The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was just bitter that you lumped me in with those arseholes over in Penarth.

We’re a distinctly different type of arsehole here.

To be fair, the division of counties in the data may not be the most logical way to divide it. A more general 'South Wales' designation would have had quite a few more constituencies and a significantly lower average gain . . . but then you'd have been stuck with the arseholes from Swansea, so what you gonna do 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dawn Butler tells us today that children are born without a sex. 

The whole ‘let’s persuade the electorate the Labour Party isn’t insane’ project is off to a flying start..

Christ almighty. 

• Like 3

Ah good old Laura, I had have no idea why she was ever in Momentum in the first place. She was never really that left wing, she wasn't even in the Labour Party when she was involved in Student Politics, she was an independent. I think she just got carried away with Corbyn Fever and slowly came to her senses (She was very much Anti-Brexit and stood as a candidate for Labour in the Euro Elections last time around)

I think this opinion piece makes some very valid points.

Labour’s leadership contest is a disaster

by Kevin Meagher

Does the Labour party ever want to win an election again? I ask in all seriousness because its acting to all intents and purposes as though the answer is, to invert Ed Miliband’s maxim, ‘Hell, no!’

This pained, drawn-out saga – which will not see a new Labour leader announced until April 4 – would better be described as a ‘lack of leadership contest.’ It long ago descended into a dreary, insular and circular exchange. Platitudes are issued, hands are wrung and virtues and signalled.

But are voters convinced?

Hardly. The whole thing serves as a rolling reminder of why Labour was trounced for the fourth time back in December and unless something radical changes the script for a fifth defeat will already have been written.

much more follows...

Labour Uncut

• Like 1

Whoever the new Labour leader is, and their agenda will be a huge pivotal moment in UK politics. Rudderless Labour, appear to be moving further over to the left (go woke - go broke), whereas a more centrist view is the only way for Labour to have a hope in the ballot box.

The woke police (see Dawn Butler) appear to have infiltrated the labour party, and to be blunt the majority of normal, hard working straight forward people can't be bothered with it.

Whether you are blue, red or undecided its vital to have a credible opposition. 

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Whoever the new Labour leader is, and their agenda will be a huge pivotal moment in UK politics. Rudderless Labour, appear to be moving further over to the left... and to be blunt the majority of normal, hard working straight forward people can't be bothered with it.

Whether you are blue, red or undecided its vital to have a credible opposition. 

Pretty much this, yes. I'm hopeful that from the leader contest they'll emerge back into the world of the sane, but I'm not holding my breath. Policy wise they're doing OK. The problem is almost an attiitude thing, a mindset thing. Like some of them appear to be an extension of a twitter argument between bots.(see the Dawn Butler reference above, for an example).

You're dead right a credible opposition is essential, and for the past few years, there's been nothing, nothing at all.

• Haha 1

I’m very keen that all people be treated with respect in a safe environment. I’m very keen everyone gets an equal and fair chance. I’m very keen black boys get a good education. Middle aged white men should finally be able to swap genders if that will make them more at ease with themselves. Gay women shouldn’t get punched on buses and they should benefit from each other’s pensions. I dislike just about everything I see and hear from terror regimes in mafia style countries like Syria and Israel.

But I wouldn’t make any of that my banner headline in an election. 

Jobs. Houses. Health. Transport.

Win an election on housing and health, and hey presto, you get the power, budget and influence to help all manner of disadvantaged groups.

Revised definitions of trans hate crime will not win an election and will not help you influence trans hate crime. It’s vital we protect and nurture all the people. We won’t get there with a 5 year twitter argument discussing the in house policing of acceptable pro nouns.

Build flats, help warehouse packers, buy some trains.

It’s so annoyingly **** easy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m very keen that all people be treated with respect in a safe environment. I’m very keen everyone gets an equal and fair chance. I’m very keen black boys get a good education. Middle aged white men should finally be able to swap genders if that will make them more at ease with themselves. Gay women shouldn’t get punched on buses and they should benefit from each other’s pensions. I dislike just about everything I see and hear from terror regimes in mafia style countries like Syria and Israel.

Win an election on housing and health, and hey presto, you get the power, budget and influence to help all manner of disadvantaged groups.

Revised definitions of trans hate crime will not win an election and will not help you influence trans hate crime. It’s vital we protect and nurture all the people. We won’t get there with a 5 year twitter argument discussing the in house policing of acceptable pro nouns.

You'd think so wouldn't you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I just kind of hate this analysis. Whether you mean it to or not, it comes across as 'I completely support these people, but I don't think we should ever talk about that in public because normal people hate them'. 

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just kind of hate this analysis. Whether you mean it to or not, it comes across as 'I completely support these people, but I don't think we should ever talk about that in public because normal people hate them'. 

The difficulty with trying to win millions of votes it's what @chrisp65 mentions - e.g. Trans rights gets dragged down wormholes. For example Lisa Nandy (rightly) has been supporting someone in her constituency who's been troubled by abuse and stuff for their situation. That's a good thing to do. So great, good constituency MP. And If she raises the need to be more tolerant and understanding as part of her bid, that's great too. Unfortunately though, last weekend or thereabouts she proposed something (or agreed to it) which would mean that a man convicted of multiple sex offences against women who self identified as female would HAVE to be imprisoned in a Women's prison. This isn't a hypothetical, it's a real case. Now there may just be a bit of a problem with that. Furthermore, what she (and RLB) also support is throwing people and/or groups out of Labour for not accepting or agreeing that there are conflicts between trans rights and women's rights and tagging them as "bigots".

So 2 candidates for Leader (RLB and LN) are now in favour of not having ANY places at all where Trans people identifying as Women should be excluded. Apart from being just idiotic in the real world, an argument about what will ultimately be the handling of a small number of people will lead to expulsions from the party of people for wanting to protect women from sexual predators. It's not a mainstream issue, and because it's poorly thought through, and actually counter to their last manifesto, the absolute appearance and reality is of a few twitter tubes capturing a part of the Labour Party. Meanwhile tories carry on tory-ing.

FFS. Wake up Labour. In appealing, or hoping to, to the twitter trolls and bonkers sect of extremists they're absolutely killing their appeal to the 99% who as Chris said would like them to concentrate on making shit less shitty.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You really take that from it? Bizarre

I take it as every ordinary person needs to get a better life and concentrating on these very very small extreme minority causes is by and large an effing irrelevance. The message is the big stuff not the small stuff. Labour are currently embroiled in Trans Rights issues that quite frankly most people couldn't give a shite about, not hating them but they want a decent flat / house and a job that pays the bills. Sort the other bollocks out later

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

You really take that from it? Bizarre

I take it as every ordinary person needs to get a better life and concentrating on these very very small extreme minority causes is by and large an effing irrelevance. The message is the big stuff not the small stuff. Labour are currently embroiled in Trans Rights issues that quite frankly most people couldn't give a shite about, not hating them but they want a decent flat / house and a job that pays the bills. Sort the other bollocks out later

I think that's a complete cop-out, and that there's no way in the world you'd say the same thing about racial discrimination. 

Â