No Man's Sky

hogso

Well, I followed the waypoints to the 'Atlus Interface' which gave me uh...couple of Warp Cells and something else? But the next waypoint was an anomaly, not too far away, which bagged me the V1 Pass. Have you been to the first Atlus Interface yet? I'm sure I read that you're guarenteed the pass blueprint if you follow the waypoints to the anomaly - or indeed stumble upon one yourself. But at the very least if you follow the, ahem, 'story', you will defo get it. I'd make it a priority too, as being able to open up the left hand door at space stations to increase your exosuit inventory space really opens your options up when mining/scavanging.

22 hours ago, hogso said:

Having just bought my first ship (I upgraded via crashed ones before), and getting an additional 6 inventory slots in the process, the next planet I land on is littered with Sac Venom and Albumen Pearls. They are literally everywhere. I've done one run so far which bagged me about 10 of them, sold them all for nearly 250k at the nearby space station. A small issue is that with all the sentinals coming for me (I tend to grab three, kill the sentinals, and repeat) the loot they're dropping is filling up slots and I kinda wanna keep some of it...but most I dispose of to make room for more bounty.

Also, on the trip back to the space station I'm quite the target for pirates, which is highly irritating. If I could find a trade post on the planet too, that would be perfect...think I'm going to be spending quite some time there.

Still on this planet - it's great. I'll have to cap some pearl farming and upload it. It's actually a lot of fun, cracking open 5 or 6 of them, then grabbing them all as the sentinals appear, jumping in the ship, then landing at the outpost to sell them all...rinse and repeat. I think I will be able to hit 5mil pretty easy doing this in a few hours of play, and that'll be enough to keep me happy for more exosuit upgrades, and in case a really fancy ship comes along.

I also found that, as my pirate problem still occurs when my hold is full of the good stuff, if you get them to follow you to the planets surface they are really easy to pick off. My ship sucks in regards to fire power and shields, but I can take 4/5 out in a matter of minutes without breaking much of a sweat. It must confuse the AI not being able to zoom around everywhere or something.

Edited by hogso

I

22 minutes ago, hogso said:

Well, I followed the waypoints to the 'Atlus Interface' which gave me uh...couple of Warp Cells and something else? But the next waypoint was an anomaly, not too far away, which bagged me the V1 Pass. Have you been to the first Atlus Interface yet? I'm sure I read that you're guarenteed the pass blueprint if you follow the waypoints to the anomaly - or indeed stumble upon one yourself. But at the very least if you follow the, ahem, 'story', you will defo get it. I'd make it a priority too, as being able to open up the left hand door at space stations to increase your exosuit inventory space really opens your options up when mining/scavanging.

Still on this planet - it's great. I'll have to cap some pearl farming and upload it. It's actually a lot of fun, cracking open 5 or 6 of them, then grabbing them all as the sentinals appear, jumping in the ship, then landing at the outpost to sell them all...rinse and repeat. I think I will be able to hit 5mil pretty easy doing this in a few hours of play, and that'll be enough to keep me happy for more exosuit upgrades, and in case a really fancy ship comes along.

I also found that, as my pirate problem still occurs when my hold is full of the good stuff, if you get them to follow you to the planets surface they are really easy to pick off. My ship sucks in regards to fire power and shields, but I can take 4/5 out in a matter of minutes without breaking much of a sweat. It must confuse the AI not being able to zoom around everywhere or something.

Ah, It sounds as though i've been following the wrong path. I've been following the one that I assume eventually leads to the center of the Universe.

Looks like I need to make a detour...

@Designer1 Yeah, you might need to go back a few systems and scan for the Atlas interface. I'm having trouble finding the v2 now. I've heard it's a blueprint you pick up from any random alien you encounter planet side but all I get is tech upgrades I've already learned.

@Ingram85 I've been to a couple of 'paradise planets', usually they're quite rich in gold nodes I've found but plenty of other less hospitable planets have a lot of resources too.

Pearl farming on the planet I mentioned, accrued a little over 400k for this run, which didn't take much more than 5 mins, right next to the outpost with a trade terminal inside. 

The other side of the outpost, just down the slope to the left at the start of the video, is covered with sac venom. Not quite as lucrative as the pearls, but easier to find. Still aiming for 5mil before I leave the system for good. 

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Anyone seen any planets that look like the trailers? Lovely blue lakes, beaches, lush red forests and huge dinosaur like animals? 

No one has, not like the trailers anyway. The trailers are of a build 2 years old and all of that was scrapped for some reason in the last 6 months, which didn't stop them using that footage of course. The remnants are planets that come close but never as densely populated, no forests, no rivers, no lakes.. There is a post on Reddit of all the features that were in the game 2 years ago that aren't in the final release, I will try to find it. It's an interestingly depressing read and one that brings up question about if we as customers were lied to.

No Man's Sky.. Lies and Deception.

So it's been a week, and it seems like people are realizing that there's a bunch of stuff we were told would be in the game, but isn't. There have been posts and comments here and there talking about it, and giving examples. A few days ago, I decided to dive into the information repository myself, collect as much as I could manage, and put it all in one place. This is mostly a response to the prevailing notion that we hyped ourselves into believing something that wasn't true from the get go. Some definitely have, and we all know the reputation this game's community has gotten. But really, many of us were just going on what we'd been told, and we'd been told a lot of things that didn't end up being true.

