No Man's Sky

hogso

36 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I read that you can't even see other people in the game, which sounds super lame to me. I'll give this one a miss.

I don't know if it's been officially confirmed, but the suggestion has been that it's been turned off as the servers are unable to cope with the amount of players online at the same time at the moment.

I haven't got the blueprint yet, so can't comment on the crafting of it, but you could always buy it? 

Only just realised today that you can 'upload' your discoveries on the 'pause' menu :lol: swimming in credits! 

Also found that that's where you rename things, so had some fun with that too. 

I also just used the hyperdrive for the first time, and the galaxy next to me had already been discovered, so players can't be that far apart. 

4 hours ago, DK82 said:

I'm having trouble crafting antimatter. I've done everything I need to, but when I select to craft it doesn't show as something I can craft. Any suggestions?

Do you have a blueprint to craft antimatter yet? If you do it should show as craftable in the crafting options when you hit square on your inventory. 

If I remember, I started with a recipe to craft warp fuel, then found a recipe to create antimatter then found a recipe to make the rare element that makes antimatter (meaning I can now craft warp fuel really easily)

Edited by RunRickyRun

It's running terribly for most on pc apparently. 

Found an abandoned building on a planet with a beacon, activated it, and it connected me to a distress signal. Got there, there's a lovely x-wing looking ship, so I repair it, and snag it. Great! I thought.

Next planet I get to there's a beacon near a trade outpost. I follow that and there's another crashed ship, but I've used all my heridium for repairing the one I just got, and can't see any towers in walking distance...very unfortunate. 

The first of those planets was great though, lots of variety in flora and fauna, mountains, oceans including underwater structures, huge pillars of gold - so I tried 100%ing it. Anyone managed it? I think I was missing a flying creature that I just couldn't shooting down, some water creature, and something else...gave up in the end having wandered about 10 mins from my ship :lol: would've got me about 350k for uploading it all though! 

I do have 1mil credits now, saving it until I can buy one of those sweet 2mil-ish ships with loads of inventory slots. 

Completely forgot this was coming out on the PC (despite evidently adding it to my watchlist at some point), though I'll be holding out for a suitably tasty discount at xmas/next summer for me to while away hours getting absolutely nothing done in the scheme of things.

On 11 August 2016 at 17:18, DK82 said:

I'm having trouble crafting antimatter. I've done everything I need to, but when I select to craft it doesn't show as something I can craft. Any suggestions?

Have you received the antimatter recipe from the alien in the second star system? I don't think you can craft it until then. If you have but it's saying you can't craft because you don't have the right items (even though you do) then that's more of a problem.

If you have a hyper drive, with some fuel, jump to the next star system, and eventually you get the coordinates and you get the recipe there.

Have a look here for help:

Antimatter

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, hogso said:

The first of those planets was great though, lots of variety in flora and fauna, mountains, oceans including underwater structures, huge pillars of gold - so I tried 100%ing it. Anyone managed it? I think I was missing a flying creature that I just couldn't shooting down, some water creature, and something else...gave up in the end having wandered about 10 mins from my ship :lol: would've got me about 350k for uploading it all though! 

Just managed to 100% one. I've shared a few tips below

Spoiler

1. Master the boost jump. Sprint then melee and immediately rocket jump (r1, x). Takes a few minutes to get used to but you'll be zooming around in no time. Careful not to accidentally boost off a cliff! I generally like to wander around on eathlike planets as there is no survival aspect and you can always find a beacon to recall your ship (provided you have the bypass chip blueprint)

2. There's usually one flying creature, two types of fish, one or two cave half-life-esque headcrabs, and several types of animals. Most of them only show up in the day. The hardest to find are the predators - generally they show up stalking their grazing prey. Oh and shoot the flying f*ckers out of the air, they are very difficult to scan unless motionless on the ground.

3. All your upgrades give you bonuses for placing them next to each other. I have a scanner with a 3x signal boost and 2x boost all next to each other which makes things a lot easier. If I scan while zoomed in (L1 then R3) it will show animals that are in scanner range but out of eyeshot.

Still loving the game. Am really impressed with the subtle narrative as I explore.

In regards to point 3, do you mean the red dot or green dot which shows on unscanned and scanned creatures respectively? Cos I've also noticed that sometimes there's a grey dot, which I guess is when they're out of range. 

Don't suppose there's a scanner upgrade exclusively for lifeforms is there?  Would be so useful.  

On my beast of a PC, this runs like absolute trash. Frequently drops below 10 fps, while nothing's really happening. To contrast Doom is never below 90.

Even the menus and interface make it clear that PC was an afterthought.

I've got a refund for it. When it's on a 90% off sale in 6 months I might check out if it's still a piece of shit.

Edited by Davkaus

Â