Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

Obviously I wouldn't want any violence or threat of violence attached to it but look teams like Dortmund and St Pauli, all about the atmosphere.

European games are embarrassing when you have foreign fans bouncing and singing for 90 minutes in the away end while the English home fans just sit there in silence unless they have a chance on goal.

The atmosphere at English games is shit

That's what I'm saying.

I was agreeing, I have been lucky enough to go to Dortmund and I have also been in the San Siro for a milan derby which was amazing. Best atmosphere I have ever sampled was Arris Thessaloniki (think I spelt that right) That will never be beaten in my lifetime, they are totally radio rental

• Like 1

Yup a right bunch of tossers how dare they try and create an atmosphere! Looks like a jobsworth bunch of stewards to me. If you don't want to stand or sing and want to sit there moaning all match go into the Doug Ellis please. Why go into the Holte to sit?

The game vs Birmingham the whole ground looked to have stood throughout the match. It looked and sounded amazing on TV. A proper atmosphere. 

Ridiculous.

So you don't think people should be allowed to be in the Holte if they don't plan to stand all game. Utter nonsense. I've been a season ticket holder in the Upper Holte for years and me and the people around me stay seated for most of the time, whilst also singing at the top of our voices. Obviously we stand occasionally, like everyone, when there's a near-miss or a chance in the opposite corner, but when you're surrounded by a mixture of people, including children and old people, it's inconsiderate to stand all game unless you've been specifically told 'this is the standing section'.

So you sit down and sing? Do you sit down when you take a piss as well?

I would never take children or grandparents into The Holte. I understand this is where the 'lads' and hardcore support go so I'd much rather be in a family orientated stand. 

I disagree with the treatment of this Brigada lot but can anyone tell what game of note they've created an atmosphere?? They've been going for a few years and all I see is them clapping along like some demented seals. They shouldn't be down the front as if they do stand it's noticeable and immediately disrupts people who sit behind them. The Holte End has been a lot louder in the past so why do they actually need a special group or block to be the so called chear leaders? I grew up standing in the Holte but now mainly sit in the Doug Ellis and from there any noise from the Holte tends to come from the back upstairs where the acoustics are a lot better. Personally I think these lot just want the attention and noterity. I support the idea of getting more of an atmosphere into the ground I just think they go about this the wrong and are now definitely trying to get people to pick sides. It is illegal to stand permanently during a game but we have all done it standing to make a point is stupid. So supporting your team isn't a crime but permanently standing is!! The last thing we need st the minute is a group creating a divisive atmosphere so either support the team or leave your seats empty to protest. 

If you watch the video earlier in the thread they sing "stand up if you love Villa" and the Holte follows them...so I disagree about them not initiating chants.  

congratulations on the one chant! It's also a song everyone knows and can join in. How many sang supporting your club is not a crime?? Unsurprisingly people tend to join in songs they know. We have loads to chose from why not try singing them more? 

Yup a right bunch of tossers how dare they try and create an atmosphere! Looks like a jobsworth bunch of stewards to me. If you don't want to stand or sing and want to sit there moaning all match go into the Doug Ellis please. Why go into the Holte to sit?

The game vs Birmingham the whole ground looked to have stood throughout the match. It looked and sounded amazing on TV. A proper atmosphere. 

Ridiculous.

So you don't think people should be allowed to be in the Holte if they don't plan to stand all game. Utter nonsense. I've been a season ticket holder in the Upper Holte for years and me and the people around me stay seated for most of the time, whilst also singing at the top of our voices. Obviously we stand occasionally, like everyone, when there's a near-miss or a chance in the opposite corner, but when you're surrounded by a mixture of people, including children and old people, it's inconsiderate to stand all game unless you've been specifically told 'this is the standing section'.

So you sit down and sing? Do you sit down when you take a piss as well?

I would never take children or grandparents into The Holte. I understand this is where the 'lads' and hardcore support go so I'd much rather be in a family orientated stand. 

Bit harsh! But now your asking, I sometimes sit down to take a piss especially if I fancy 5 mins peace from the loved ones or a tom tit as well. I have also been known to ward off evil spirits with the kind of screeching only demon cats can carry out when in full swing. Nothing wrong with it?! :mellow: 

The whole 'lads and hardcore' is a load of bollocks as there is very seldom any grief in there these days. It's very much a family stand unless a derby evening which can be a little intimidating for the little ones I admit.

My old man always used to stand in the Holte during the 60's,70's and 80's and as soon as I was 7 I was dragged down there every other week with him, and loved it trying to get in middle of the 'mad square' as we called it, even though me and my mates couldn't see a thing unless we were getting bunked up on somebody's shoulders. Some of the best days of my life as a nipper were getting jumped all over in the Holte by big burly geezers.

My own kids were brought up in the Holte as I am sure their children will be if blessed as it is and always will be for everyone claret and blue whether you sit, stand or piss in the most unorthodox position.  

Bit embarrassed reading some of the criticism of Brigada in this thread to be honest. I'm a Trinity-side Holte End season ticket holder, and Brigada have massively improved the atmosphere around me. There have been occasions where the rest of the Holte End has been silent through poor performances, but Brigada have continued to support the team. Blackpool at home last season is an example I like to use, because I recall the rest of the Holte End booing the team, while Brigada sung for the players. The players not only celebrated in front of Brigada, but went over to applaud them at the end of the game too. They help the team.

It's very disappointing that some of you see Brigada as anything other than an attempt to improve the Holte End experience. Their banners, displays and general showing of support for the team is second to none for such a small group. If the club embraced them, I'm sure they could enhance our support 10 fold. You only need to look as far as South London, at Crystal Palace to see what a difference Ultra groups can make - that Palace team feeds off their support.

Also, those of you describing the group as 'yobs' or 'hooligans', I'd love to see you explain why you think this.

download.jpg

ABvAp.jpg

Edited by GreavesAV
  • Like 3

I'm the opposite, I think it's embarrassing when we're losing at home to any old shit (again) and you've got 30 blokes pissed up waving their shoes in the air singing about us winning the European cup

And that **** gabby agbonlahor wonder wall song...

I'd guess most on here haven't had the displeasure of hearing that song because that one of about seven songs that they sing in their own little world

• Like 1

Anyone been to an Aris game? 

Yes I have and as I posted earlier I will never beat that experience in my life. I'd love to see the holte end like that but Mr health and safety would never allow it!

• Like 1

I'm the opposite, I think it's embarrassing when we're losing at home to any old shit (again) and you've got 30 blokes pissed up waving their shoes in the air singing about us winning the European cup

And that **** gabby agbonlahor wonder wall song...

I'd guess most on here haven't had the displeasure of hearing that song because that one of about seven songs that they sing in their own little world

Possibly the most crotchety post I've read in a while.

Supporting a football team involves chants, it involves supporting the team through thick and thin (a lot of thin lately) and if you don't like that then you're better off watching it on TV at home. With the sound off. In the dark. Mumbling about those pesky kids with their skateboards.

Â