I broke everything down into categories. Beside each missing feature there's links to the YouTube video it's talked about/shown in, and all links are to the relevant time in the video. Bolded links lead to information from just four months ago. Besides that, I've pulled a relevant quote that sums up the subject, and when none was available (usually because it's from a trailer,) I've added a short comment. Beneath the categories is extra info, and a comment trying to put things into the context of the game we have. There is more than all of this, I know, but this is what I could find. All information linked is either from the horse's mouth, or official marketing material...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

No one has, not like the trailers anyway. The trailers are of a build 2 years old and all of that was scrapped for some reason in the last 6 months, ......

No Man's Sky.. Lies and Deception.

Wow, that's an interesting yet depressing read. Almost puts NMS on a similar mantle to Aliens:CM in terms of bait and switch. Very depressed at that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Wow, that's an interesting yet depressing read. Almost puts NMS on a similar mantle to Aliens:CM in terms of bait and switch. Very depressed at that.

Yeah. I mean unlike Aliens: CM what is left of NMS is still a fun experience, but knowing what the game could have been is a huge disappointment.

I am hoping that a lot of their post-launch update plans are to slowly add in a lot of this stuff, but I would then have to question why it was removed in the first place if only to be added back in.

Watched the Angry Joe review video of this game and am very glad I didn't pick it up.

Seems that there was a hell of a lot that was supposed to be in this game that has been completely ripped out. He uses the phrase "as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle"....

Link here if anyone is interested...

It's very much like a beta (you could even suggest an alpha given the bug issues, especially on PC) of a full game, or one of those Steam Greenlit games. Like I said earlier, it's never a full price game. Fortunately I had £30 of Amazon vouchers from work, and really wanted to experience if first hand, so used them for this. Whether or not the proposed future updates of base building, cargo ship owning, and something that 'changes the objective of the game' will make it worth the full price, I'm not convinced. Whether or not they will be free updates is also under question now, it seems.

I look at the Gamescom ~1 hour gameplay video of Star Citizen and wonder how Sony have the cheek to push this as hard as they have. SC is not only massive, but the attention to detail is just insane. Properly mental. Although if you were to suggest that given the time and amount of updates SC has had, if NMS has the same it could evolve in to a similar beast, or at least a more entertaining one, I may agree. Like I said though, I'm not convinced...

Saw a video at the weekend of someone returning to their ship having explored a bit planetside, only to see it fly off. No one seems to know if this was a bug, or if it was multiplayer in effect and another player has nicked the ship and all the resources :lol:

I am enjoying it though. I made it to 5mil on that planet and have now left, on my way to the next waypoint with my hyperdrive unit charged to 100%, and bags a resources for future jumps. Just want a blueprint to extend jump range now.

Patch 1.05 is out too, it's just bug fixes apparently, most specifically the duplicate resources on death glitch, although I never actually used that. Hopefully it fixes mining Gold too, which certainly seems broken since the last patch.

Found a planet with a huge abundance of crystallised resources on the surface and loads of gravitino balls. The sentinels are set at frenzied, have got up to 80 killed and 2m units in about 90 minutes. Also died about seven or eight times. 

I'm not surprised. I put 160 hours into this game because I set myself the goal of completing the Atlas quest, getting the Platinum trophy, maxing my ship, maxing my suit and getting to the center of the Galaxy. I was only truly having fun for the first 30 hours yet I know many people are not as stubborn as I am and just quit when the magic died, I don't blame them for that either as this game was sold on dozens of lies and is rather lacking as a game. 

Must admit, I'm losing interest lately. Doesn't help I spent two hours yesterday trying to get the Atlas v2 or v3 Pass and finding a crashed ship with more storage than my current vessel and finding absolutely nothing on either front.

16 hours ago, Daweii said:

I'm not surprised. I put 160 hours into this game because I set myself the goal of completing the Atlas quest, getting the Platinum trophy, maxing my ship, maxing my suit and getting to the center of the Galaxy. I was only truly having fun for the first 30 hours yet I know many people are not as stubborn as I am and just quit when the magic died, I don't blame them for that either as this game was sold on dozens of lies and is rather lacking as a game. 

Has the game even been released for 160 hours?

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Has the game even been released for 160 hours?

It's been out about 180 hours maybe a few hours more than that. Yes I know it's stupid that in the last 8 going on 9 days since launch on PS4 I have only slept about 20 hours, but it's not down to an unhealthy gaming obsession. I have severe insomnia currently to the point where it was either play this which felt worthwhile or zombie out doing something else incredibly badly. I sleep in short bursts like 2 hours here, 3 hours there.. For every 36 hours awake I will manage to get about 2-3 hours sleep. Normally I just mong about doing work related things but I'm in between work projects right now so I had very little else to do. 

19 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

What happens at the center of the universe? I bet it's underwhelming.

Spoiler

More underwhelming than you can imagine. 

You can't get to the center of the universe. You can get to the center of the galaxy you spawn in, but when you arrive at the center the camera pans out shows you all the star systems you could have gone to. It then swipes the camera left says "New Galaxy Discovered" and at that point it zooms you down to a planet, you are then next to a crashed ship and you do it all again. 

I shit you not that is the ending of the game if your goal is to get to the center.

There is no center of the universe as there is no universe just 256-galaxies that are all the same as the one you start in. There are no new alien races in the next galaxy. No new blueprints to collect. No new ships. Nothing, you just start next to a crashed ship as if you are a new player.

Oh there is one change. While the starting galaxy has a white light guiding you to the center. The new galaxy has a magenta light.. So after what may be 100+ hours of warping to get to the center the only reward is getting to start again and a new colour galaxy every time.

Great right? <_<

• Like 1

Â