Copa America 2015

Zatman

Messi needs to start turning it on in thr big comps for argentina before he can be called the best player ever imo

2 goals in 13 knockout games before tonight for him

It really does baffle me how people call him the best ever tbh, hes no where near maradonna imo.

Messi needs to start turning it on in thr big comps for argentina before he can be called the best player ever imo

It really does baffle me how people call him the best ever tbh, hes no where near maradonna imo.

white its a bit of a era thing and hard to argue I think Maradona would be better player now as the tackles he took were ferocious to say the least

white its a bit of a era thing and hard to argue I think Maradona would be better player now as the tackles he took were ferocious to say the least

Which era then? Because in my lifetime id rate Zidane and Ronaldo ahead of Messi

Which era then? Because in my lifetime id rate Zidane and Ronaldo ahead of Messi

Not a chance for me he's head and shoulders above them pair (I'm assuming that's brazilian Ronaldo too seeing as your argument against messi app would actually make Portuguese Ronaldo look worse...)

Which Ronaldo ;) I think in Messi era/generation only him and C.Ronaldo be known as great attackers of that generation maybe Kaka and Ronaldinho could be mentioned though both didnt have same level of consistency as the other 2

Ive no shame admitting im no Messi fan ;)

Not a chance for me he's head and shoulders above them pair (I'm assuming that's brazilian Ronaldo too seeing as your argument against messi app would actually make Portuguese Ronaldo look worse...)
Brazilian Ronaldo of course, the man who did it everywhere he played and set records in the world cup.

You rate Messi above him?

Yes, I rate him as the best player of my lifetime, don't get me wrong Ronaldo and zidane were brilliant players, messi is on another level though, I don't buy these arguments that he's only done it at barca, that he's had Xavi and iniesta or that he's done nothing at the World Cup

• Like 1

Yes, I rate him as the best player of my lifetime, don't get me wrong Ronaldo and zidane were brilliant players, messi is on another level though, I don't buy these arguments that he's only done it at barca, that he's had Xavi and iniesta or that he's done nothing at the World Cup

And i dont get the arguement that it doesnt matter if hes not done anything with argentina

To be considerd a great surely you have to have been 'great' for both club and country not just in the spanish league

Edited by YGabbana

well the arguments are looking a bit convincing at the moment, this will be 2 World Cups and 3 Copa Americas now he has failed to really put his stamp on (World Cup GOlden Ball was a farce)

The problem I have with Messi is he is built into the Barcelona philosophy and he never actually looks like he is enjoying himself which is why I dont really like him. He has all the talent but he makes football look like a job unlike ROnaldinho who always looked like he enjoyed himself on the pitch and was having fun

• Like 1

Messi is the best player ever. Yes he hasn't had a great world cup but what he does on a football field no one has ever come close. Anyway the champions league is the yardstick these days.

well the arguments are looking a bit convincing at the moment, this will be 2 World Cups and 3 Copa Americas now he has failed to really put his stamp on (World Cup GOlden Ball was a farce)

The problem I have with Messi is he is built into the Barcelona philosophy and he never actually looks like he is enjoying himself which is why I dont really like him. He has all the talent but he makes football look like a job unlike ROnaldinho who always looked like he enjoyed himself on the pitch and was having fun

Not performed at 2 world cups and 3 copa americas, compare that to brazilian ronaldos record.

Messi is the best player ever. Yes he hasn't had a great world cup but what he does on a football field no one has ever come close. Anyway the champions league is the yardstick these days.

The world cup is always the yardstick and he hasnt done much on the field in thr competition and this one.

It should go down to having some god awful managers rather than him not being good though, he's played in some right car crashes

Argentina can't get the balance of their 2 world class strikers and 2/3 very good strikers right

Aguero hasn't done much either

It should go down to having some god awful managers rather than him not being good though, he's played in some right car crashes

Argentina can't get the balance of their 2 world class strikers and 2/3 very good strikers right

Aguero hasn't done much either

If hes as good as you say, what difference does the manager make.

What a strange comment.

is it though? In Argentina they dont care about Champions League, he is rated 3rd by a lot of old time journalists in Argentinian players of all time after Diego and Di Stefano

Edited by Zatman

Â