The Overpaid 11

Guest av1

I know that overrated/overpaid could be one of the same thing, and we do have a overrated thread so please delete if this is deemed to similar.

Just saw a post in the VT speculation thread suggesting that Joey Barton is on about £90k PW. now look, all players are ridiculously overpaid but there are some really bog standard players out there that have earned top player salaries, SWP is another (there is something in common with those two). So it gave me an idea for this thread.

Who are the most overpaid players in the game, relative to their actual ability.

Bartons on 90k? Wheres the source for that?

No source mate, it came up in the transfer speculation thread.

Smalling just signed a £60k a week contract hasn't he? Zamora was meant to be on £90k a week but he's now down to £50k, I'd guess wes brown and john oshea do ok for themselves at sunderland

As for Barton, moved from Newcastle who are meant to be very good payers to QPR who are also good payers so it wouldn't be that surprising if it was true

Barton isn't on 90k, its 70k. Still a lot but definitely not 90k.

Although qpr do have a whole raft of players who are barely used on similar wages, diakite, faulin, taarabt, SWP, hoilett, onouha, traore are all on £45/60k a week deals.

That's why they have a wage bill of £75million and are financially ****.

I mean, Andy Johnson went there from Fulham, injury plagued and very much on the arse of his career and gets given a 2 year £45k a week contract.

Mental.

Edited by Jimzk5

Alex Song is on 185k a week   :huh:

Is he really. Are West Ham paying all his wages. 

I read it in 442 magazine, think he in top 20 salaries in the world. Think West Ham paying half of it

You'll do well to get official figures, they're all skewed anyway due to numerous and various bonuses

Saw a rumour in the week that Milner was offered £165 a week by city, saw someone else claim that he gets £90k a week basic and to earn the top dollar he has to play, score, win the game then win the league and the champions league

You'll do well to get official figures, they're all skewed anyway due to numerous and various bonuses

Saw a rumour in the week that Milner was offered £165 a week by city, saw someone else claim that he gets £90k a week basic and to earn the top dollar he has to play, score, win the game then win the league and the champions league

Thats barely minimum wage they offered him

• Like 2

Thats barely minimum wage they offered him

Minimum wage? That works out at about £33 per minute ;)

Darren Bent is probably on more and he hasnt been used by us in nearly 3 years same with Given

I was going to say Bent aswell but then premier league goalscorers which he certainly was when he turned up are always like gold dust.

Heskey though, he was on 50-60k.

Isn't Falcao on some obscene amount like £350k a week? He surely has to be the most overpaid player in the World, Heskey would need to be on twice as much to be as bad as that.

There's no tax in Monaco so AFAIK Man united have to pay him something like ~£400,000 a week to match the wages he was getting in Monaco as his contract (as with all contracts in France) are negotiated amounts after tax.

No footballer is overpaid. They are paid what the Chairman/Owners think they are worth. If someone's salary doesn't seem to be good value for money its the idiot that agreed to pay it not the idiot who accepted it that we should be blaming. 

Â