GENTLEMAN

Man, it's just so hard to get title-winning consistency in this game. I went my first 15 or so games of the season unbeaten and just about at the top of the league after defeating bitter rivals Chelsea, but all of a sudden things got really difficult. It's like the AI adapts to you and makes it hard for you to continue playing your style, so you always have to be on your toes tactically. All of a sudden, I can't buy a win for like 3 or 4 games and I slip to 3rd some 5 points behind the top. Whereas before I was smashing teams, now I'm finding myself fighting to hold onto leads, and desperately trying to claw back into games. I've also had a couple of 0-0 draws where the AI would just sit back and it would be difficult to break them down and play through them. Really loving the realism, my only complaint is that teams like Chelsea only lose like 3 times in the whole season...don't think that's realistic at all (though Leicester can conceivably do it this season!).

Bought a regenerated Totti as soon as he was available and he cost a whopping 16M at 16 years old. Couldn't negotiate prices as every team was after him. Rated 82 already :lol: , but still has the same stamina from when he retired at 43. Think I'm gonna sell Odegaard now tbh as I have too many AM's. Also hilarious but in a sad way, Marquinhos started to have that glowing red arrow and started to flourish...at the age of 26 and 85 OR :lol: . He's supposedly at peak level but yeah, I definitely wasn't complaining. Until he got injured in his first match after this that is. Just my luck. Luckily he still improved while out injured but I doubt it would be nearly enough as if he'd been playing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Man, it's just so hard to get title-winning consistency in this game. I went my first 15 or so games of the season unbeaten and just about at the top of the league after defeating bitter rivals Chelsea, but all of a sudden things got really difficult. It's like the AI adapts to you and makes it hard for you to continue playing your style, so you always have to be on your toes tactically. All of a sudden, I can't buy a win for like 3 or 4 games and I slip to 3rd some 5 points behind the top. Whereas before I was smashing teams, now I'm finding myself fighting to hold onto leads, and desperately trying to claw back into games. I've also had a couple of 0-0 draws where the AI would just sit back and it would be difficult to break them down and play through them. Really loving the realism, my only complaint is that teams like Chelsea only lose like 3 times in the whole season...don't think that's realistic at all (though Leicester can conceivably do it this season!).

Bought a regenerated Totti as soon as he was available and he cost a whopping 16M at 16 years old. Couldn't negotiate prices as every team was after him. Rated 82 already :lol: , but still has the same stamina from when he retired at 43. Think I'm gonna sell Odegaard now tbh as I have too many AM's. Also hilarious but in a sad way, Marquinhos started to have that glowing red arrow and started to flourish...at the age of 26 and 85 OR :lol: . He's supposedly at peak level but yeah, I definitely wasn't complaining. Until he got injured in his first match after this that is. Just my luck. Luckily he still improved while out injured but I doubt it would be nearly enough as if he'd been playing. 

Going through a similar thing myself! Got into the CL with Villa, team is looking strong and made a marquee summer signing of James Rodriguez, he said he wants to take us to the next level :D

Veretout and James in midfield with Xhaka or Gana behind them, awesome. I am having problems though and only just scraped a win past Leicester, thinking of bringing in Sturridge to partner Babacar up top.

Btw, Adama is a machine in this game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Going through a similar thing myself! Got into the CL with Villa, team is looking strong and made a marquee summer signing of James Rodriguez, he said he wants to take us to the next level :D

Veretout and James in midfield with Xhaka or Gana behind them, awesome. I am having problems though and only just scraped a win past Leicester, thinking of bringing in Sturridge to partner Babacar up top.

Btw, Adama is a machine in this game.

Get Embolo mate. An absolute beast and develops fast. Makes Benteke look like Gestede.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Get Embolo mate. An absolute beast and develops fast. Makes Benteke look like Gestede.

Just bought Jese, so now my front three is Jese/Babacar/Adama, with Ivan Cavaleiro on the bench - will check how much Embolo costs 

Amavi is really good too! 

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Just bought Jese, so now my front three is Jese/Babacar/Adama, with Ivan Cavaleiro on the bench - will check how much Embolo costs 

Amavi is really good too! 

Yeah, Amavi is superb. Embolo might be expensive because i think the game realizes his high potential. Starts out at 75 but he's already up to 86 in my save at only 22 years old. 

Got to the January window.

Made some solid signings. Got all my back line as 70+ (that's good compared to my original lineup) as well as a 70 rated keeper (84 rated for Goalkeeping ability)
I was helped by having a regen 16 year old in my youth team already with a 70 OVR (so better than any of my other CBs at 16 years old)

Couldn't sign any of the players suggested here. Nobody would come to me :D

But defending is still my achilles heel. I've scored 12 more goals than anyone else in the league but conceded more than everyone else too.
had a game last night vs Huddersfield. Standard PES/FIFA affair. 1-0 down straight away. Spent the entire game dominating them, shot after shot, hitting the post, goalkeeper saves, missing sitters etc etc.

Finally broke through and equalised in the 90th minute.

Huddersfield kick off and tiki taka it around all my players and smash one in the top corner to win it.

**** off.

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Got to the January window.

