The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, Chindie said:

True.

But at some point you've got to have some convictions, something you believe in to the extent it's a promise you can't u-turn, rollback, tearfully sweep under the carpet. Otherwise you start to look like your word, your promise, your beliefs, are meaningless.

In which case why should I trust you at all?

It’s 3 things, I think. “Promising” stuff early, allowing opponents to jump on one aspect of it, 2nd timidity in the face of being attacked and third crocodiles and swamps , by which I mean this green policy is like draining the swamp to remove the long term impact of crocodiles living nearby (climate change), but focusing on that draining the swamp while being up to your neck in crocodiles (national debt, broken economy) isn’t the most urgent thing. Because they also promised to reduce debt, they had to pick one or the other now Truss has rocketed debt repayment costs.

I guessed the impact will be more Green Party votes and fewer votes for Labour than there would have been.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Good old bambos embarrassing our local area 

Clown

Why do you imagine that one MPs actions embarrasses an entire area. I feel absolutely no responsibility for the actions of my MP.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Why do you imagine that one MPs actions embarrasses an entire area. I feel absolutely no responsibility for the actions of my MP.

Good for you but i can bw embarrassed if i want to. I been saying for a while on here how useless my labour council is and guess who is a part of that? That man who is currently suspended.

The guys an arrogant rocket polisher and im glad he has been removed from the party. Remember i am Cypriot and saying this about one of the few cypriot mps. Good news all round for us and labour as they hopefully can replace him with someone half decent

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Depends if they've watched Kes

Im just glad they have a process to remove people so swiftly and take action when formal complaints are made.

Not what labour needs right now when they are trouncing the tories in the polls

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im just glad they have a process to remove people so swiftly and take action when formal complaints are made.

Not what labour needs right now when they are trouncing the tories in the polls

Anyone local suspect what the offence is? 

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good for you but i can bw embarrassed if i want to. I been saying for a while on here how useless my labour council is and guess who is a part of that? That man who is currently suspended.

The guys an arrogant rocket polisher and im glad he has been removed from the party. Remember i am Cypriot and saying this about one of the few cypriot mps. Good news all round for us and labour as they hopefully can replace him with someone half decent

Haha, I just had to look him up and realised, I used to know him. He was Vice President of Liverpool Poly in 1990. I was working in and around the Poly Students Union around that time

I thought the name was vaguely familiar. As he was a sabbatical, there’s an 80-90% chance he was a bit of a.tit, I shall have to make a few calls to see if we can remember anything he got up to.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Haha, I just had to look him up and realised, I used to know him. He was Vice President of Liverpool Poly in 1990. I was working in and around the Poly Students Union around that time

I thought the name was vaguely familiar. As he was a sabbatical, there’s an 80-90% chance he was a bit of a.tit, I shall have to make a few calls to see if we can remember anything he got up to.

OMG thata hilarous do some digging see what you can find out what he did.  I havs heard a few things but dont want to get the site in trouble 

46 minutes ago, Jareth said:

How many blokes at your poly had names similar to Bambos Charalambous?

Well, firstly it wasn’t my Poly, I went to the university :P and secondly there was actually someone at Uni on the Tech cute when I was on the Ents cute that actually did have the same surname of very similar. 
Around 1990 I would have been drinking at the Poly SU bar most nights because it was important for business, my mates worked at the SU and I DJed there midweek as a prelude to another night I also ran that went on after the SU finished. I’d also have been working gigs there around the or my mates would have been.

Sabatical Officers we’re there to be humoured then ignored

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

There's a chip show owner in Nottingham also named Bambos Charalambous. There's only two Bambos Charalambouses.

Our one should be called bumbos charalambous (fitting name for him) so he doesnt besmirch the good gentleman from nottinghams name

Personally I think it's worth pointing out that Ken Loach has made films his entire life which are excoriating Thatcher and her successors - yet now he's been cancelled by of all people Labour. If you've grown up or been an adult since the late 70s and beyond - how on earth do you not jump to his defense? If somebody is telling you Loach is the bad man, then you need to look squarely at the person telling you that.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Personally I think it's worth pointing out that Ken Loach has made films his entire life which are excoriating Thatcher and her successors - yet now he's been cancelled by of all people Labour. If you've grown up or been an adult since the late 70s and beyond - how on earth do you not jump to his defense? If somebody is telling you Loach is the bad man, then you need to look squarely at the person telling you that.

When did Ken Loach get cancelled?
You really should stop using the language of the Conservative Party if you want people to take you seriously, especially as it hasn’t happened. Are their pickets outside any of his films? Has anyone refused to screen his films? No, they haven’t have they?

Ken Loach has made a number of Antisemitic statements in his time, he's also made some good films. They aren’t mutually exclusive concepts. I don’t leap to his defence because he’s said some f***ing stupid things. I also don’t leap to his defence because he made some very good films

If someone tells me Loach said something bad, I look at what he said and make my own mind up. He said antisemitic things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

When did Ken Loach get cancelled?

When a mayor in the north east got deselected for talking to him. I think you are torn here mate.

A group of "concerned Jewish residents" have distanced themselves from the exclusion of a mayor from standing in the North East mayoral election.

An open letter, signed by 12 people, says they do not want Jewish heritage "dragged into factional disputes".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-65855010

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

When a mayor in the north east got deselected for talking to him. I think you are torn here mate.

A group of "concerned Jewish residents" have distanced themselves from the exclusion of a mayor from standing in the North East mayoral election.

An open letter, signed by 12 people, says they do not want Jewish heritage "dragged into factional disputes".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-65855010

Do you by any chance know what he’s said?

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Do you by any chance know what he’s said?

I don’t. What did the Mayor say that’s got him knocked off the list he was an obvious candidate for?

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t. What did the Mayor say that’s got him knocked off the list he was an obvious candidate for?

I was referring to Loach.

Driscoll is as far as I know the only one who’s claiming this is happening due to infighting over antisemitism. No one else has said so. Except for the usual suspects that is, such as Loach.

Edited by magnkarl

Â