The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Most people in work isnt it? Or that could be another regular lie.

And here ‘lies’ the problem, they tell so many lies that it’s hard to know what’s real and what isn’t and then we expect people to understand that too. It’s hard enough for people switched on to it, let alone people who aren’t. It’s deliberate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ml1dch said:

"Drawing a line under all this" latest:

I full expect the photo/video evidence Sue Gray has will make it look like Boris taking part in a year long uni Freshers week

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

I full expect the photo/video evidence Sue Gray has will make it look like Boris taking part in a year long uni Freshers week

I really don’t expect that report will ever see the light of day. They’ve done everything in their power to delay it’s publication so far. If it’s half as bad as they’re saying they’ll find any reason possible not to release.

43 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I really don’t expect that report will ever see the light of day. They’ve done everything in their power to delay it’s publication so far. If it’s half as bad as they’re saying they’ll find any reason possible not to release.

I think the only reason for it not to come out would be if Boris has already gone by the point its releasable. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I think the only reason for it not to come out would be if Boris has already gone by the point its releasable. 

That's the only reason it will be released. To be honest, the Sue Gray report is somewhat irrelevant now the Police are investigating and issuing fines.

If we're on about buried reports, I'd much rather they released the Russia Report but that won't be happening this side of the next apocalypse

• Like 3

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

I don't think that's politically all that sustainable.

Given it would be in the context of a poor local elections performance and the continued drip, drip of further fines and revelations saying that they weren't going to release the report would look worse than whatever the report said.

Not releasing it escalates, not deescalates the story. And you'd imagine that it would probably find its way into the open anyway, giving them the worst of both worlds.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Given it would be in the context of a poor local elections performance and the continued drip, drip of further fines and revelations saying that they weren't going to release the report would look worse than whatever the report said.

Not releasing it escalates, not deescalates the story. And you'd imagine that it would probably find its way into the open anyway, giving them the worst of both worlds.

However releasing the report escalates the story too. It's a tough spot to be in. It's lucky they got all the big calls right, can you imagine how bad things could be for them if they didn't?

18 hours ago, bickster said:

Right so what are the Tories up to today because as much as lots of things aren't dead cats, this one's flesh is falling off the bones

Labour falling for it hook line and sinker though

This is classic 1980s Student Union politics, quick say something obviously sexist to get the lefties jumping up and down, worked every time then and it appears to be working to this day.

I mean its actually got Angela Rayner thanking Johnson for sticking up for her.

Sometimes the Labour Party are so predictable

I'll wager Conservative Central Office are absolutely pissing themselves laughing

This 

6 hours ago, ml1dch said:

They’re very much caught between a rock and a hard place on it. If they believe that the details are so bad that it’ll destroy them then they won’t release it. There’s likely to be a vote in parliament to force its release which would be a de facto no confidence vote.

I feel like they’re arrogant enough that they if they delay and delay it’ll blunt the anger in the public and on their own backbenches where they could try and control its release.

Dont forget these are the people that lied to the monarch in order to illegally prorogue parliament. They think they’re untouchable.

8 hours ago, Straggler said:

However releasing the report escalates the story too. It's a tough spot to be in. It's lucky they got all the big calls right, can you imagine how bad things could be for them if they didn't?

Wait, what?!

We have been blighted with graffiti of the conspiracy variety in Stafford over the past couple of years, 5g, masks are muzzles. Bonkers shit. This appeared this week and I endorse this message. It's opposite the exit to Asda. It's no "boil Thatcher" but as Stafford are slow to act on graffiti, it should linger for years  IMG_25042022_204507_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg.6666879f19ff4934329014ef08e708d4.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

We have been blighted with graffiti of the conspiracy variety in Stafford over the past couple of years, 5g, masks are muzzles. Bonkers shit. This appeared this week and I endorse this message. It's opposite the exit to Asda. It's no "boil Thatcher" but as Stafford are slow to act on graffiti, it should linger for years  IMG_25042022_204507_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg.6666879f19ff4934329014ef08e708d4.jpg

I blame Thatcher for the bad grammar

• Like 2

Â