No Man's Sky

hogso

I had a day the other day where it crashed literally every time I hit the Options menu, but that was also the day where the servers were getting smashed so it was constantly in a state of online/offline/connecting which may have been to blame. That said aside from that not too many crashes which considering I have about 52 hours played and it's only been out about 70 hours thus far isn't too bad.

I've had quite a few (20 odd) but they tend to come in bunches. Restarting the PS4 seems to calm this down.

Found an even better way of getting 100% on planets which may be broken:

Spoiler

Uploading the ones with no fauna (ie no animals to discover) counts towards the explorer achievement. When you land and there are no animals just hover over the 100% complete, 0 credits reward box and hold down x. 

A few Screenshots of my adventures:

Some people have described me as a giant golden c*ck. Having found such a thing I'm happy to report I look nothing like one:5q6eTLi

img_0121r.jpg

Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea:

img_0120 (1).jpg

I've named a planet in honour of Chindie as I don't think he's going to play this:

img_0119 (1).jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RunRickyRun said:

I've named a planet in honour of Chindie as I don't think he's going to play this:

img_0119 (1).jpg

Hahahaha! 

I've seen a planet with gold pillars like that, shame I couldn't take loads

Still no crashes for me. 

No crashes for me either but I did upgrade my hard drive recently to 2TB so I don't know if that helps. 

Only issue I've had is a couple of times when launching my ship from the surface of the planet I'm on it launched me all the way into orbit, which was a bit weird and annoying.

Enjoying it so far though. Pretty laid back gameplay but it's very welcome. Not sure how long I'll play but for now I'm totally engrossed. Constantly hearing 'No more space in inventory,' though. Definitely need to hurry up and get more storage. Is there anywhere you can store stuff? Like a home base?

Also, and it's not really a thing, but the milestones annoy me in that when they pop they interrupt your interactivity with the world and last too long. Just bugs me in that it could have been a little less in your face and messes with my flow.

Edited by Ginko

12 hours ago, Ginko said:

Only issue I've had is a couple of times when launching my ship from the surface of the planet I'm on it launched me all the way into orbit, which was a bit weird and annoying. 

That's happened to me a couple of times too, I actually thought it was good cos I wanted to go in to orbit! Wasn't sure if I'd pressed some button combo that made it happen, or if it was a glitch. 

Bases are coming apparently, not sure how they'd work though seeing as the nature of the game is to keep moving...unless you tow it? 

Agree with the achievements journey thing, wish you could turn it off 

One thing I did just notice, though you guys may already know it and I'm being slow, or it could be specific to this ship perhaps since I've upgraded from my starter, but...

I think that one storage block in your ship is equal to two on your suit, i.e.

If I'm carrying a fully 'charged' (for want of a better word) block of iron on my suit, if I transfer that to my ship it only takes up half a charged storage block on my ship, meaning I can put two fully charged iron storage blocks from my suit and it only takes up one fully charged storage block on my ship.

Or maybe I'm just going crazy, I dunno. Seems to work that way for me. It would make sense though given your ship is always going to be a lot roomier than your suit.

Edited by Ginko

Just bought this on Steam to try it out and it's a really nice game. Will wait until it's under £20 and will refund it for now but if they can keep supporting the game with updates then it would be a lot better. There is a lot of potential to the game. 

Yeah, elements stack to 250 in your suit, and to 500 on the ship. So it's always a good idea to land your ship near a good mining opportunity, which I seem to have gotten the knack of now - landing the ship next to what I want, I mean. 

I've also been sacrificing upgrade slots so I can carry more stock for trade, not sure how good an idea that is really...soon find out if I get smashed by pirates I guess. 

Edited by hogso

Yup, same. I've only tried to take on pirates once and got obliterated. Are there upgrades you can do to your ship that auto-fire on enemies or asteroids? I think I remember reading that on an item description somewhere but haven't tried it out yet.

I've been frustrated because I keep coming across locked doors and haven't got my Atlas V1 Pass yet. I thought I might have accidentally missed out on it but turns out I'm being too thorough on the planets I explore.

After circa 15 hours of play I've only made the jump into hyperspace once. Apparently you need to do it a couple of times before unlocking the mission marker.

Edited by Ginko

Mine's only crashed twice to be fair, once just on a planet and the other in a space station... No real reason for it to happen.

I think for an alpha release that cost £45 it does seem to have happened to me and others a few too many times.

But, it is amazing, I'm loving it. I've waited for a game like this since I was a kid.

Couple of points from above 

Spoiler

I found a happy medium for dogfighting and inventory space by only upgrading the phase beam and dismantling the photon cannon upgrades. The photo cannon targeting is bugged for me. If you stack 3 or 4 upgrades together so the synergise then it's plenty enough firepower. Always have some full stacks of oxides - iron, titanium etc so you can replenish your shields mid fight. 

Your're not missing much with the V1 Atlas pass except some handy inventory space upgrades. You don't get them from blueprints as far as I can tell.

Just been offered a ship for 45 million units. Yeah, no thanks.

Will be very interested to pick this up in a year or so's time on PC - There is so much potential for modding.

I don't understand distress signals. Every time I've reached one it just seems to be a floating icon that I can't interact with. Any tips?

Also, does anyone know where I obtain an Atlas Key?

I had the same issue with the Atlas Key. You have to progress the storyline along and jump into hyperspace about three times and follow the Atlas markers. Eventually you'll get the V1 key if you keep following the mission markers.

As for your distress beacon issues, I've been to a few and not had any issues with them like you're describing.

Edited by Ginko

Â