The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

It’ll be interesting what the question is.

Several Tory MP’s have said he should be allowed to get on with the job, but that doesn’t mean they don’t think he lied to them.

If they are asked outright if he lied they have to confirm whether they think he’s a liar or an idiot.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If they are asked outright if he lied they have to confirm whether they think he’s a liar or an idiot.

They won't be. It's whether the Procedure and Privileges Committee should be asked to make a judgement. They can easily just go with "we don't think this a matter that needs to be looked at".

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

They won't be. It's whether the Procedure and Privileges Committee should be asked to make a judgement. They can easily just go with "we don't think this a matter that needs to be looked at".

It depends on the question doesn’t it?

If MP’s are asked (as per the tweet) “do you believe Boris Johnson misled the commons over Downing Street parties” then they have to choose between liar or moron.

If they are asked whether it needs to be referred for investigation they can (and probably will) say no.

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

It depends on the question doesn’t it?

If MP’s are asked (as per the tweet) “do you believe Boris Johnson misled the commons over Downing Street parties” then they have to choose between liar or moron.

But they're not going to be asked that. They're going to be asked whether the matter should be looked at by the committee with the (hypothetical) power to censure him. And the Commons will vote "no, it shouldn't". 

Does this vote only concern the fine he has received so far?

What happens if the tories vote in his favour, then next week he’s fined again (and again) or there’s a picture of him wearing a party hat, booze in hand, ABBA LP in the background with his other hand helpfully pointing to a calendar at the correct date? Do they have another vote?

Edited by Mark Albrighton

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Does this vote only concern the fine he has received so far?

What happens if the tories vote in his favour, then next week he’s fined again (and again) or there’s a picture of him wearing a party hat, booze in hand, ABBA LP in the background with his other hand helpfully pointing to a calendar at the correct date? Do they have another vote?

I don’t think it’s about the fine directly, just about his general conduct in the commons and about being honest and transparent.

If he gets away with a vote this week then more keeps coming out of the woodwork then it’ll make him and everyone backing him look even worse.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Boris got the big calls right though, or was this one of the things he wasn’t aware of or wasn’t involved with?

He'll still be stating this absolute horse crap when we're in a full blown recession. It'll be someone else's fault, like always. 

• Like 1

MPs highlighting how Rwanda has poor human rights laws, and how we actually receive Rwandan refugees therefore it cannot possibly be a safe country

Patel: "You're all xenophobes"

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

god priti patel really is repulsive isn't she.

morally anyway...still think she's fit.

She is horrible, she and the other cronies that sit at the top table are the worst in my lifetime, they are beyond repulsive and some of them are bloody evil in my opinion. I would absolutely destroy the b***h if I could get in the same room as her.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

god priti patel really is repulsive isn't she.

morally anyway...still think she's fit.

I was gonna write a post about your first sentence.

She speaks to people like they are pieces of shit. Its no surprise whatsoever there are so many noises about bullying.

• Like 3

Â