Made some solid signings. Got all my back line as 70+ (that's good compared to my original lineup) as well as a 70 rated keeper (84 rated for Goalkeeping ability)
I was helped by having a regen 16 year old in my youth team already with a 70 OVR (so better than any of my other CBs at 16 years old)

Couldn't sign any of the players suggested here. Nobody would come to me :D

But defending is still my achilles heel. I've scored 12 more goals than anyone else in the league but conceded more than everyone else too.
had a game last night vs Huddersfield. Standard PES/FIFA affair. 1-0 down straight away. Spent the entire game dominating them, shot after shot, hitting the post, goalkeeper saves, missing sitters etc etc.

Finally broke through and equalised in the 90th minute.

Huddersfield kick off and tiki taka it around all my players and smash one in the top corner to win it.

**** off.

You should try playing around with the defensive tactics. I've found that teams that like to play tiki-taka, you should press them aggressively in all-out defense and play a high line. They'll try to play in behind you, but decent CBs should be able to deal with the long balls. This one match I had Everton murdering me that way, and I couldn't even get near the ball. I switched up the tactics at half-time and absolutely battered them for the rest of the game.

One thing I've found is that if you get rejected by a club or player just keep trying a few times. Eventually they'll fold. Of course this means that they'll jack up the prices on you sometimes, but sometimes they don't.

It doesn't let me re-enter negotiations though once they've rejected me?

I always try to play the pressing game on PES and FIFA but I just can't do it. I actually can't comprehend how people do it, I feel like I need to be controlling every player at once and have 10 pairs of eyes to do it! I'd love to be able to play like that but it's something I've never managed to grasp.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It doesn't let me re-enter negotiations though once they've rejected me?

I always try to play the pressing game on PES and FIFA but I just can't do it. I actually can't comprehend how people do it, I feel like I need to be controlling every player at once and have 10 pairs of eyes to do it! I'd love to be able to play like that but it's something I've never managed to grasp.

You can't re-enter on the same day you got rejected but you can try again the next day.

Also the pressing game is automatic, you don't have to do a thing :D . It's one of the preset tactics in the gameplan section. One thing though, predictably your players will tire faster. If possible, if you have a player with the General team role you should play him and make him captain in these situations as he would mitigate the fatigue (by some magic :lol: ). 

• Like 1

Good tips, thanks man. I'd done nothing with defensive tactics so far.

But I love how this game makes you switch tactics.

I was 2-0 down to Derby and couldn't get out of my half using my normal tactics. They cut out everything.

So went 4-4-2 and started hitting it long and got some success. Still lost :D but the reward for changing tactics was clear

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Monster, he got up to 92 on my Villareal save before I stopped, I actually played him as a right winger, would still score 30-40 goals a season, he literally can do everything. He's even quality as an AM.

• Like 1

He scored like 50 goals this one season for me when played up top by himself, that's when I realized he was a beast. He's like Benteke if he had Adama's speed and dribbling (his dribbling is actually much better than Adama's). Can do literally anything. Now that I have Morata, I rotate them. They're both top of the goal scoring charts of course :D . Bringing him on as a sub when I can't break a team down is the best, I just pick up the ball with him in midfield and waltz straight to their goal :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Funny thing is, he's actually much shorter in the game than he is in real life. You'd never guess he's actually the same height in-game as Eden Hazard the way he plays :lol: 

It's weird, I've scored a lot of headers with him from corners, he must have great jumping stats. 

• Like 1

Ronaldo is now rated at 97 at 23 years old lol..Gotze is absolutley bossing games for me along with Teixera whos now at 87.

Selling Inzaghi for 32m to Sunderland so trying to sign a 25yr old Michael Owen to replace him. Also trying to sign Pirlo who ill have in midfield along with Lampard and Carrick next season when i purely play youngsters. Jagielka and Rio at the back with Butland in goal and Lobato up front with Defoe. Need to find a young RB and young LB and a few back up squad players. Selling which ever players i get bids for now

• Like 1

Found a pretty major AI flaw in this that's easy to exploit if you have 3 forwards. Basically keepers very, very often pass to full backs from goal kicks, if you push your wide players against them it's very easy to intercept and run in on goal unchallenged. 

Moreover it's even easier to exploit from free kicks that keepers take (e.g. from an offside), they often pass the ball to the centre half in front of them. Again, very easy to intercept and you basically have an empty net in front of you, you can instantly shoot and score from 30 yards. 

I've scored, no exaggeration, 10 goals alone today just doing this. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Lol the Cpu catch me out with that occasionally :lol: , I do the same thing with the GK. Simple fix, just don't try to intercept.

Also, won my first league title :D . Took me five seasons, but we made it. In the CL final too. Next goal, the treble!

lol it's too tempting not to intercept. 

I'm currently second in my first season in the premier league. I've beaten all of the top sides, including City 3-1 and also had an amazing 5-4 win over Swansea where I was 4-1 down after 65 minutes. Also just signed Embolo for £10m, good value. 

My team at the moment:

Agassa (69 - youth team)

Cuellar (71 - regen) Leo Chambers (72)   Vasil (PES original)  Castinelli (72 - youth team) 

Abdullah (76)

That Spanish AM you start with (77)   Will Hughes (79)

Iturbe (82 - loan)                                                                         Embolo (77)

Afobe (74)

Also have Origi on loan who is really good as an LWF and Aboubakar on loan from Porto who chips in with some good goals. But yeah, basically pissing over this league on the highest difficulty with this team, should win the league unless I screw up. 

• Like 1

Â