The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not sure what the answer is, don' think it's this. But when our local 5 star hotel, (amongst many others) where my pal got married is now closed, full of asylum seekers, there is something seriously wrong.

Your local 5 star hotel is obviously better at housing refugees than being a 5 Star Hotel. The government haven’t come along and commandeered the hotel. They’ll be getting paid and refugees obviously pays more

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Your local 5 star hotel is obviously better at housing refugees than being a 5 Star Hotel. The government haven’t come along and commandeered the hotel. They’ll be getting paid and refugees obviously pays more

I wouldn't say better, just guaranteed income I guess, don't make it right though does it.

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The template for a prison and a hotel is remarkably similar.

The main differential is the food and the furnishings, the quality of your neighbours, and liberty.

And they both have bars….

could you have the porter fetch my coat?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Do you think they are getting 5 Star service?

Its a building, it’s houses people who have travelled across the world to flee a desperate situation.

I don’t get what isn’t right?

Are you jumping on the political bandwagon cause you want a reaction, like want me to hate on refugees? Or did you misunderstand me. I'm saying it shouldn't have closed down to house refugees, it was a nice Hotel, Leisure center and wedding venue.

The owners would rather take a guaranteed income, that's up to them, but I don't agree it's right.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Are you jumping on the political bandwagon cause you want a reaction, like want me to hate on refugees? Or did you misunderstand me. I'm saying it shouldn't have closed down to house refugees, it was a nice Hotel, Leisure center and wedding venue.

The owners would rather take a guaranteed income, that's up to them, but I don't agree it's right.

Ah ok, so it WAS a nice hotel but it isn't now because it houses those dirty refugees. You're the only one jumping on a political bandwagon and it's the same one that Boris Johnson is riding.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jones1328 said:

Ah ok, so it WAS a nice hotel but it isn't now because it houses those dirty refugees. 

More because it's not open to guests anymore, so literally isn't a hotel, I imagine.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No good hotels are housing refugees to be honest. 

There are plenty other better hotels out there. 

Personally I think offering hotels that aren’t making enough money a guaranteed income to house refugees is the very definition of killing two birds with one stone isn’t it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not sure what the answer is, don' think it's this. But when our local 5 star hotel, (amongst many others) where my pal got married is now closed, full of asylum seekers, there is something seriously wrong.

I believe Serco, Mears Group and Clearsprings, three private companies, make an awful lot of money putting asylum seekers up in these places and charging us for the pleasure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah defo, but so would 99% of the homeless.

Homelessness is more complicated than people tend to realise, and rehoming a refugee is easier - lots to go into, but we need to do more to support homeless people and that starts with understanding why that person was homeless in the first place. That’s where the road to recovery starts. 

Happy to chat about this in DMs if anybody is interested in hearing more.

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Like 2

Really not sure what the problem is with this “refugees in hotels” thing.

I remember there was some noise around a hotel on the A38 in Bromsgrove near where I work because they’d decided to house asylum seekers. There were grammatically suspect leaflets put through peoples doors “informing” them and I remember seeing a video (might have even been posted on VT) of a far right bellend walking the corridors of the hotel knocking on doors telling the refugees to “enjoy their stay at my expense”. Pretty shameful stuff.

Really not sure what the upset is here. If the hotel had been fully booked out with “regular” guests it would be perfectly fine. The argument that “it’s not a hotel anymore” is kind of a crap as well. What’s the problem?

• Like 3

Â