The Overpaid 11

Guest av1

United-wise RvP has to be considered as overpaid - he was signed for a big fee and a big salary despite there surely being some realisation that he was an almost spent force - four years of his wages is a lot to pay for a player who only really had one more good year left in him?

How about Carlo Cudicini?

He could be a top class keeper for all I know, the fact is I don't, because he's spent most of his career on the bench.

Currenty you'd imagine Cech is the most overpaid keeper in football. A lot of money to sit on the bench.

Wonder what Victor Valdes salary is since United were throwing cash away last summer

I really, really, really, really do not rate him as a keeper.

absolutely agree, decent footballer but not a great keeper.

This.

Absolutely perfect for Barcelona given his footballing ability, but not that amazing at being a goalkeeper generally.

He's not bad, mind you. Just not as good as you'd expect the number 1 keeper for the best team in the world to be

Yaya.

For that kind of money you'd expect a full package; a midfield tank, Zidane-esque skill and a proper leader. Not a crying birthday cake craving baby.

• 3 weeks later...

According to an old bloke I work with "The lot of 'em, they're all overpaid and overrated".

and that old bloke's dad was probably saying the same when they were earning £100 a week  :D

Â