Copa America 2015

Zatman

So yeah I stayed up to watch the whole 90 minutes...and then promptly fell asleep just before the penalties started!

Argentina dominated from start to finish but somehow couldn't score, Ospina was amazing and they had a few cleared off the line aswell. That's sometimes a difference with them and Brazil, Argies will miss hatfuls and Brazil will create 3-4 chances in a game and score two goals from it.

Colombia's formation was a bit off, had to start with James as one of the two central midfielders which was a bad move and Pekerman rectified it after 20 minutes. I do wonder about them long term given all their strikers are in their late 20s now.

And Brazil limp out early of yet another major tournament, losing on pens to Paraguay which was the same result as 2011.

In fairness after the last few years I'm not sure there's many of those annoying new "footie" fans who even think watching Brazil is some romantic experienced, they haven't played enjoyable football for about 15 years now.

That and their squad isn't that good anymore, Neymar aside how many of their players are the best at their clubs. Going back to 2002 and you had Ronaldo and Rivaldo as best players in the league, Ronaldino and Kaka were just breaking through at the time and both would be the best player in the world for periods in the mid 00s, at the back you had Cafu, Carlos and Lucio.

Now they have some bloke upfront who plays in the Chinese league ffs.

Robinho up front says everything about there side. Firmino could end up being a massive flop for Liverpool. They do have decent players that play in the Premier League Willian and Coutinho but the manager is far too negative. They should have kicked on after going 1-0 up and looked to score more but they say back looked to play on the counter. The first pen set the tone. If a 10 year old child hit a pen as wide as that you'd be dissapointed. 

Willian had a great tournament I thought as someone who's not rated him hugely before. However if you look at what he generally offers a team it's more of the defensive side e.g Milner like qualities.

Coutinho hasn't had that many chances for Brazil yet and is still finding his role in the first 11. However can he reach standard of one of the best in the world like Suarez did, I'm not sure he can reach that level tbh.

One I do like is FM legend Felipe Anderson of Lazio, don't understand at all why he didn't get a a call up.

Brazil has lots of problems and the Europeanization of their game has started it. Players are developed for Europe when you have to be very tactical, fit as well as technical and are not allowed to really express themselves. Players like Ronaldinho or Rivaldo were street players and would never be encouraged if playing Brazil now

Good final in store tonight...Chile and Argies have aside from Neymar the best individual players in the tournament so hoping for a classic. Massive pressure on Argies to end their long title drought, won't be easy on Chilean turf.

9pm start aswell.

Good final in store tonight...Chile and Argies have aside from Neymar the best individual players in the tournament so hoping for a classic. Massive pressure on Argies to end their long title drought, won't be easy on Chilean turf.

9pm start aswell.

James > Neymar :)

1st time really got good look at Argentina in this tournament but that is a very poor Argentina midfield by their standards

not in same class but Valdivia is the type of playmaker Argentina used to produce

Edited by Zatman

Â