The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

These strikes are disgraceful.

My mom had an important operation cancelled a month ago which was rearranged for this week and has now been told it can't go ahead because they can't be certain all the staff will be in place due to the train strikes and it's been delayed by another month.

My heart goes out to you mate - i highlighted this issue above.

The problem is that once you or someone you love has been seriously affected by the strike all sense of reason will understandably go out the window. It's like asking someone who's relative has been murdered what they think about bringing back the death penalty (an extreme case, I know). You're less likely to get reasoned and balanced opinions.

It's terrible that people are missing hospital appointments and other things that are very urgent and you have all my sympathy (fwiw) but the right to withhold your labour in the event that your rights are under attack is an important principal that should be celebrated and protected. I'm sure if my hospital treatment today was cancelled I would be rightly pretty upset but I don't think it would all be directed at the strikers. The government, network rail bosses and the hospitals themselves have a lot to answer for in that situation (there are other ways for doctors to get around after all).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

The problem is that once you or someone you love has been seriously affected by the strike all sense of reason will understandably go out the window. It's like asking someone who's relative has been murdered what they think about bringing back the death penalty (an extreme case, I know). You're less likely to get reasoned and balanced opinions.

It's terrible that people are missing hospital appointments and other things that are very urgent and you have all my sympathy (fwiw) but the right to withhold your labour in the event that your rights are under attack is an important principal that should be celebrated and protected. I'm sure if my hospital treatment today was cancelled I would be rightly pretty upset but I don't think it would all be directed at the strikers. The government, network rail bosses and the hospitals themselves have a lot to answer for in that situation (there are other ways for doctors to get around after all).

Alot of valid arguments there. But on the other hand if you had to do what i and so many others are doing in cancellation TCIs (ops) because there is a shortage of staff and listening to elderly people crying its not just people you know, its just a very sad situation. I really feel for these people. What can i say to them other than apologise and give them the next available slot (we have no capacity so its going to take ages for these poor souls)

Im annoyed at all the parties you mention, but im holding the unions responsible too. This is a very severe  strike and it looks like they wont be getting what they want anyway. So whats it achieved for them? Would the unions be striking if it was their mother, father, son or daughter in these positions?

Last night you were asking why they don't strike for 1 day instead of 3. There'd still be cancelled ops, you'd still be complaining, and they'd be even less likely to achieve their goals

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Alot of valid arguments there. But on the other hand if you had to do what i and so many others are doing in cancellation TCIs (ops) because there is a shortage of staff and listening to elderly people crying its not just people you know, its just a very sad situation. I really feel for these people. What can i say to them other than apologise and give them the next available slot (we have no capacity so its going to take ages for these poor souls)

Im annoyed at all the parties you mention, but im holding the unions responsible too. This is a very severe  strike and it looks like they wont be getting what they want anyway. So whats it achieved for them? Would the unions be striking if it was their mother, father, son or daughter in these positions?

Statistically, there absolutely will be many on strike that have relatives and loved one in that situation Dem. As for being annoyed at all the parties, there's only one party that's let this situation get to this, and they're also the only party that can solve this situation. Be annoyed at them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Last night you were asking why they don't strike for 1 day instead of 3. There'd still be cancelled ops, you'd still be complaining, and they'd be even less likely to achieve their goals

I swear you just argue with me for the sake of it. Literally every post i make you have a issue with it

• Haha 1

If only the dockyard workers in Gdansk hadn't inconvenienced everyone and striked back to 1980, Russia wouldn't have had a reason to invade Ukraine this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Statistically, there absolutely will be many on strike that have relatives and loved one in that situation Dem. As for being annoyed at all the parties, there's only one party that's let this situation get to this, and they're also the only party that can solve this situation. Be annoyed at them.

Yeah stan i have already said in the post im annoyed with this shit government i hold them accountable, but as stated i find the way in this strikes been done and how much chaos its causing as my grievance.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Nothing personal, I just think you're wrong about everything. 

Nothing personal "but your wrong about everything"

Sounds pretty personal and offensive too me. Its pretty sad to be honest

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Unless of course, you are wrong about that too :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I mean

you continue to complain that the strikes are impacting people when it’s been explained many times that that’s literally the point of them. 

Â