Copa America 2015

Zatman

New features on Voopl : 

- We added a blog, and here is the first article : http://voopl.co/blog/1-copa-america/1-copa-america-group-stage-lessons.html
If one of you want to write an article about Aston Villa in the blog, feel free to contact me by PM.

- You can see the club rankings now (clubs and nations).

- We corrected a bug on mobile : the bad display in the charts.

I did not really know where to post this, but since the blog article is about the Copa America, I thought it's fine.

Anyone see how Edinson Cavani was sent off?

Watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwFt54x6ak

Yep, Gonzalo Jara stuck a finger up Cavani's arse and then fell over.  Isn't South American football just wonderful.  I do hope Jara doesn't get a serious knee injury next time he plays football (I do really though).

Fair play to your eye sight!  Even if I could see him move his elbow into him I'd say it's reasonable to try and distance yourself from someone trying to surprise-finger-buttsecks you.  But I can't even see the elbow move.  For me Cavani is totally in the right here and Jara should be banned.

• Like 1

He clearly does.

Don't get me wrong it's nothing more than him shrugging him off and the reaction and the red card are totally unjustified.

But I can see how the ref has seen something. He's just reacted to that something completely irrationally. 

What I love about the South Americans is watch them in the tunnel before the game...they've all hugging and high fiving one another, it's like a family greeting.

Then when the whistle goes they proceed to kick lumps out of each other, it's war out there for them. Brilliant. Chile-Brazil "friendly" a few months back was just like last night.

So now Uruguay are out...how many World cup qualifying games does Suarez miss? And I presume Cavani will be out of a game or two. Don't see them making the next world cup tbh.

Uruguay going to be really struggling then from a probable poor start...they only just scrape 5th place when he plays full campaigns anyway.

1. Argentina

2. Chile

3. Brazil

4. Colombia

5. Ecuador/Venezuela

I'd predict anyway.

The problem with Peru is their away form in the qualifiers is horrific, they regularly lose pretty much all their aways which obviously puts pressure on them to win vast majority of homes and they're not as good as doing that as  say Ecuador who I think won 7/8 home games last time due to the altitude.

They've always had a good crop of attacking players but weak in other areas, Pizzaro 36 now so not sure he'll last the campaign and Guererro who scored the hattrick, Jefferson Farfan and Vargas all in their early 30s now so not quite sure they'll last the pace.

Â