The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, peterms said:

Your other remarks make it sound like you are not too well suited to that role.

or it could be that the poster is just damned good at his/her job and non-judgemental.

You know what, I am a liberal and I disagree with a lot of magnkarls posts, I got very angry with him in the grenfell tower thread but here he is right, if a white kid in her position as a student leader at a big uni said "I'd like to oppress muslims" there would be absolute outrage, they would be expelled from the uni and so forth. Why is it she can say that racist comment and not have any repercussions?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

You know what, I am a liberal and I disagree with a lot of magnkarls posts, I got very angry with him in the grenfell tower thread but here he is right, if a white kid in her position as a student leader at a big uni said "I'd like to oppress muslims" there would be absolute outrage, they would be expelled from the uni and so forth. Why is it she can say that racist comment and not have any repercussions?

Finally someone saying it how it is.  Lets cut the crap,  this is spot on and not let political correctness come into play. :)

Edited by Demitri_C

15 hours ago, bickster said:

Marginal seats, Rudd we know about from the election and the other two's seats become marginals at the next election due to the boundary changes

Great candidates for leadership

going as bit OT for this thread but the Guardian yesterday had an article bigging up Johnson ..just not Boris but his brother Jo .. he could be the leftfield candidate and we might see another knife in the back by a brother for the leadership of a major party

On 7/1/2017 at 16:13, magnkarl said:

Not what I asked, but thanks for your 2 pence. It's not only in the Spectator. Does it defend the fact that this woman posted such comments? The newspaper that reported it doesn't make it any less racist.

I would be interested in the way that the fine people on here would deal with the problem. It is a problem to a much larger extent than people who aren't involved in the university campus climate these days are aware of.

I am not sure it is possible to deal with it because the Left have gone from a Marxist view of society divided between Labour and Capital to one divided between Victim and Oppressor.

Both rely on what Nietzsche described as slave morality, which was invented by the Jewish peoples to cope with their enslavement - the essence of which makes the slave and oppressed virtuous by default and therefore the master correspondingly wicked by default.

It therefore follows that claiming to be a member of a victim group puts the self-described victim in an unassailable position of moral superiority and any one in the oppressor group is automatically denied any claim to virtue and any right to have a voice.

Once you understand that, then it follows that anyone who self-describes themselves as belonging to a victim group can say anything they like about someone they have placed in the oppressor group and there will be no comeback.

Once this becomes established entirely, it will be just a case of finding the individual who belongs to the most victim groups and then allowing them to decide everything because they will be the only one who will be allowed a voice.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

going as bit OT for this thread but the Guardian yesterday had an article bigging up Johnson ..just not Boris but his brother Jo .. he could be the leftfield candidate and we might see another knife in the back by a brother for the leadership of a major party

They've been reading my posts from a year or two back. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Is this the comment you are referring to?

'In one tweet from May 9, 2012 under the hashtag #ifIwasPresident, she wrote: 'I'd oppress white people just to give them a taste of what they put us through!' 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'In one tweet from May 9, 2012 under the hashtag #ifIwasPresident, she wrote: 'I'd oppress white people just to give them a taste of what they put us through!' 

Yes.

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I find that extremely offensive. What a vile human being

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I find that extremely offensive. What a vile human being

Thing is, even though Hanoi doesn't think so, I do understand what she means and the reasons why she said it, but it doesn't mean it is right to say it. An eye for an eye just makes everyone blind. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be honest, I assume that it was probably said in jest, and if seen in the context of the conversation around it, it might seem less offensive. It was also five years ago, when she presumably was neither a student nor possibly even that interested in politics. 

I get that it looks bad now, shorn of context, and it wasn't the smartest thing to say whatever the context, but it doesn't make her a 'vile human being'. 

I agree with that tbf, context is key I guess but I do wonder if she and others like her have different views now or if they are diluted or filtered for a different audience though? Anger is a horrible beast.

I just want all the good people in the world regardless of colour, race or creed to just get along, no religion, no politics, just peace :(

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

To be honest, I assume that it was probably said in jest, and in seen in the context of the conversation around it would seem less offensive. It was also five years ago, when she presumably was neither a student nor possibly even that interested in politics. 

I get that it looks bad now, shorn of context, and it wasn't the smartest thing to say whatever the context, but it doesn't make her a 'vile human being'. 

bit ironic that someone who follows the Quran feels that white people oppressed her kind but  I gather she was 16 and regrets saying it now so I don't think we should hang her out to dry over it if she is sincere in her explanation   ...

her current comments however don't have such a defence

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

bit ironic that someone who follows the Quran feels that white people oppressed her kind but  I gather she was 16 and regrets saying it now so I don't think we should hang her out to dry over it if she is sincere in her explanation   ...

her current comments however don't have such a defence

Yes, that's fair. She is a student politician and an adult, and anything she has done or said since she turned 18 and began running for that role is absolutely fair game. In particular, I would like to know whether (again) she was joking when she suggested that men and women can't be friends, because that is an incredibly dumb thing to say and has no basis in Islamic law or tradition that I'm aware of (though I admit I'm no expert). 

However, as you say, she was 16 at the time of that comment. By way of contrast, Douglas Murray is a 37 year old journalist and think-tanker who was a neoconservative who supported the Iraq War, who is choosing to quote a tweet from someone who wasn't legally an adult at the time of pressing 'send' in a national publication. I mean, I know who I think looks worse. 

• Like 4

Oh if only I could be arsed to think back to my days at Uni and remember all the quotes from members of the National Committee of Conservative Students. (or whatever they were called that week)

Bigging up apartheid etc

I went to Uni with quite a few of them and met most of the others at NUS Conferences and the like

It wasn't much different on the Labour side either tbh except they were more concerned with Militant / Dem Left in fighting at the time.

If student politicians didn't say the odd stupid thing that was over the top I'd be more concerned, they mostly all calm down when they grow up

Anyone that expects any kind of different behaviour has unrealistic expectations it's all part of life's learning curve

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

If student politicians didn't say the odd stupid thing that was over the top I'd be more concerned, they mostly all calm down , start earning money and then vote Tory

fixed :)

Â