit of a relief when a fraudulent / money-stealing Tory outs themselves as such, because it means that's their vice and it's less likely that they are one of the sex crime Tories. 

Because they're obviously going to be one or the other.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

All above board and just another accidental oversight I'm sure.

To be honest it's always a bit of a relief when a fraudulent / money-stealing Tory outs themselves as such, because it means that's their vice and it's less likely that they are one of the sex crime Tories. 

Because they're obviously going to be one or the other.

It’s only a matter of time until we find out one ticks both boxes.

18 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Also if we are going to be doing things like Sweden now I'm really looking forward to the changes in child care costs.

It's so disingenuous to cherry pick one thing from another nation and say "well it works there" without considering the eco system that one policy sits within. 

• Like 4

Re Johnson / Sharp £800k. Their power is so entrenched they're barely even bothering to hide the brazen corruption, self-dealing, conflict of interests any more. I really hope there is some legal consequences for all this down the line but, who am I kidding.

In case you're wondering, this is the BBC's response

• Like 1

Â