The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The state of this.

Grauniad

When interviewed by the BBC during the Labour conference, Starmer was presented with a word cloud of what words people most used in describing him. The biggest one? 'Nothing'.

What a **** shit party.

*Breaks out the party poppers at how brilliant this is politically. Besides which the Tories have been so bad you can't have better anyway, which is the same shit line the Tories peddled for a decade that got criticised and drove everyone spare for the whole time, but now we have to sagely nod and clap because a red tie is saying it*

*Blows brains out*

🤦‍♂️

Another u turn yay. The futures bright

• 2 weeks later...

Labour deffed off Muslim communities quite a while ago, no surprise there but it was a calculated stance and clearly won't harm them much. This thread is also proof that nobody is particularly interested in Labour in general - 2 record setting byelection wins and not a single comment! Starmer would be in serious trouble if the Tories weren't in such rapid deterioration on a molecular level.

25 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You can probably spin/handwave/etc this as good for Labour.

My comment here doesn’t just apply to Labour, but anyway…Apart from, perhaps, the PM of the day, anyone calling for a ceasefire, whether that be Green, SNP, Lib Dem, Labour, whoever…it’s just noises in the wind. It’ll make no difference to Israel or Hamas whatsoever. So all it would achieve at best is to (as you suggest) either garner some credit or debit with supporters or opponents in this country. In other words, whatever they say is for a domestic uk audience only. Personally it’d please me on some level if Starmer called for a ceasefire, perhaps. I mean who doesn’t want the killing to stop? But really it’s just gesture politics. Neither Israel nor Hamas give a flying one, what an opposition party half way round the world thinks. 

Not commenting on what's right or wrong and obviously there should be a lot more to it but...

Call for ceasefire - face angry statements from Jewish organisations

Don't call for ceasefire - face angry statements from Muslim organisations

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not commenting on what's right or wrong and obviously there should be a lot more to it but...

I think his particular problem is exactly that, he did appear to pick a side.

His experience, his life outside politics is that he is a qualified batchelor of law, he’s been Queen’s Counsel, Head of the Crown Prosecution Service, a barrister since the 1980’s he’s also worked for Liberty and has worked as a human rights adviser.

So it was a bit odd for him to trip up and accidentally appear to endorse war crimes.

35 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

His experience, his life outside politics is that he is a qualified batchelor of law, he’s been Queen’s Counsel, Head of the Crown Prosecution Service, a barrister since the 1980’s he’s also worked for Liberty and has worked as a human rights adviser.

So it was a bit odd for him to trip up and accidentally appear to endorse war crimes.

He's also married to someone of Jewish faith and his children are brought up in that religion

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's also married to someone of Jewish faith and his children are brought up in that religion

Like I say I’m sure it was an accident, and he has later clarified he was answering a different question to the one that was asked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

He’s obviously been taught the concept of backtracking after doing damage is easy.

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

whats he going to do when he is PM have his head in the sand? This is one of the roles of being PM no place to hide

Edited by Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

whats he going to do when he is PM have his head in the sand? This is one of the roles of being PM no place to hide

How did we evaluate this for the last two PMs?

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

One of the last two didn't really have time to say Ackee 1 2 3

Neither of last 2 were elected.

The one before that had his opposition labelled as a psychopath not worthy or able to rule.

oh the irony. 

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

Neither of last 2 were elected.

The one before that had his opposition labelled as a psychopath not worthy or able to rule.

oh the irony. 

Prime Ministers aren’t elected in this country. Repeating this nonsense just gives people the wrong impression of the current system

Â