Copa America 2015

Zatman

Yes but you want the best players to play in the tournament. 4 matches seems over severe to me. 

Only got himself to blame. You can't make exceptions for certain players because they are better than others. They need to stop acting like spoilt babies. Too much petulant behaviour in football nowadays and bigger bans are welcome in my opinion in the hope it remedies the problem  :)

• Like 3

Yes but you want the best players to play in the tournament. 4 matches seems over severe to me. 

Only got himself to blame. You can't make exceptions for certain players because they are better than others. They need to stop acting like spoilt babies. Too much petulant behaviour in football nowadays and bigger bans are welcome in my opinion in the hope it remedies the problem  :)

Thats quite true, but no Suarez and Neymar means two of the top 5 players in the world are not playing in it. All we need now is Messi to get injured. 

Jamaica can be proud of that performance...thought they'd be battered after the early goal but they were putting in some dangerous crosses at the end.

Argentina though....so disappointing to watch nowadays.

I regularly slag off Brazil but Neymar aside it's just a poor generation and Dunga as coach. A nation that has Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Pastore etc shouldn't just be grinding out 1 nil wins and hanging on for dear life near the end of games but seems getting to the world cup final has convinced them this is the way to play in major tournaments now.

Edited by VillaChris

The problem is they dont play with a traditional Argentine No 10 or 5 anymore so the pattern of the team is pretty poor and rely on individual brilliance to win the game

Yeah I suppose looking back they had better balance in 2007 when likes of Messi an Aguero were just breaking through. At 2007 Copa America they played some wonderful stuff right up to the final.

The midfield back then was Mascherano- Veron- Riquelme so more balance and quality than what they play in midfield now with likes of Pastore and Biglia.

Fernando Gago and Banega both looked promising few years back but back playing in South America now.

They have got a couple of highly rated young midfielders, cubas, Lucas Romero, gaston Gil Romero, all still play in Argentina and haven't had a sniff of the national team yet

They look like they're going the other way to where maradona had them going, he was capping everyone, giving loads of youngsters that weren't good enough games, now they seem to be going safe, lots of players 25-30 in the squad, I think it'll be the next squad that finally does it, the one that keeps the likes of messi and di Maria, even zabaleta and mascherano, but then has vietto and mussachio in there too

Cuadardo was completely overrated at the world cup, he's made no impact whatsoever so far for Chelsea and looked a headless chicken in this tournament.

James will have to do it all on his own in midfield by the looks of it.

Â